*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:56 pm

ManciniLegend wrote:Hi all.

Been a supporter since the 70's and was a season ticket holder up until towards the end of the Stuart Pearce era when I became dissilusioned with the game in general to be honest.

That feeling didn't last long but I've not renewed my season ticket since and now only attend the home games that TV don't cover.

I watch all the EDS and MCWFC home games and am immensely proud of all the club has achieved in recent years, and how we have achieved it.

I've previously been a regular poster on other City sites but not for several years. On Talkin City I was Fleetwood Blue.

Love and adore the club and frankly enjoy it more now I don't attend every home game, especially as a non season ticket holder I can sit somewhere different each time and can avoid being stuck next to some moaning twat who acts like we are still in division 3.

Since our takeover of Melbourne Heart I have watched all Melbourne City's games on TV and have really enjoyed the additional interest. I plan to follow New York City in a similar fashion.

Also follow Glasgow Rnagers and get up their a handful of times a season and have also followed England for 40 years, attending may games home and away.

My other love is Rugby League and support Wigan Warriors.

Hello and all the best to you.

Welcome mate, obviously a long suffering but now happier blue, get stuck in and enjoy
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Lamps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Hiya Lads and lasses.

I'm in my mid 50's and have just joined. I support Chelsea but will act respectively while on your fine board.

Thanks for the add.
Lamps
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Chelsea
My favourite player is: Frank Lampard

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Lamps wrote:Hiya Lads and lasses.

I'm in my mid 50's and have just joined.

Welcome mate, we welcome all teams fans, but beware, we had a chelsea fan who was a complete nobhead recently so it might take time for people to warm to you. However, if you are grown up about stuff, you will get on well here.
Wonderwall

Postby Lamps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Welcome mate, we welcome all teams fans, but beware, we had a chelsea fan who was a complete nobhead recently so it might take time for people to warm to you. However, if you are grown up about stuff, you will get on well here.

Thanks for the welcome Wonderwall.

Shame you've had your board bothered by such an idiot.

I have actually joined the site to canvas Manchester City supporters for their views on our clash at the weekend for an article for our site. It is not the kind of site that slags the opposition off simply for the sake of it. Most on our site our long term fans who respect the opposition and their views.
Lamps

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Lamps wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Thanks for the welcome Wonderwall.

Shame you've had your board bothered by such an idiot.

I have actually joined the site to canvas Manchester City supporters for their views on our clash at the weekend for an article for our site. It is not the kind of site that slags the opposition off simply for the sake of it. Most on our site our long term fans who respect the opposition and their views.

If you have a specific set of questions, then put them up. We dont allow new members to create new topics until they have proven that they will not be a nuisance.
Wonderwall

Postby Lamps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Fair enough Wonderwall. It will probably be tomorrow that I put them up if that is altight.
Lamps

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Lamps wrote:Fair enough Wonderwall. It will probably be tomorrow that I put them up if that is altight.

NP at all, if you want to send them to me via PM and I can create a thread for you?
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm in my mid 50's and have just joined. I support Chelsea but will act respectively while on your fine board.

Thanks for the add.

Welcome Lamps.
I'm not on here long myself, but have made the point that it is good to get outside views that can stop us getting myopic in our view of things in general.
I don't think you have much to live up to compared to the last Chelsea supporter, Wonderwall has referred to.
Mind you if we do somehow get a result against your lot, I'm looking forward to him coming back on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby samhow503 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:29 am

Hi, I am currently doing a dissertation project which involves looking at Manchester City and specifically the success of the club since Sheikh Mansour's takeover. I think the best way to get this information would be to ask the fans because who knows the club better than the fans? If you could please carry out my survey it would be a massive help and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ManCit

Apologies for posting it on this thread, I would have created a topic but I don't think I am able due to being a new member.

Thanks again
Sam
samhow503
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Toure

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 am

samhow503 wrote:Hi, I am currently doing a dissertation project which involves looking at Manchester City and specifically the success of the club since Sheikh Mansour's takeover. I think the best way to get this information would be to ask the fans because who knows the club better than the fans? If you could please carry out my survey it would be a massive help and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Apologies for posting it on this thread, I would have created a topic but I don't think I am able due to being a new member.

Thanks again
Sam

Done. A bit short I think but good luck anyway
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:36 am

samhow503 wrote:Hi, I am currently doing a dissertation project which involves looking at Manchester City and specifically the success of the club since Sheikh Mansour's takeover. I think the best way to get this information would be to ask the fans because who knows the club better than the fans? If you could please carry out my survey it would be a massive help and it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Thanks again
Sam

I have completed your survey Sam, but your youth question and your stadium alteration questions need re-wording
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks again
Sam

Done.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks again
Sam

Done.

are you planning to compare these results to answers from 'neutrals'? especially the last two regarding foreign ownership?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for the add.

We like old 'uns from Chelsea here, Frank
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello All

Wayne here, been a blue for thirty years. Based in Birmingham for my sins so if any local blues who meet travel let me know. Former resident of Macclesfield who while I should have been at the Hacienda was at The Banshee and Rockworld back in the day. Look forward to getting involved although seems like us blues in funny place these days. Something going bit strange when stepdad who has been season ticket holder fifty years has said this is last year. Anyway thanks for the site, best City one on the net
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wilson Raine » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm

How do folks :)

Life long city fan and 43 yrs old. Did have a season ticket for main stand @ Main Rd :)
Claim to fame - had a pint with Nial Quinn at Irish club when he played for the blues :) Happy days

Take it easy folks
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:12 pm

30yeargloryhunter wrote:Hello All

Wayne here, been a blue for thirty years. Based in Birmingham for my sins so if any local blues who meet travel let me know. Former resident of Macclesfield who while I should have been at the Hacienda was at The Banshee and Rockworld back in the day. Look forward to getting involved although seems like us blues in funny place these days. Something going bit strange when stepdad who has been season ticket holder fifty years has said this is last year. Anyway thanks for the site, best City one on the net

Welcome, happy posting! Is your Stepdad that fed up with good football or the prices that keep going up?
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:How do folks :)

Life long city fan and 43 yrs old. Did have a season ticket for main stand @ Main Rd :)
Claim to fame - had a pint with Nial Quinn at Irish club when he played for the blues :) Happy days

Take it easy folks

Main stand Season Ticket eh. You're one of our posh fans :-)

happy posting
Wonderwall

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Hey Wonderwall

Not sure to be fair. He is sat in seats right behind where they do commentary on Sky in Colin Bell and atmosphere is dead! Weird one though as not sure ever had conversation with him that doesn't lead to City within five minutes and he is a die hard blue. Seems to have lost the buzz I guess with prices going up and for some our slow possession doesn't seem to do it for them. Think also sometimes perceived arrogance of some our players pisses them off more than some of dross had in the past.
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:32 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:How do folks :)

Take it easy folks

I will call you a rag until you spell our old ground right if you know it
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum