Savic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Savic

Postby Slim » Sun May 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Savic is back up to Godin and Gimenez, so I think we're overstating how well he's going.

20 starts(He started 5/6 domestic cup games, I suspect this was an agreement he had), 4 subs appearances, 22 times as an unused sub.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I always said he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. I maintain the scapegoating helped destroy his confidence.
I compared him to a young player who didn't make the grade here and moved to Italy and gained a good reputation.
I don't think that's entirely unfair.

Pogba didn't make the grade here? Wasn't he 16 when he was at the rags? And then he chose to move to Juve - not that the rags got rid cause he 'didn't make the grade'.

'On 3 July 2012, Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson confirmed that Pogba had left the club after not signing a new contract.[50] Ferguson stated that Pogba had signed for Italian club Juventus "a long time ago as far as we're aware." Ferguson also accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying, "It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest"

Pogba 16 when he was at the rags - Savic signed for us at what, 19/20 years old?

There's a 'young' player and there's a young player. One player was playing youth team football and the other trying to force his way in to the first team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Weren't there noises united didn't make a credible offer to keep him?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Weren't there noises united didn't make a credible offer to keep him?

No. But even if there were, how does that prove a kid didn't 'make the grade' there?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Because if they had thought he would make it they would have done so. Imbue I remember talk of him being treated shabbily and question about Bacon Chops judgement.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Because if they had thought he would make it they would have done so.

Like we did with Sturridge?

Game, set, and match Piccs lad. No point continuing this anymore.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:So Pogba leaving the UK and doing well in Italy means nothing, and we wouldn't gladly spunk a ton of cash on bringing him back to the UK?

Pogba never played here to be assessed.

Savic was very good last night but to say you saw it in him at city is of nostradamus proportions.

Got to say I'm with Piccs on Savic - there was a thread when he left us for an Italian club where one of their fans posted asking what sort of player he was, and I summed him up as a ball playing central defender who lost his confidence due to the speed of the Premier league - he was at his best for us on those few times we used three central defenders and he didn't have to worry as much about defensive responsibilities, so going to Italy was a pretty good bet for seeing him improve.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Because if they had thought he would make it they would have done so.

The two deals may have been completely different. Sturridge was asking an awful lot. Was Pogba?

The truth is many said he was utter shit. Turns out he is a fine centre half. They were wrong.
Game set and match.
Up yer pipe.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Sun May 29, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Mase wrote:

If you think sturridge is 1/8 the player Pogba is then you're high as a kite.

If was reported that the Rags didn't make a solid effort cuz bacon didn't fancy him. Sturridge we wanted but his dickhwad agent/uncle convinced him he was so amazing that he should take the higher wages from Chelsea and we wouldn't match them.

I would say in hindsight we were 100% right. What's he really done other than be injured and nearly win some stuff?

Nothing.

Keep making silly attempts to pull up the smartest and best posters on here with your debate skills. I'm entertained.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 29, 2016 5:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

If was reported that the Rags didn't make a solid effort cuz bacon didn't fancy him. Sturridge we wanted but his dickhwad agent/uncle convinced him he was so amazing that he should take the higher wages from Chelsea and we wouldn't match them.

I would say in hindsight we were 100% right. What's he really done other than be injured and nearly win some stuff?

Nothing.

Keep making silly attempts to pull up the smartest and best posters on here with your debate skills. I'm entertained.

Cheers

Aww Shucks Gringo.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

Nothing.

Cheers

Gringo lad, you've lost your head. No one listens to what you say anymore. Even the posters who you'd considered 'mates' at one point have already confessed what a loon you are. Time to leave following me around now Mike. You're a beaten man.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

The two deals may have been completely different. Sturridge was asking an awful lot. Was Pogba?

The truth is many said he was utter shit. Turns out he is a fine centre half. They were wrong.
Game set and match.
Up yer pipe.

'fine centre half' that can't get in the first team in a league that Otamendi was brilliant in.

The end.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun May 29, 2016 6:49 pm

That plays for a serious contender, with one of the meanest defences in Europe.
Because he is shit.
Now that is the End.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:That plays for a serious contender, with one of the meanest defences in Europe.
Because he is shit.
Now that is the End.

He isn't a starter. Stats further up that someone else has provided have proven that. It's like saying Bony's a fantastic striker since he's moved from Swansea as City scored the most goals in the premiership this season. It doesn't make sense.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Mase wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

Nothing.

Cheers

Gringo lad, you've lost your head. No one listens to what you say anymore. Even the posters who you'd considered 'mates' at one point have already confessed what a loon you are. Time to leave following me around now Mike. You're a beaten man.

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mase » Sun May 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Green really brings out the colour of your eyes Gringo lad
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 30, 2016 1:41 am

Mase wrote:Image

You're such a simpleton fuck you clearly have no idea what the core thesis of that book or movie is about. Which isn't shocking because I'd guess your ability to understand anything beyond standard lad-level horseshit is nonexistent.

You a bitch. A basic bitch.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mase » Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

You're such a simpleton fuck you clearly have no idea what the core thesis of that book or movie is about. Which isn't shocking because I'd guess your ability to understand anything beyond standard lad-level horseshit is nonexistent.

Cheers

Come on Gringo. You waited hours just to give me that response? Fuck sake, I might as well go find blueboylewis and argue with him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 30, 2016 7:48 am

Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I always said he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. I maintain the scapegoating helped destroy his confidence.
I compared him to a young player who didn't make the grade here and moved to Italy and gained a good reputation.
I don't think that's entirely unfair.

Pogba didn't make the grade here? Wasn't he 16 when he was at the rags? And then he chose to move to Juve - not that the rags got rid cause he 'didn't make the grade'.

'On 3 July 2012, Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson confirmed that Pogba had left the club after not signing a new contract.[50] Ferguson stated that Pogba had signed for Italian club Juventus "a long time ago as far as we're aware." Ferguson also accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying, "It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest"

Pogba 16 when he was at the rags - Savic signed for us at what, 19/20 years old?

There's a 'young' player and there's a young player. One player was playing youth team football and the other trying to force his way in to the first team.

Ah the gospel according to Slur.

Truth is Pogba who was 18 at the time was on the verge of breaking into the Rags first team and Slur decided he'd rather bring Scholes back from retirement ( rather than go with youth, fancy that! ) and that's when Pogba decided his future lay elsewhere.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon May 30, 2016 7:59 am

Mase wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Come on Gringo. You waited hours just to give me that response? Fuck sake, I might as well go find blueboylewis and argue with him.

Just knock it now boys. It's getting really silly.

And for what it's worth, Mase, I agree with Doom that you shouldn't use surnames on here. Despite not adapting a larger-than-life-persona on here, I wouldn't be happy with my surname being used either. Like Doom's it's a very uncommon one, and I wouldn't like my ramblings on mancityfans.net being the first thing that comes up if a client or a prospect did a google search on my name.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum