What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:20 am

Yaya to sit on his arse for one more year and get 11m. What exactly is new about that?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:07 am

He will still get game time and with the fixture pile up in the spring may yet still play a significant role if he stays
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby kinkylola » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:12 pm

don't see him as a great fit in the system as it played out at sunderland.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm

kinkylola wrote:don't see him as a great fit in the system as it played out at sunderland.

We were at home against Sunderland and i couldn't see any form of system on saturday. We seemed just as wasteful as last season. However, patience is needed ( about three games ).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby kinkylola » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:don't see him as a great fit in the system as it played out at sunderland.

We were at home against Sunderland and i couldn't see any form of system on saturday. We seemed just as wasteful as last season. However, patience is needed ( about three games ).

Agree we were wasteful, although them packing their box for 90 minutes against possession tactics is always going to draw things out a bit. I'm really referencing how the midfield works. Would he take dinho's spot? I can't see that working ... Silva or KDB then?

You certainly could see how the fullbacks and midfield played and set up ... how different it was. That's a system. If you want to decry a drawn out win in Pep's first game, fair enough, but it's disingenuous to say there was no system.

However, patience is needed ( about three games ).

2 league games has got to be maximum
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:31 pm

kinkylola wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Agree we were wasteful, although them packing their box for 90 minutes against possession tactics is always going to draw things out a bit. I'm really referencing how the midfield works. Would he take dinho's spot? I can't see that working ... Silva or KDB then?

You certainly could see how the fullbacks and midfield played and set up ... how different it was. That's a system. If you want to decry a drawn out win in Pep's first game, fair enough, but it's disingenuous to say there was no system.

I think it's safe to say that Pep has been concentrating on our build up play from the back. I didn't see many new ideas in the final third, but I'm sure that will come eventually. You can't change everything at once, so you start with the most dire need. And with the quality we have up front we should be able to cope meanwhile.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:39 pm

kinkylola wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The tactic of "Them packing their box " is not new.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby kinkylola » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The tactic of "Them packing their box " is not new.

not to be pedantic, but that doesn't mean we don't have a system or that yaya doesn't fit into it.

If the only change is that we can grind out an ugly win against a packed box, we'll win the league ... I'm happy enough at that.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Now what?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:41 pm

Fuck sake forgot we got left with this lazy lump!

Someone mentioned a Pat V type role. Problem is that Paddy still had a lot of desire even when he was close to retiring. Same can't be said for Yaya.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:45 pm

Mase wrote:Fuck sake forgot we got left with this lazy lump!

Someone mentioned a Pat V type role. Problem is that Paddy still had a lot of desire even when he was close to retiring. Same can't be said for Yaya.

A Paddy V type role sounds good.
Send him to Australia to manage Melbourne.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Can guarantee this threat will be brought up a few times this season when Yaya scores or assists some incredible goals. Now he might not do much else, but not a bad type of player to have off the bench when plan A or B isn't working
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:23 pm

bigblue wrote:

Can guarantee this threat will be brought up a few times this season when Yaya scores or assists some incredible goals. Now he might not do much else, but not a bad type of player to have off the bench when plan A or B isn't working

But he hasn't been on a bench to come off it. So obviously not in Pep's plans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 pm

bigblue wrote:

Got a sneaky feeling we aren't going to be seeing much from Yaya this season
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Got a sneaky feeling we aren't going to be seeing much from Yaya this season

Hoping we see more of him than hear from him, ( or the despicable cunt of a man that calls himself Yaya's agent). I think he will have a bit part role to play this season but am hoping he delivers a little bit more
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:24 pm

Backup player when players are injured or need a rest now.

No one probably wanted to pay his wages, or only offered to pay enough that it wasn't worth selling (maybe they wanted us to pay 150-200k/week) except China where he apparently didn't want to go.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Can't see him making any impact, Pep will concentrate on PL and CL. Yaya might get a few cup games. But it's not all bad for him he will still stroll up and pick up a nice pay packet every week.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 pm

sheblue wrote:Can't see him making any impact, Pep will concentrate on PL and CL. Yaya might get a few cup games. But it's not all bad for him he will still stroll up and pick up a nice pay packet every week.

many times Yaya has been written off, and many times Yaya has responded with a wonder goal or two
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Love yaya and hope he steps up his game.

Hate his agent and hope he's eating some serious humble pie that after years of threatening a move when push came to shove nobody wanted them.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby BookJunior » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:41 pm

I lost trust in him after his birthday tantrum.

He still plays a part in our success story.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum