vinnie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: vinnie

Postby guv111 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 pm

shortagain wrote:I was laughing last week when the manure fans were calling for fergie's head after their CL exit. We lose our first game in the PL & the so called supporters are baying for blood. We were never going to go through the season unbeaten, it's just important that we get back on track on Sunday and go on another unbeaten run. Our loyal supporters demanding some of the players (who were gods a couple of weeks ago) are sold & replaced is a joke. Put it down to experience and move on!

Who did that, then?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby bobby brows » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

guv111 wrote:
shortagain wrote:I was laughing last week when the manure fans were calling for fergie's head after their CL exit. We lose our first game in the PL & the so called supporters are baying for blood. We were never going to go through the season unbeaten, it's just important that we get back on track on Sunday and go on another unbeaten run. Our loyal supporters demanding some of the players (who were gods a couple of weeks ago) are sold & replaced is a joke. Put it down to experience and move on!

Who did that, then?

I'm baying for blood...the blood of Martin Atkinson, Mark Clattenberg and Stuart Atwell
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 pm

The 2 long balls he played tonight were fuckin horrendous and he panicked like fuck on the Mata challenge...Lets hope its just a blip cuz we need him back to his best with all these tough games coming up.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:28 am

Interesting that for most of this season he's not had Nige in front of him.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 am

Our defenders struggle sometimes when quick players break through the midfield. We lack the option of pace in midfield to get back & cover the holes quickly imo. Yaya has it but refuses to use it unless going forward; he's Usain Bolt one way & Didi Hamann the other. Barry knows what he should do but isn't quick enough to always do it; same with Nige. We need someone who can put a sprint in when the shit hits the fan imo. A youngster who can learn from Barry & Nige perhaps.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Our defenders struggle sometimes when quick players break through the midfield. We lack the option of pace in midfield to get back & cover the holes quickly imo. Yaya has it but refuses to use it unless going forward; he's Usain Bolt one way & Didi Hamann the other. Barry knows what he should do but isn't quick enough to always do it; same with Nige. We need someone who can put a sprint in when the shit hits the fan imo. A youngster who can learn from Barry & Nige perhaps.

Gelson Fernandes?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 am

ronk wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Our defenders struggle sometimes when quick players break through the midfield. We lack the option of pace in midfield to get back & cover the holes quickly imo. Yaya has it but refuses to use it unless going forward; he's Usain Bolt one way & Didi Hamann the other. Barry knows what he should do but isn't quick enough to always do it; same with Nige. We need someone who can put a sprint in when the shit hits the fan imo. A youngster who can learn from Barry & Nige perhaps.

Gelson Fernandes?

The only holes he filled were the ones he dug to bury the balloon he was chasing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Interesting that for most of this season he's not had Nige in front of him.

Can not believe that it took 24 posts for someone to say it. This game was crying out for Nige, shocked he wasn't included. I really think he might be moving on in the summer, assuming our plan is to go all out for De Rossi. Don't really understand what he needs to do to get a start to be honest.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:25 am

BmoreBlue wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Interesting that for most of this season he's not had Nige in front of him.

Can not believe that it took 24 posts for someone to say it. This game was crying out for Nige, shocked he wasn't included. I really think he might be moving on in the summer, assuming our plan is to go all out for De Rossi. Don't really understand what he needs to do to get a start to be honest.

Hes also off the boil from last season when he has played.

I also think he is off in the summer.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:30 am

BmoreBlue wrote:

I think learning to pass would be a good start.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:pull your socks up. another poor game from our skipper...

come on, you can do so much better

Is that it ? he has been utter wank for a while now and needs to sit on the bench and be given a rollicking for his inept performances this year...he cannot pass more than 10 yards to a City player and seems to have no studs on his boots.

I blame Mancini today..never subbed Yaya or Milner even though it was obvious to a blind man they were utter wank.

IMO - he is shite at making subs.

Another player with Contract issues brewing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bluej » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 am

So who has asked for him to be sold? People have said we need genuine cover/competition for him and we've not said he's been shite based off this game, his form has been nowhere near the nigh standards he set last season.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

He's not been the same since Mars Attacks.

On a more serious note - i think he needs someone breathing down his neck for competition. Hes had some moments of class for me this season, but as we all know, its the moments of utter shite that truly stand out.

The wild, over-hit long balls he started playing in the pissing down rain were very strange, then after their goal it was panic stations.

We need someone to come in and sort our defensive composure out. Maldini? :)
City Are Back...
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Captains curse?

This ^ ... funny enough Tevez is our only capatain of late who's form wasn't affected by the armband ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Drogba did nothing but hold the ball up out wide, VK and Lescott looked at ease until they were on the ball, not the best when last night but great upto now. I thought the same in the Champs league both decent but not top draw as pair and found out in Naples a touch.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Im not sure its down to Vinnie at all really, i feel a major factor in our defensive problems is playing without the protection Dejong provides for the defence.I'm not saying we need Dejong back in that holding role but im sure it has made life that little bit more difficult for the defence without the cover he once provided.We have been playing some amazing football without him and i would not change our current approach whatsover as we have been a joy to watch but it does bug me that we have struggled in terms of clean sheets this season.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby guv111 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:

I get the distinct impression that anyone who isn't vital to the team, and who starts demanding steep increases in wages (while also, perhaps, hobnobbing with Kia Joorabchian) is being eased out. Basically, we are talking about getting rid of various Hughes' signings.
Lescott will probably be on his way soon.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:48 pm

guv111 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:

I get the distinct impression that anyone who isn't vital to the team, and who starts demanding steep increases in wages (while also, perhaps, hobnobbing with Kia Joorabchian) is being eased out. Basically, we are talking about getting rid of various Hughes' signings.

If he so much as puts a foot wrong against Arsenal Ill start a vile thread about him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby kennyboy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

guv111 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:

I blame Mark Hughes for buying 24mill Lescott, when he could got 3mill Samba.
For crying out load...
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby guv111 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If he so much as puts a foot wrong against Arsenal Ill start a vile thread about him.

Very unlike you, Carl! Especially when you're mild mannered to the point of being rather simpering at times.

kennyboy wrote:
I blame Mark Hughes for buying 24mill Lescott, when he could got 3mill Samba.
For crying out load...

i dread to think who Hughes would have paid £24 million on next, if he'd been given the chance. Brrr!
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum