***Official City v West Ham Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official City v West Ham Match Thread***

Postby walmai » Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 pm

In a way, I'm encouraged by that.

Obviously, its saddening, but a bit boring too, to concede two such poor goals, but this is Upson and Green after all. Sublime sometimes (Green), ridiculous mostly (Upson). But I was well pleased with the 0-0 second half.

And remind myself of our Jekyll and Hyde 'who knows' nature.

In that spirit, two predictions:

1. If you play precisely the same game at Wembley, against Stoke [who we beat twice and drew once again, but succumbed in a moody 6th round away game], you should just about beat them, but

2. Try those 90 minutes again in a CL match and you might come a touch unstuck against that kind of side.

You beat us fair and square in the first 20 minutes.

And gave us 45 minutes after that as if we were your equals.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby blues2win » Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Cheers mate. Most people here hope you make it over the next three games.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 01, 2011 5:59 pm

walmai wrote:In a way, I'm encouraged by that.

Obviously, its saddening, but a bit boring too, to concede two such poor goals, but this is Upson and Green after all. Sublime sometimes (Green), ridiculous mostly (Upson). But I was well pleased with the 0-0 second half.

And remind myself of our Jekyll and Hyde 'who knows' nature.

In that spirit, two predictions:

1. If you play precisely the same game at Wembley, against Stoke [who we beat twice and drew once again, but succumbed in a moody 6th round away game], you should just about beat them, but

2. Try those 90 minutes again in a CL match and you might come a touch unstuck against that kind of side.

You beat us fair and square in the first 20 minutes.

And gave us 45 minutes after that as if we were your equals.

Fair enough
Best of luck in your battle to stay up
But I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I heard Scott Parker wasn't available for you today.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby blues-clues » Sun May 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Edin has a terrbile 1st touch for a prof footballer.

Eh?

Well, I just disagree. Simple as that.

Oh i must have imagined that ball just bouncing off him on at least two occasions in the last 10 mins....my bad.

I saw him spread the ball well with one touch few times again and the way he took the ball with him when played through on the right was just brilliant.

His first time passes were fine. When the ball comes to him predictably, from distance and he has time. When the ball comes to him quickly from short range and is at his feet rather than in front of him, he has the touch of a wrecking ball. Three times I think it happened today and I have noticed it many time before. This is something they should work at on the training ground.

I am not convinced yet.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Just as an aside for anyone in level 3 seats.Is it mandatory for everyone there to have to leave their seats at least 3 or 4 times a game?
I know it wasnt everyone but I was amazed at how many people left their seats during play.I assume to go the loo but also plenty of times for food and drink and I am sure some were going every 15 or 20 minutes.Maybe it's not just level 3's but it was my first time up there and it just seemed very strange.

There was one guy though who didn't go anywhere in the first half because he basically slept through most of it.Glad I wasn't next to him when he was falling over sideways:)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just as an aside for anyone in level 3 seats.Is it mandatory for everyone there to have to leave their seats at least 3 or 4 times a game?
I know it wasnt everyone but I was amazed at how many people left their seats during play.I assume to go the loo but also plenty of times for food and drink and I am sure some were going every 15 or 20 minutes.Maybe it's not just level 3's but it was my first time up there and it just seemed very strange.

There was one guy though who didn't go anywhere in the first half because he basically slept through most of it.Glad I wasn't next to him when he was falling over sideways:)

I'm at the front of the CB and don't really see what goes on behind (unless they've pissed me off) but I do have a great view of everything including the SS who, more times than most, seem to empty at least 5 minutes before anywhere else.

There's a lot of day trippers in the 3rd tiers as well, which may account for what you saw. As for the bloke who was asleep, you weren't having one of those out of body experiences were you ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun May 01, 2011 8:22 pm

guv111 wrote:
roblues wrote:Enjoying the Sky coverage. They see this as the perfect opportunity to praise the West Ham response and criticise most of Mancini's signings.

Champions League football next season.

Sky can fuck off.

It's completely different here in Italy, mate! We will watch all Champions League games only on Sky TV!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just as an aside for anyone in level 3 seats.Is it mandatory for everyone there to have to leave their seats at least 3 or 4 times a game?

I'm at the front of the CB and don't really see what goes on behind (unless they've pissed me off) but I do have a great view of everything including the SS who, more times than most, seem to empty at least 5 minutes before anywhere else.

There's a lot of day trippers in the 3rd tiers as well, which may account for what you saw. As for the bloke who was asleep, you weren't having one of those out of body experiences were you ;-)

nah the guy was very funny though.He arrived a minute before the game started and was clearly plastered. Fell asleep quickly but woke when the first goal went in and turned round with all the cheering as if it were just for him. I think he probably saw the next goal and then fell asleep again with his head flopping around as it does.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:49 am

If we're going to do this, let's do it properly.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:45 am

I'm going for a 2-1 win
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous