Savic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Savic

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 am

gillie wrote:
spiny wrote:Savic lacks experience not skill.

He is not good enough mate.

Not good enough at all...I forget the play, but he half assed some pass that got picked off and it wasnt even close...thats not experience, thats sh*t skill.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby spiny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Bottom line of this topic was and is that he lacks skill to ever make anything like Premier league defender of himself. I never crucify players because of some individual mistake. Shit happens. This isn't about his poorly placed pass.

Like Ted said above, he lacks everything you expect from a talent. You need something to work with, pace, skill on the ball, good understanding of game and positioning..... something. He has none of those qualities. This guy is a lost cause and sooner we just admit we made mistake and move on the better.

We agree to disagree.

The same was levelled at Boetang who was crap for us but is doing ok with Bayern Munich.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 am

Everybody's favourite scapegoat. Far superior to Boyata yet he was afforded more tolerance. The real fault at Swansea lay with others well before Savic. And it was mainly the forward players who were rank rotten.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Everybody's favourite scapegoat. Far superior to Boyata yet he was afforded more tolerance. The real fault at Swansea lay with others well before Savic. And it was mainly the forward players who were rank rotten.

Aside from being sent off vs arsenal, i dont recall us losing points directly because of one of his mistakes. Im not all that inclined to blame savic for sunday either, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see the glaring deficiencies in his game.

Ultimately though, bobby chooses the team so he has to take the blame if his choices fuck up, and savic was not the worst city player out there by a long shot
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Everybody's favourite scapegoat. Far superior to Boyata yet he was afforded more tolerance. The real fault at Swansea lay with others well before Savic. And it was mainly the forward players who were rank rotten.

In what way is he better than Boyata? I'm not sure either of them will make it at this level, but the only thing Savic has looked better at is comfort on the ball.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm

I think he is better in the air than Boyata, better positional play and certainly far more comfortable on the ball. I didn't think the goal on Sunday was his fault either.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bluej » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
SirSavic wrote:We need to get behind Savic. He just needs a run of games and he will be better than Richard Dunne!

Every fucker gets behind Savic, even Andy Carroll.

Haha.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm

spiny wrote:

Bottom line of this topic was and is that he lacks skill to ever make anything like Premier league defender of himself. I never crucify players because of some individual mistake. Shit happens. This isn't about his poorly placed pass.

Like Ted said above, he lacks everything you expect from a talent. You need something to work with, pace, skill on the ball, good understanding of game and positioning..... something. He has none of those qualities. This guy is a lost cause and sooner we just admit we made mistake and move on the better.

We agree to disagree.

The same was levelled at Boetang who was crap for us but is doing ok with Bayern Munich.

Boateng looked like he couldn't be arsed to adjust his game to Premier league pace. I didn't really like him but he was ten million times the player Savic is. Two wrongs don't make a right though.

But yeah, agree to disagree.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Lulzy daizy.

No.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Lulzy daizy.

No.

Is that a word in another language.
All I have been able to find is someone shooting a load of people on youtube in what I think looks like cod
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:31 pm

spiny wrote:

We agree to disagree.

Boateng looked like he couldn't be arsed to adjust his game to Premier league pace. I didn't really like him but he was ten million times the player Savic is. Two wrongs don't make a right though.

Boateng is still shit & a great big fucking fairy who would still get arse raped in the Prem, but he's miles better than Savic who, tbf, is not a fairy but just shitter than Boateng. Boyata is stronger faster & better in the air than Savic but has been a disaster whenever I've seen him play for Bolton.

If Savic was 18, I'd have hopes that he has some hidden talent we haven't seen but he's 21.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
spiny wrote:

We agree to disagree.

Boateng is still shit & a great big fucking fairy who would still get arse raped in the Prem, but he's miles better than Savic who, tbf, is not a fairy but just shitter than Boateng. Boyata is stronger faster & better in the air than Savic but has been a disaster whenever I've seen him play for Bolton.

If Savic was 18, I'd have hopes that he has some hidden talent we haven't seen but he's 21.

That's the point I was making. In fact point of this topic. I've followed Boyata closely as I quite like him as talent. He has lot of things you look for in centerback. He has been quite poor in Bolton (couple of injuries hasn't really helped, mind) and obviously it has been step backwards. At 21 I can understand if we sell him in the end of the season. I believe that with more experience and confidence he will become, if not great, then at least pretty good league defender.

Savic on the other hand, I see none of those qualities in him. None.

Now nothing would make me happier than if Savic proved me wrong. We've spent lot of money for him. But I'm pretty sure that will never happen. I'm also sure that someone will dig this up when he is best defender in German second division in seven years claiming we should've kept him. All that after few league titles and probably Champions League win for us.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:39 am

That's the point I was making. In fact point of this topic. I've followed Boyata closely as I quite like him as talent. He has lot of things you look for in centerback. He has been quite poor in Bolton (couple of injuries hasn't really helped, mind) and obviously it has been step backwards. At 21 I can understand if we sell him in the end of the season. I believe that with more experience and confidence he will become, if not great, then at least pretty good league defender.

Now nothing would make me happier than if Savic proved me wrong. We've spent lot of money for him. But I'm pretty sure that will never happen. I'm also sure that someone will dig this up when he is best defender in German second division in seven years claiming we should've kept him. All that after few league titles and probably Champions League win for us.

Nail and head. Piccs is normally sound, but he's had a petrov moment claiming any saving grace for Savic.

Also Boateng was definitely a massive cunt, but he, like every single person I've seen play cb for us were better than Savic has been. Have we ever kept a clean sheet with him playing?
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:18 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Nail and head. Piccs is normally sound, but he's had a petrov moment claiming any saving grace for Savic.

Also Boateng was definitely a massive cunt, but he, like every single person I've seen play cb for us were better than Savic has been. Have we ever kept a clean sheet with him playing?

Yes we have.
And to be fair to Boyata we did play him out of position at full back a couple of times.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Yes we have.
And to be fair to Boyata we did play him out of position at full back a couple of times.

I've tried to like Savic mate but he fucks something up everytime he plays.

I don't think Boyata was a world beater, but he at least had a couple of games where we all saw something in him. Savic has never had one of those games.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Yes we have.

I've tried to like Savic mate but he fucks something up everytime he plays.

I don't think Boyata was a world beater, but he at least had a couple of games where we all saw something in him. Savic has never had one of those games.

Ha ha I see something in him.

I already feel happier with him there than Kolo who frightens the shit out of me.
There is a danger he will become like Edghill who was a decent player who got his confidence taken apart by supporters blaming him for everything.
Savic wasn't the villain on Sunday, yet he was blamed for that defeat. But in truth the attacking part of our game was what was wrong, even the golden boys Aguero and Silva put in a worse performance than Richard Ashcroft.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 am

I already feel happier with him there than Kolo who frightens the shit out of me.
There is a danger he will become like Edghill who was a decent player who got his confidence taken apart by supporters blaming him for everything.
Savic wasn't the villain on Sunday, yet he was blamed for that defeat. But in truth the attacking part of our game was what was wrong, even the golden boys Aguero and Silva put in a worse performance than Richard Ashcroft.

Edgehill had a long spell where he was to blame for everything, which is why he was blamed -not for everything - but for his stupid, idiotic fuck ups which had no place on a professional football pitch.

Remind us of his career trajectory after he left city? Perhaps its city fans fault he never ever regained his confidence, or perhaps the reality is that he simply did not have what it takes when he hit a rough patch. At least though edgehill was good at one point, with savic its the opposite, he is poor at the outset, he has to battle through the criticism and have broad shoulders, because the criticism of his performances are justified, and im sure he will be the first to admit it

Aguero and Silva have been called out for their performance, but the difference is that we know they can do it so trust them to come gpod. We have no evidence at all that Savic can come good because he has never had a decent game for us.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:28 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Edgehill had a long spell where he was to blame for everything, which is why he was blamed -not for everything - but for his stupid, idiotic fuck ups which had no place on a professional football pitch.

Remind us of his career trajectory after he left city? Perhaps its city fans fault he never ever regained his confidence, or perhaps the reality is that he simply did not have what it takes when he hit a rough patch. At least though edgehill was good at one point, with savic its the opposite, he is poor at the outset, he has to battle through the criticism and have broad shoulders, because the criticism of his performances are justified, and im sure he will be the first to admit it

Aguero and Silva have been called out for their performance, but the difference is that we know they can do it so trust them to come gpod. We have no evidence at all that Savic can come good because he has never had a decent game for us.

Edghill was a decent pro who was destined for good things. City fans systematically dismantled his confidence. He was 'one of us' too. It was painful to watch his sapping belief in himself and City fans should hang their heads for the shameful hatchet job they did on him.
The only players I can recall coming through such treatment are Goater and Big Joe. It doesn't help.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:41 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Edghill was a decent pro who was destined for good things. City fans systematically dismantled his confidence. He was 'one of us' too. It was painful to watch his sapping belief in himself and City fans should hang their heads for the shameful hatchet job they did on him.
The only players I can recall coming through such treatment are Goater and Big Joe. It doesn't help.

Edghill would have been a good solid Premier League full back if the game around him hadnt evolved. The quality required on the ball increased in the mid 90's and players like Edgehill, who had little, were left behind.

Missing a season at the latter stages of his development due to injury didnt help either.

He was a target for the boo's as more often than not he was associated with clagner, similar to our boy Stef. How to solve this? Just dont drop them. But these players cant do that becuase they are not good enough.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 am

The difference between savic and edgehill is that edgehill actually had a period where he was decent for us, Savic hasnt. Didnt edgehill have a bit of a resurgence towards the end of his city career? I cant really remember if i have made that up or not!

Anyway who do we have to play tonight to replace SAvic as Komp zaba and Lescott(id rather keep him for chelsea game than risk him) apparently out? we may have no choice but to play him.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum