Savic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Savic

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blueonblue wrote:So the kid made a bo bo, he was hardly on his own as the whole team were misfiring nor did his mistake cost us the goal, that one goes down to NDJ who decided to jog back and not bother picking up "His" man ( And he has been poor since returning from the injury, or maybe the rumours of him going in the summer are getting to him ).

As for the options we had, Kolo paired with Lescott was a none starter because of the speed and pace of Swansea in attack, moving Micha inside would have lost the overlap that is such a big part of our attacking game, so Savic was the best option left, he aint bad on the deck and quicker than both Kolo and Lescott, no player goes through a game without making a mistake but his seem to get highlighted every time, and if Roberto see`s some thing in the kid then I for one will back him.

We are not the finished artical yet, we are still building the squad so there will be times we come unstuck, thats no reason to suddenly start doubting the managers judgment because he has thrown a young player in thats maybe not quite ready, an getting on his back wont help either, just accept it was a poor show from the whole team rather than picking out one player to bitch at.

Is he fucking hell quicker than Kolo and Lescott. Lescott is about the same pace but ten times stronger at holding off an opponent & Kolo would fucking lap him in a 100 yard sprint.

He is slow, weak, aerially poor, positionally poor & we can now add; bricking his fucking pants.

WERE 2nd 1 point behind the ssum and they have to come to us, Give me that in August and I would have said nice one...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Gary Neville has just shown how Savic managed to make 4, that's FOUR mistakes in the one move, basically pulling our whole defence out of shape better than Lionel fucking Messi.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:03 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Gary Neville has just shown how Savic managed to make 4, that's FOUR mistakes in the one move, basically pulling our whole defence out of shape better than Lionel fucking Messi.

Savic is the new Messi ;-)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 am

Is NDP a permanently drunk nine year old? yes, judging by his ability to miss the point in even the most obvious posts.Have a go at me by all means mate, but try for just a tiny bit of accuracy when you do. And as for bollockin Doug who as ever is merely trying to demonstrate an IQ in the normal range and a bit of balance, I fuckin give up,lol.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby SirSavic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

We need to get behind Savic. He just needs a run of games and he will be better than Richard Dunne!
SirSavic
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Savic

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 pm

SirSavic wrote:We need to get behind Savic. He just needs a run of games and he will be better than Richard Dunne!

Every fucker gets behind Savic, even Andy Carroll.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Superbia » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Every fucker gets behind Savic, even Andy Carroll.

Brilliant made me laugh
Superbia
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I dont like knocking our players but Savic is not good enough for a team hoping to win Championships and that i'm afraid is a fact whoever scouted him imo should be sacked for gross misconduct.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby spiny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Savic lacks experience not skill.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

gillie wrote:I dont like knocking our players but Savic is not good enough for a team hoping to win Championships and that i'm afraid is a fact [highlight]whoever scouted him imo should be sacked for gross misconduct.[/highlight]

Must have been Mr Magoo or PALUS our Balkan scout!!!!!
Last edited by bluebananamilksheikh on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

spiny wrote:Savic lacks experience not skill.

He is not good enough mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Savic has been appalling for us in almost all of his starts for us this season.

However, he was not at fault for the goal on Sunday. I would be pointing the finger at Kolo, Lescott and possible Hart before blaming him. Plenty could have been done before the ball hit the net to stop that goal.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Savic has been appalling for us in almost all of his starts for us this season.

However, he was not at fault for the goal on Sunday. I would be pointing the finger at Kolo, [highlight]Lescott[/highlight]and possible Hart before blaming him. Plenty could have been done before the ball hit the net to stop that goal.

Fuck me, blaming Lescott when he wasn't even in the squad, are you Carl in disguise?
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Savic has been appalling for us in almost all of his starts for us this season.

However, he was not at fault for the goal on Sunday. I would be pointing the finger at Kolo, [highlight]Lescott[/highlight] and possible Hart before blaming him. Plenty could have been done before the ball hit the net to stop that goal.

Lescott wasn't even playing, which proves that your point is bollox
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby spiny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 am

gillie wrote:

He is not good enough mate.

He always looks to play the ball rather than hoof it. Our passing game is based on fluidity of movement and interchangeable positions. If we are to be a top team, all players must be comfortable on the ball with positional awareness on and off the ball. He has been caught out but is not the only one. He is a different style of player than your typical CB and young and inexperienced at this level. Much better than Nedum, people should cut him some slack. He is good enough and will improve given a chance.

Lescott anyone? A more limited player who had a dreadful start who has had a stand out season.

Apart from his high profile lapses, Vidic has played well bearing in mind he is 4th choice, one for the future. It is a team game and there are older more experienced players who could have done more. Vidic is an easy scapegoat.
spiny

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am

spiny wrote:
He always looks to play the ball rather than hoof it. Our passing game is based on fluidity of movement and interchangeable positions. If we are to be a top team, all players must be comfortable on the ball with positional awareness on and off the ball. He has been caught out but is not the only one. He is a different style of player than your typical CB and young and inexperienced at this level. Much better than Nedum, people should cut him some slack. He is good enough and will improve given a chance.

Lescott anyone? A more limited player who had a dreadful start who has had a stand out season.

Apart from his high profile lapses, Vidic has played well bearing in mind he is 4th choice, one for the future. It is a team game and there are older more experienced players who could have done more. Vidic is an easy scapegoat.

Freudian slip there, or rag?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
spiny wrote:

I sense another rag or someone who is a savic fan 1st and only watches city because of him but used to be a rag fan.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby spiny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:01 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
spiny wrote:

I sense another rag or someone who is a savic fan 1st and only watches city because of him but used to be a rag fan.

.. or perhaps I know more about football than you two do? Roberto Mancini is better placed than any of us to judge if Savic is good enough. It is all about opinions but neither of your comments about me or my post adds to the debate - apart from being wrong.
spiny

Postby spiny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 am

Yep Sparticus, mistake - Vidic instead of Savic. Dont know if it was Freudian but it was a slip. Well spotted.
spiny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 am

Bottom line of this topic was and is that he lacks skill to ever make anything like Premier league defender of himself. I never crucify players because of some individual mistake. Shit happens. This isn't about his poorly placed pass.

Like Ted said above, he lacks everything you expect from a talent. You need something to work with, pace, skill on the ball, good understanding of game and positioning..... something. He has none of those qualities. This guy is a lost cause and sooner we just admit we made mistake and move on the better.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum