*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby bayblue » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi all. I'm Mark. First game in 71 and was season ticket holder on Kippax and at COMS. Now in exile but try to get to as many games as I can. Love City, love what we stand for, and love the way the owners have tried to keep true to our heritage, despite their mega billions. Optimistic. Eternally grateful to YaYa for Wembley and Serge for the title. Sad to see Mancini go but think it was sadly inevitable. Just hope Pelligrini is the man for us.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 am

bayblue wrote:Hi all. I'm Mark. First game in 71 and was season ticket holder on Kippax and at COMS. Now in exile but try to get to as many games as I can. Love City, love what we stand for, and love the way the owners have tried to keep true to our heritage, despite their mega billions. Optimistic. Eternally grateful to YaYa for Wembley and Serge for the title. Sad to see Mancini go but think it was sadly inevitable. Just hope Pelligrini is the man for us.

Welcome aboard, we just lost a crybaby who has apparently "quit MCFC" so there is room for you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:27 pm

bayblue wrote:Hi all. I'm Mark. First game in 71 and was season ticket holder on Kippax and at COMS. Now in exile but try to get to as many games as I can. Love City, love what we stand for, and love the way the owners have tried to keep true to our heritage, despite their mega billions. Optimistic. Eternally grateful to YaYa for Wembley and Serge for the title. Sad to see Mancini go but think it was sadly inevitable. Just hope Pelligrini is the man for us.

Just out of interest, do you remember who we played against in your first game?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby flinty123city » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Lads

Just joined the site. Have been a regular (founder) member of another Forum (MCFCFORUM) since it was founded in 2010. Decided it was time for a change. Thanks for letting me on board.

Been a City fan for 42 years (since I was seven) - look forward to taking part and reading all your views.
flinty123city
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 am

flinty123city wrote:Hi Lads

Just joined the site. Have been a regular (founder) member of another Forum (MCFCFORUM) since it was founded in 2010. Decided it was time for a change. Thanks for letting me on board.

Been a City fan for 42 years (since I was seven) - look forward to taking part and reading all your views.

welcome flinty123city, you're welcome here, what made you switch, just interested? I cant say I have used MCFCFORUM but it seems a steady place to post. I think you will enjoy it here, its a welcoming place, where you are freely allowed to express views as you will see as you read through. We are not hitler like in moderating but do try and keep the place a nice place to visit even though things can get heated.

Get stuck in and enjoy
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby flinty123city » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

welcome flinty123city, you're welcome here, what made you switch, just interested? I cant say I have used MCFCFORUM but it seems a steady place to post. I think you will enjoy it here, its a welcoming place, where you are freely allowed to express views as you will see as you read through. We are not hitler like in moderating but do try and keep the place a nice place to visit even though things can get heated.

Get stuck in and enjoy

Thanks for the welcome. MCFCFORUM is pretty good and I have enjoyed it from the start (I am the 3rd largest poster on there - in quantity, probably not quality). Like anything else after such a long time, things became a bit stagnant for me, and just thought I would leave the "clique" and try and enjoy the views of some different blues.
flinty123city
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:55 pm

flinty123city wrote: try and enjoy the views of some different blues.

there is certainly a lot of them here, thats for sure :-)
Wonderwall

Postby Burt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
flinty123city wrote: try and enjoy the views of some different blues.

there is certainly a lot of them here, thats for sure :-)

Huh! You tryin to say summat big boy?!

Welcome aboard Flinty fella. You'll find yer feet quick enough mucka:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:49 am

flinty123city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Get stuck in and enjoy

Thanks for the welcome. MCFCFORUM is pretty good and I have enjoyed it from the start (I am the 3rd largest poster on there - in quantity, probably not quality). Like anything else after such a long time, things became a bit stagnant for me, and just thought I would leave the "clique" and try and enjoy the views of some different blues.

Clique memberships on this board are closed for 2013, but will be open early next year.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Paul68 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:36 pm

dazby wrote:
flinty123city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Get stuck in and enjoy

Clique memberships on this board are closed for 2013, but will be open early next year.

Well actually they are not closed... but you'd only know that if you're in the right clique...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
dazby wrote:
flinty123city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Get stuck in and enjoy

Well actually they are not closed... but you'd only know that if you're in the right clique...

Wow, late November and you're still desperate for members? ;-)
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby bayblue » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:<null>

Yep, it was Palace at home right at the start of the season in mid week.
Family got v excited as Tommy Booth scored, who was seen as a local lad to us. Think Franny Lee got a couple and we won 4 nil but can't remember who got the other.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby tc6828 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Everyone. Don't really know where to start.

Born and raised in Moss side and became a blue at a young age (really just to go against the rest of the family who were Rag fans). Have lots of fond memories of the Kippax and walking round the stadium after the matches as we used to always find lots of coins that had fallen from peoples pockets when jumping around after a City Goal.

Used to be often late getting to the match as often did car minding duties 1st. We lived in Winsford Road, not far from Maine Road and used the old tactic "a shilling and we'll look after your car mister, make sure no one harms it etc". Those used to be the cars with the running boards in those days. So a quick slie on one or two of them before hot footing it to Maine Road with our ticket money we had just earnned.

The shops at Platt Lane, and particular the butchers used to always see City stars in there, Somerbee, Book etc and autographs were readily handed out, which we sought with vigour. Had a mate who's uncle was Colin Bell, so that was handy also.

Sadly, left Manchester aged 11 and moved to Fleetwood, so never really got to see them again, except when they occasionally got to Bloomfield Road.

Then took a career in the Royal Navy and nevr had a chance to go again, but always read and looed out for them. Remember pissing the ex wife off as she wanted to go shopping on cup final day against Spurs....when will they ever learn.

Anyway, am now 56 and living closer and have finally got to the Etihad a couple of weeks ago (1st time ever) to see us vs Swansea and my, what a team, stadium and global support we have.

Looking forward now to getting a season ticket and seeing as much as I can live.

Great site and love the banter
Tony
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby cityfan india » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi All,

Since a long time i have been following this forum on phone for city updates and finally decided to get myself registered. I'm from India where it is still widely believed that manchester has only one club ( the rags). Well i will not say that i have been a city fan since childhood as we are bought up watching cricket as the major ( like most of the kids in India). But from the day i have started following football, city is the only club i care about. Since manchester city does not have a big awareness in our country, i do my bit to spread the brand.Right from naming my pen drive in office as man city to having a city wallpaper in my workstation, things to make people ask " what's manchester city?". Just want to end by saving that i'm a big fan of this forum; whenever i'm on the move and not able to watch the match, i'm hooked on to the forum on my phone. Also i'm avid reader of Chinner's Bollox and Doug's Training report. My dream is to have a big base of manchester city fans in india...Hoping that i can contributr through my posts.
Cheers!!
cityfan india
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby cityfan india » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi All,

Since a long time i have been following this forum on phone for city updates and finally decided to get myself registered. I'm from India where it is still widely believed that manchester has only one club ( the rags). Well i will not say that i have been a city fan since childhood as we are bought up watching cricket as the major ( like most of the kids in India). But from the day i have started following football, city is the only club i care about. Since manchester city does not have a big awareness in our country, i do my bit to spread the brand.Right from naming my pen drive in office as man city to having a city wallpaper in my workstation, things to make people ask " what's manchester city?". Just want to end by saving that i'm a big fan of this forum; whenever i'm on the move and not able to watch the match, i'm hooked on to the forum on my phone. Also i'm avid reader of Chinner's Bollox and Doug's Training report. My dream is to have a big base of manchester city fans in india...Hoping that i can contributr through my posts.
Cheers!!
cityfan india
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:17 am

Nice one mate. Welcome.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:17 am

cityfan india wrote:Hi All,

Cheers!!

so good you said it twice, welcome to the forum officially, get stuck in and enjoy
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:35 am

Well done Mr India. Soon there will be only one club in Manchester as the RAGs are heading for oblivion.

Bring all your friends :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:Well done Mr India. Soon there will be only one club in Manchester as the RAGs are heading for oblivion.

Bring all your friends :-)

There is only one club in Manchester ffs !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:28 pm

cityfan india wrote:I'm from India where it is still widely believed that manchester has only one club ( the rags).

Welcome!

Out of interest, what proportion of 'typical' Indian football fans watch the Premier League? Is it seen by most as more or less important than the Champions' League? Also, how many Premier League clubs would the average 'typical fan' be able to name? Are football followers aware of the Venky's/Blackburn fiasco, and, if so, what do they think of it?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm genuinely interested; India is such a big country, but people never really think of it in footballing terms (at least not until Argentina played a friendly over there a couple of years ago).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum