Savic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Savic

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 am

Lets support him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Always good to vent the old spleen after a poor performance and a defeat. No Lescott ,Dzeko or Kolarov so little doubt where the hammer would fall. Of course his sloppy pass gave the ball away but that's not the only thing that gave the goal away.

It didn't help that everything we tried to do had to go through Yaya and all Savic was trying to do was give the ball to Yaya who for some reason chose to move away at the exact moment he passed it.I didn't think Savic was good and I don't think he is quite ready yet but he does not deserve the venom going his way.

Why did we lose today? A complete lack of energy and ideas might be the main reason. Is that the manager or the players.Probably both but our away record is seriously rubbish since the swamp result.

Oh the irony, feller who doesn't miss a chance to moan about Mancini talking about knee jerk reactions. How is the world up there?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Always good to vent the old spleen after a poor performance and a defeat. No Lescott ,Dzeko or Kolarov so little doubt where the hammer would fall. Of course his sloppy pass gave the ball away but that's not the only thing that gave the goal away.

It didn't help that everything we tried to do had to go through Yaya and all Savic was trying to do was give the ball to Yaya who for some reason chose to move away at the exact moment he passed it.I didn't think Savic was good and I don't think he is quite ready yet but he does not deserve the venom going his way.

Why did we lose today? A complete lack of energy and ideas might be the main reason. Is that the manager or the players.Probably both but our away record is seriously rubbish since the swamp result.

Oh the irony, feller who doesn't miss a chance to moan about Mancini talking about knee jerk reactions. How is the world up there?

But he goes to watch all the training sessions don't you know? That means he's right about everything City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:At the moment Savic is a sack of crap i dont know if he will improve i do know hes not good enough at the moment plus he looks ill.

he does...he looks like he caught the bird flu from somewhere. Get him some milk, a loaf of warm crusty bread and a shot of penicillin. A couple doses of tamiflu. Cold compresses for his head. A week in bed. Something....

i caught a fever watching the gaunt fucler play today. Not because he was on fire.

Bem brasil every day for a month would sort him out.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:53 am

didn't do much for Jo and Robinho ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Its down to management. Yes Savic is shite. But if you are gonna play him, you have to spend time with him, talk to him, put an arm round him, tell him you believe in him. Dont just stick him in when any coont can see he is white with feckin fear.Look at Ferguson with that coont de Gea. If that was Mancini's player who he'd paid 17 mill for, the coont would be a gibberin wreck.You have to manage players. Make them believe. You cant do it with a flick of your fuckin hair, and your eyes constantly goin skywards. There'smore to managing a team than them knowing where they should stand on the fuckin pitch. We keep getting out played by feckin journeymen who give more effort than we do and know the goal is forewards, not somewhere twenty yards short of the halfway line.Mancini needs to start addressing his problems because its a recurring problem and it wont feckin do.Joe, have a couple of days on the beer. The rest of you, in Monday 9 am sharp. And Nasri, Silva and Ya Ya, make that 8 am you fuckin idle coonts.

That's as bad post as any.
A) How the fuck do you know Mancini isn't "putting arm around his shoulder"? Telling him he believes in him? Fact that he still gets chances would indicate that you are talking out of your arse.
B) You are coming with an assumption that this feller is some sort of super star technically gifted player who is just suffering from low confidence. All I've seen is pub league "quality".
C) What a fucking retarded comment about "There's more to managing than....". You've forgotten that this feller has won leagues and cups everywhere he has managed? I think he has bit better understanding of football tactics than you. And fact that you are making excuses for no talent like Savic only proves that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 am

i think when savic plays he must tell the other players to look afte r him cos richards never got forward hardly except for the disallowed goal and once or twice in the first half, so were not as confident as a defensive unit ,i thought rekik might have played he looks good when hes played albeit league cup games and full of confidence.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 am

ant london wrote:didn't do much for Jo and Robinho ;-)

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

paulmclaren wrote:He was our best defender b4 that stupid pass, which yaya should of done better with btw, bit harsh i think as he played well.

I'm a big fan of Yaya but think you are right there
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

Rag_hater wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:He was our best defender b4 that stupid pass, which yaya should of done better with btw, bit harsh i think as he played well.

I'm a big fan of Yaya but think you are right there

Me and my brother were both screaming at Yaya to fuck off out of defense and let the defenders do their job. He sat deper than everyone for about two minutes and kept passing the ball back to Savic, yaya played like a twat yesterday and offered absolutely nothing. Silly mistake but to blame Savic alone is a bit unfair.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

I've asked this question before & it usually leads to a blanik response:

What is it in Savic's play that any of you see which suggests he will ever be good enough to play CB for Manchester City ?.

Please list the particular qualities which we can work on.

While your at it, please explain which things he does that are better than, let's say Chris Smalling for example, as they are the same age.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
ant london wrote:didn't do much for Jo and Robinho ;-)

Now Mr Have A Disco....we are talking!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I've asked this question before & it usually leads to a blanik response:

What is it in Savic's play that any of you see which suggests he will ever be good enough to play CB for Manchester City ?.

While your at it, please explain which things he does that are better than, let's say Chris Smalling for example, as they are the same age.

Absolutely nothing!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I've asked this question before & it usually leads to a blanik response:

I am really curious to find out who suggested him to us, after he played just 20 games for Partizan last year and made us pay 10 mil for him. You can't have a full scouting case after you see him playing in that league, where are just two mediocre teams.

I think there is a weird pathern that happend the past 5 years in Europe. The ex yugoslaian players had become one of the most overexpensive footballers in the world, after Spurs hit the jackpot with Modric. We paid tons of cash for Charlie, Savic, Scum for Tosic and so on, players that failed to impress.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights everytime he plays from what i can see
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

He has better hair than Smalling. His knowledge of cafes in Montenegro is also better.

Can't think of anything football related though. Perhaps more pertinent would be what does he do better than Ned or Boyata? In which case, the hair is more debatable but I think he's still stronger on geography.

A bizarre buy, but every manager makes mistakes. However, they usually realise and stop playing them, rather than making them a key part of the team.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Ive been quiet on this Savic Cat...but after yesterday, Ive made a decision. I am 35, with two slipped discs in my back, havent played football since college and could do a better job playing for City than this kid. Get him outta here, Stat.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blueonblue » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

So the kid made a bo bo, he was hardly on his own as the whole team were misfiring nor did his mistake cost us the goal, that one goes down to NDJ who decided to jog back and not bother picking up "His" man ( And he has been poor since returning from the injury, or maybe the rumours of him going in the summer are getting to him ).

As for the options we had, Kolo paired with Lescott was a none starter because of the speed and pace of Swansea in attack, moving Micha inside would have lost the overlap that is such a big part of our attacking game, so Savic was the best option left, he aint bad on the deck and quicker than both Kolo and Lescott, no player goes through a game without making a mistake but his seem to get highlighted every time, and if Roberto see`s some thing in the kid then I for one will back him.

We are not the finished artical yet, we are still building the squad so there will be times we come unstuck, thats no reason to suddenly start doubting the managers judgment because he has thrown a young player in thats maybe not quite ready, an getting on his back wont help either, just accept it was a poor show from the whole team rather than picking out one player to bitch at.
Blueonblue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Blueonblue wrote:So the kid made a bo bo, he was hardly on his own as the whole team were misfiring nor did his mistake cost us the goal, that one goes down to NDJ who decided to jog back and not bother picking up "His" man ( And he has been poor since returning from the injury, or maybe the rumours of him going in the summer are getting to him ).

As for the options we had, Kolo paired with Lescott was a none starter because of the speed and pace of Swansea in attack, moving Micha inside would have lost the overlap that is such a big part of our attacking game, so Savic was the best option left, he aint bad on the deck and quicker than both Kolo and Lescott, no player goes through a game without making a mistake but his seem to get highlighted every time, and if Roberto see`s some thing in the kid then I for one will back him.

We are not the finished artical yet, we are still building the squad so there will be times we come unstuck, thats no reason to suddenly start doubting the managers judgment because he has thrown a young player in thats maybe not quite ready, an getting on his back wont help either, just accept it was a poor show from the whole team rather than picking out one player to bitch at.

Is he fucking hell quicker than Kolo and Lescott. Lescott is about the same pace but ten times stronger at holding off an opponent & Kolo would fucking lap him in a 100 yard sprint.

He is slow, weak, aerially poor, positionally poor & we can now add; bricking his fucking pants.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blueonblue wrote:So the kid made a bo bo, he was hardly on his own as the whole team were misfiring nor did his mistake cost us the goal, that one goes down to NDJ who decided to jog back and not bother picking up "His" man ( And he has been poor since returning from the injury, or maybe the rumours of him going in the summer are getting to him ).

Is he fucking hell quicker than Kolo and Lescott. Lescott is about the same pace but ten times stronger at holding off an opponent & Kolo would fucking lap him in a 100 yard sprint.

Agreed . The squad played poorly and Swansea played well....but if we looked like ass, he was the zit on that very ass.

He is slow, weak, aerially poor, positionally poor & we can now add; bricking his fucking pants
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum