African Cup of Nations

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: African Cup of Nations

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 am

Didnt really watch any of this tournament, but give thanks that this shit is over. When are the two lads back? Assuming they wont play Wednesday.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:08 am

Slim wrote:Let's hope the Ivory Coast FA remember to get him a cake.

If they don't get him a cake, he won't want to play for them anymore.

Fingers crossed they forget to contact the confectioner.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:14 am

Nothing on the mcfc website about their win. Cakegate 2.0?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:18 am

They could get a boat back now if they wanted. Neither will be any use til the Newcastle game anyway.

I watched a recording of the game up to extra time. Very negative especially from Ghana. Nasty fouls, absolutely staggeringly shit ref (Bony in particular suffering for & against).

Gervinho is one of the worst footballers on the planet. He actually has loads of pace & ability, but he is the stupidest fucker, probably ever. For Bony, playing next to him must be a nightmare. He had the mother of all thankless tasks: vs two defenders on his own, never geting any kind of return pass from that dickhead.

But he still managed to create some good openings & won loads of headers. Miles miles better than Dzeko at doing that, even though smaller. He really is good.

But both him & Yaya are tanks. Yaya is fucked so far as energetic running is concerned, & Bony likes to do his work central, not chasing around everywhere. We have to make sure there is enough energy in the rest of the team if we are to get the best from both.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:52 am

The man for Energy is Milner always has been always will be.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 am

lets all have a disco wrote:The man for Energy is Milner always has been always will be.

And yet hes continually parked out wide, instead of playing centrally where Id wager he can do a far better job that lead boots Fernando. And we wonder why he would possibly want to go? Being plonked on the bench and left out for inferior players during the past 4 years may have something to do with it.

I turned on to watch the ACON for the first time when I heard there was a pen shoot-out; Bony should fit right in with our set pieces based on his pen. Ya Ya's was a decent pen, and that Ivory Coast keeper was a big time shithouse with his historyonics at the end. I genuinely didn't give a shite who won.

Ya Ya and Bony to go missing for 5-6 days, to emerge with a veiled transfer request from that comical agent.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:The man for Energy is Milner always has been always will be.

And yet hes continually parked out wide, instead of playing centrally where Id wager he can do a far better job that lead boots Fernando. And we wonder why he would possibly want to go? Being plonked on the bench and left out for inferior players during the past 4 years may have something to do with it.

I turned on to watch the ACON for the first time when I heard there was a pen shoot-out; Bony should fit right in with our set pieces based on his pen. Ya Ya's was a decent pen, and that Ivory Coast keeper was a big time shithouse with his historyonics at the end. I genuinely didn't give a shite who won.

Ya Ya and Bony to go missing for 5-6 days, to emerge with a veiled transfer request from that comical agent.

I like 433.

Yaya with Milner & Fernandinho looking after him & both springing forward in turn would be my way for big games. Pick the other 3 depending on who we play.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

I like 433.

Yaya with Milner & Fernandinho looking after him & both springing forward in turn would be my way for big games. Pick the other 3 depending on who we play.

Whichever way gets Milner more central would work. That system you've mentioned can when Ya Ya returns. Failing that Milner and Fernandinho can play as a 2 in front of the back 4, and you can spring Ya Ya further up the pitch alongside Nasri and Silva, with a lone striker - think Sergio (Oct-Dec version) or Bony if Aguero continues to play like his boots are full of lead.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 pm

based on his geriatric performance in the final, yaya may need 2 months to recuperate. looked like he was playing a fucking testimonial!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Yaya is always like that in difficult conditions. I'll never forget when Mancini played him for about his 8000th game in a row, in arctic conditions in the Ukraine. He almost came to a standstill.

That team is shite as well. Usually at City, he has people around him to bring out his best bits. You wouldn't want Bony either if it was based purely on what he does in that Ivory Coast team. They are disfunctional.

Re Aguero; I recon we saw at the end of the Hull game, Aguero's touch coming back. Just needs the pace back next.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Have to say, the emotions at the penalty kicks was something else. Players of millions of euros on the ground, every single one played for glory, you don't get to see that in these days.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Re Aguero; I recon we saw at the end of the Hull game, Aguero's touch coming back. Just needs the pace back next.

That would have been the goal of the season had it gone in.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Yaya will retire from international football and then fuck off at the end if the season - mark 'em
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Why assume that it's all down to Yaya fucking off ? If/when he goes, it's likely City have been talking to the buyers, possibly for quite some time.

Maybe even since last season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Regardless of how/why he is gone the end result is the same - Acon comes along and takes one of our most important players at a crucial part of the season and the year he finally wins it and inevitably retires is inevitably the season he'll end up going - sods law mate
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

I like 433.

I've always liked and preferred 4-3-3 over any other formation.

I wish that we would play it all the time, irrespective of the opposition and it would also make sense if that's how our youth teams are possibly lining up.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Why assume that it's all down to Yaya fucking off ? If/when he goes, it's likely City have been talking to the buyers, possibly for quite some time.

And the answer when asked should be no.

Last season when we could have got some serious money for him it was a possibility, but his stock has dropped and now the player is worth more to us than his value on the market. We should however be grooming(no, just fucking no, it didn't always mean that) his replacement right now. That's another reason for a 4-3-3 to have the replacement play alongside him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:31 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why assume that it's all down to Yaya fucking off ? If/when he goes, it's likely City have been talking to the buyers, possibly for quite some time.

Last season when we could have got some serious money for him it was a possibility, but his stock has dropped and now the player is worth more to us than his value on the market. We should however be grooming(no, just fucking no, it didn't always mean that) his replacement right now. That's another reason for a 4-3-3 to have the replacement play alongside him.

If someone like Pogba came in (can't see it myself if Real Madrid are involved & probably too expensive) it would be ideal for him to play alongside Yaya plus A.N. other, however, I think City have been talking to buyers (I think they, & his agent, were doing so when 'cakegate' happened) & if someone has decided they are willing to pay a large amount of money for him, I think Txiki will sell him, unless prevented from doing so by the Count/Sheikh. (Especially if Pep is wanted for 2016).

I think most of the rumours we hear about players & managers are not just down to agents or players, they are also down to he club's brass talking to people. 90% of the deals never happen, nor are desirable, but they still talk. I have a feeling Yaya is negotiable, maybe it's even Juve who want him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

If someone like Pogba came in (can't see it myself if Real Madrid are involved & probably too expensive) it would be ideal for him to play alongside Yaya plus A.N. other, however, I think City have been talking to buyers (I think they, & his agent, were doing so when 'cakegate' happened) & if someone has decided they are willing to pay a large amount of money for him, I think Txiki will sell him, unless prevented from doing so by the Count/Sheikh. (Especially if Pep is wanted for 2016).

I think most of the rumours we hear about players & managers are not just down to agents or players, they are also down to he club's brass talking to people. 90% of the deals never happen, nor are desirable, but they still talk. I have a feeling Yaya is negotiable, maybe it's even Juve who want him.

If Pogba becomes available, I think we should break the bank for him, but at the cost of Yaya? We need help in the midfield badly, we have not yet replaced Nige or Barry and filling in with lesser players. If we get Pogba and Yaya, I can't imagine Pellegrini would play both without a holding midfielder and it's about fucking time TBH.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum