vinnie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: vinnie

Postby Avalon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

I do like the Lescott - Kompany partnership though. Sure, Lescott has his moments of "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!" but in general, I think he's doing a good enough job. Definitely not worth £24m though... dear lord.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Avalon wrote:I do like the Lescott - Kompany partnership though. Sure, Lescott has his moments of "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!" but in general, I think he's doing a good enough job. Definitely not worth £24m though... dear lord.

He has cost us 4 points in the last 2 league games...... that's a fact.

I want us to get someone else for that position in the summer.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sandman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Peaks and troughs... we have all the right players and manager to win the lot.

One of the finest defenders in the Prem over the last few years, he will be again.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bluej » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Lescott? How on earth have you worked that out?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby guv111 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Vinnie needs help. Absolutely no comparable back up, or support. Loads of great attacking players, but severely understaffed at the back.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:27 pm

bluej wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Lescott? How on earth have you worked that out?

3 points then.

Own goal against Liverpool and penalty for Chelsea when he thought it would be clever to put his hands above his head.

3 points we should have got from Liverpool and a point from Chelsea...4 points we should have got, instead we got 1, because of him.

I
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fesan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Not as good as last season, still the best CB in the prem IMO (Lescott close second atm).

Cannot name one other CB I'd swap him for, so we should count ourselves lucky we got him. Still like him to be as dominant as last season though, but we have less cover in midfield this season so not strange that we are leaking more goals.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Fesan wrote:Not as good as last season, still the best CB in the prem IMO (Lescott close second atm).

Cannot name one other CB I'd swap him for, so we should count ourselves lucky we got him. Still like him to be as dominant as last season though, but we have less cover in midfield this season so not strange that we are leaking more goals.

Lescott the second best CB in the prem ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby guv111 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Fesan wrote:Not as good as last season, still the best CB in the prem IMO (Lescott close second atm).

I think it's actually quite debatable, Carl. I'm struggling to think of serious quality elsewhere.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 pm

guv111 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think it's actually quite debatable, Carl. I'm struggling to think of serious quality elsewhere.

Phil Jones..that cunt Vidic.....Vermaelen.....Id them over Lescott any day.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
guv111 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Phil Jones..that cunt Vidic.....Vermaelen.....Id them over Lescott any day.

I'd agree with Vidic out of those 3.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby kennyboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Why does it seems there's only Carl who sees how shit JL is?
Does he get the support just because he's English?
Theres nothing he can do really well, the thing who annoys me the most
is when he gets the ball, he has no creativity what to do with it
5yards back or sideways to the same player. Kolo can at least
go forward and make some decent passes.
For me its a ridle he can play at this level, i guess its just because
he is surrounded with high class players. He's like our days Ali Dia.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby guv111 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm

kennyboy wrote:Why does it seems there's only Carl who sees how shit JL is?

Probably because he's not "shit". After a dodgy start he has strung together some very good performances. The problem is he's not great - we're expecting better than just "pretty good" these days.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:15 pm

guv111 wrote:
kennyboy wrote:Why does it seems there's only Carl who sees how shit JL is?

Probably because he's not "shit". After a dodgy start he has strung together some very good performances. The problem is he's not great - we're expecting better than just "pretty good" these days.

The thing is..mistakes that he made against Liverpool and Chelsea can cost us the title mate.....he is an above average CB for me and if we are to get to where we want to go then we need a world class CB.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 am

I think Lescott has been better than Vinny this season & was again v Chelsea & I think that although he was stupid to handle the ball, the mistakes that Vinny made were far worse & should have resulted in a red card. He was lucky.

If Lescott isn't good enough on present form, then neither is Kompany. Blaming him for every mistake & ignoring the mistakes of his partner makes no sense. Even in distribution, it was Kompany who kept hitting stupid long pases to their keeper. Lescott only did it when left with nowhere to go; Vinny chose to do it.

If they're both shit then fine, get rid of the pair of them, but if Vinny is quality then so is Lescott, because he's playing better than him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think Lescott has been better than Vinny this season & was again v Chelsea & I think that although he was stupid to handle the ball, the mistakes that Vinny made were far worse & should have resulted in a red card. He was lucky.

If Lescott isn't good enough on present form, then neither is Kompany. Blaming him for every mistake & ignoring the mistakes of his partner makes no sense. Even in distribution, it was Kompany who kept hitting stupid long pases to their keeper. Lescott only did it when left with nowhere to go; Vinny chose to do it.

If they're both shit then fine, get rid of the pair of them, but if Vinny is quality then so is Lescott, because he's playing better than him.

Vinny is going through a bad patch and will regain his arguably world-class form....Lescott is just an above average player who needs replacing in the first 11 by someone who is better than him and can actually bring something to the table attack wise.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Avalon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 am

You're blaming Lescott for both Liverpool and Chelsea matches? In both games we were down to 10 men and in both cases it wasn't lescott that wasn't send off.

Blaming Lescott for both matches is extremely harsh though. Yeah, Hart would have saved the own goal, had Lescott not touched it, but Lescott did what he is paid. Try to stop balls from getting past him. Lescott was unlucky. Maybe Hart didn't yell at Lescott to let it go. You can't, however, blame Lescott for trying to stop the ball. These things can happen to anybody.

As for the handball, I can't remember it clearly, but I didn't think his hands moved too the ball, but rather protected his chest.

Still, the loss of points cannot be blamed solely on Lescott. At the moment, I think he's better than Kompany. I said it before, Kompany should have received more red cards already, against Everton is an example.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think Lescott has been better than Vinny this season & was again v Chelsea & I think that although he was stupid to handle the ball, the mistakes that Vinny made were far worse & should have resulted in a red card. He was lucky.

Vinny is going through a bad patch and will regain his arguably world-class form....Lescott is just an above average player who needs replacing in the first 11 by someone who is better than him and can actually bring something to the table attack wise.

Lescott actually has a better track record as a CB in the Premier League than VC, by a long long way. And I recon he's one of the main reasons we've improved at set pieces as he either scores or causes problems to take defenders from those who do, that is a big help to our attacking ability. Vinny was useless when 1st tried at CB, then looked brilliant, now looks somewhere in between, but still miles ahead of the 'average' as is Lescott.

Imo, if there was a true world class CB out there, I'd sign him, but no way would he be a replacement for Lescott, he'd be a replacement for either of them to keep them fresh. If Lescott is barely above average, the average must be pretty good. Kolo Toure would walk into almost every PL team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby freshie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm

I'd like to see vermaelen at city
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

freshie wrote:I'd like to see vermaelen at city

Fantastic young CB......Id have him in an instant.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum