Savic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Savic

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:46 pm

He was our best defender b4 that stupid pass, which yaya should of done better with btw, bit harsh i think as he played well.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Chopper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Not the first time a mistake by Savic has cost us a goal. A season long loan might be his best bet before he gets anywhere near our first team again.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Mike J » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

i blame mancini for picking him. every single person can see he shouldnt be playing! why pick him!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:
I'm not missing the point - you are. I said he did drop a bollock, and his mistake lead to the goal.
But, Richard's defending was still shite, and that also contributed to the goal.

No, you're still missing the point. Re-read my post. Savic makes the all important initial mistake that leads to us being on the back foot from a position where we were comfortable in possession. Fair enough, you're trying to stick up for a young, inexperienced player but he is clearly out of his depth at this level
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Disgraceful the same as in 4 or 5 other games of his first and maybe last season with our beloved City!
Last edited by Renato_CTID on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Would Savic get a game for any other side in the top 6, or even on the bench? I think not, so he is not good enough.
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby s1ty m » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Mike J wrote:i blame mancini for picking him. every single person can see he shouldnt be playing! why pick him!

Indeed. I also blame Mancini for buying him. Please tell me I am mistaken that he cost 10m. I mean, 10 million what, fucking buttons?
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Liability.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:19 pm

I called this right at the start..but was told to 'give him time'

He's gash
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby shawzy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Mike J wrote:i blame mancini for picking him. every single person can see he shouldnt be playing! why pick him!

Agreed..Mancini rates him but i cant see why.The guys a walking pipe bomb.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Bluez » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bluez wrote:If Savic had been sent off in the first minute we would still have been crap today. The whole team underperformed and when that happens the blame lies with the management

What about the players ?

Any player can have a bad day and then you hope the others step forward and take up the slack, but today they were all poor.I have no proof its the managements fault, but I cannot think of a good reason why the whole team were gash unless there was something fundementally wrong with the setup. Mancini tried changing it already by the 37 min which means he realized he had dropped a bullock, but even then it was not enough to stop the rot.

Savic is clearly not ready to play premier league football, but that doesn't explain why the other 9 outfield players were also crap. If we were winning 2-0 by the time he messed up it wouldn't have mattered. But the fact is we never really look like scoring.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:40 pm

At the moment Savic is a sack of crap i dont know if he will improve i do know hes not good enough at the moment plus he looks ill.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:27 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:At the moment Savic is a sack of crap i dont know if he will improve i do know hes not good enough at the moment plus he looks ill.

he does...he looks like he caught the bird flu from somewhere. Get him some milk, a loaf of warm crusty bread and a shot of penicillin. A couple doses of tamiflu. Cold compresses for his head. A week in bed. Something....

i caught a fever watching the gaunt fucler play today. Not because he was on fire.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I still want to know why we loaned out Boyata again and not loaned Savic instead? Why we as a team choose to hold grudges (Ned) rather than do what is best for us winning. Maybe picking up a center back version of Vieira from last year should have been beyond obvious.

Sparky ran Sturridge out of town, whether you like him or not he is a very talented player. Mancini chose for whatever justification he had to let Ned rot while we bled (we was it bled from) Savic. He knew full well that Kolo was going to the African Nations Cup, and any nob can reasonably assume one of Vinny or Lescott could get hurt or say suspended for 4 matches and we have little cover. We seem to allow our managers to personality issues get in the way of winning. Who would love Bellamy's energy on the field when we are sitting still like today?

I am not blaming management for the play on the field, but I fault them for the player on the field. Boyata has a year Prem experience underneath him already. While he may not be our type of player for the future, he is much better cover than a 20-year old who looks lost in the league.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Florida Blue wrote:I still want to know why we loaned out Boyata again and not loaned Savic instead? Why we as a team choose to hold grudges (Ned) rather than do what is best for us winning. Maybe picking up a center back version of Vieira from last year should have been beyond obvious.

Sparky ran Sturridge out of town, whether you like him or not he is a very talented player. Mancini chose for whatever justification he had to let Ned rot while we bled (we was it bled from) Savic. He knew full well that Kolo was going to the African Nations Cup, and any nob can reasonably assume one of Vinny or Lescott could get hurt or say suspended for 4 matches and we have little cover. We seem to allow our managers to personality issues get in the way of winning. Who would love Bellamy's energy on the field when we are sitting still like today?

I am not blaming management for the play on the field, but I fault them for the player on the field. Boyata has a year Prem experience underneath him already. While he may not be our type of player for the future, he is much better cover than a 20-year old who looks lost in the league.

Boyata has been a hightmare this season too. I agree he has more natural assets as a centre back than Savic but he hasn't showed them at Bolton. We needed to sign someone at Christmas, as many of us said on here.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Savic has little ability and no confidence in it. He simply isnt good enough and never will be.

We could have done worse than play Rekik. At least he looks to have confidence in his undoubted ability from what little ive seen of him. Savic walks onto the pitch looking defeated, probably because he knows he isnt good enough.

I feel sorry for him rather than angry, a clanger was coming all game that would cost us. It was just whether it came from Savic or K Toure. Or both!
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby bluechester » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Grob wrote:Savic has little ability and no confidence in it. He simply isnt good enough and never will be.

We could have done worse than play Rekik. At least he looks to have confidence in his undoubted ability from what little ive seen of him. Savic walks onto the pitch looking defeated, probably because he knows he isnt good enough.

I feel sorry for him rather than angry, a clanger was coming all game that would cost us. It was just whether it came from Savic or K Toure. Or both!

hate to say it savic confidence has gone, every mistake results ina channce/goal for the oposition, mistake not getting a CB in the jan window
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Its down to management. Yes Savic is shite. But if you are gonna play him, you have to spend time with him, talk to him, put an arm round him, tell him you believe in him. Dont just stick him in when any coont can see he is white with feckin fear.Look at Ferguson with that coont de Gea. If that was Mancini's player who he'd paid 17 mill for, the coont would be a gibberin wreck.You have to manage players. Make them believe. You cant do it with a flick of your fuckin hair, and your eyes constantly goin skywards. There'smore to managing a team than them knowing where they should stand on the fuckin pitch. We keep getting out played by feckin journeymen who give more effort than we do and know the goal is forewards, not somewhere twenty yards short of the halfway line.Mancini needs to start addressing his problems because its a recurring problem and it wont feckin do.Joe, have a couple of days on the beer. The rest of you, in Monday 9 am sharp. And Nasri, Silva and Ya Ya, make that 8 am you fuckin idle coonts.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby phips » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Savic is responsible for the loss.....
We couldve scrapped by with a draw but he blew it. Fucking idiot.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Its down to management. Yes Savic is shite. But if you are gonna play him, you have to spend time with him, talk to him, put an arm round him, tell him you believe in him. Dont just stick him in when any coont can see he is white with feckin fear.Look at Ferguson with that coont de Gea. If that was Mancini's player who he'd paid 17 mill for, the coont would be a gibberin wreck.You have to manage players. Make them believe. You cant do it with a flick of your fuckin hair, and your eyes constantly goin skywards. There'smore to managing a team than them knowing where they should stand on the fuckin pitch. We keep getting out played by feckin journeymen who give more effort than we do and know the goal is forewards, not somewhere twenty yards short of the halfway line.Mancini needs to start addressing his problems because its a recurring problem and it wont feckin do.Joe, have a couple of days on the beer. The rest of you, in Monday 9 am sharp. And Nasri, Silva and Ya Ya, make that 8 am you fuckin idle coonts.

He'd be ok playing with Kompany perhaps as vince organises us a treat and see things early.

Lescott has enough on his plate looking after his own game, let alone savic.

Toure, positionally, has never had a clue, must be a nightmare to play with, and has always relied on his pace to cover for his numerous mistakes.

Savic, Kolo and Boyata can be moved on in the summer for me. I'd promote Rekik to 4th choice and buy another CB. I'd like us to go after someone like Vermaelen.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum