What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:52 am

Yaya was probably our best player against Kyiv but I think his dressing room influence is waning as for the first time I saw a teammate really arguing with him during Kyiv match Joe Hart really was disagreeing with him over something in the first half. If he wants to go let him as even the great player he has been for us I doubt he could fit into Pep's style of play.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 am

gillie wrote:Yaya was probably our best player against Kyiv but I think his dressing room influence is waning as for the first time I saw a teammate really arguing with him during Kyiv match Joe Hart really was disagreeing with him over something in the first half. If he wants to go let him as even the great player he has been for us I doubt he could fit into Pep's style of play.

The spats are childs play, nothing serious, same with Wengers losers. Pep has the fire to have them running for 90 mins plus ET, the smell of blood last night from top players was what we lack.

Pellers is as soft as shit when we face a night like at Clanfield we fall apart, when all you need is to stay compact and take over when the scouse cunts blow up. That is a direct result of laid back Lenny and the onthebeach fc mentality we have had all season, which just might screw up Peps plans for a season. Lets be honest why should Pellers give a toss for next season, he has his CC.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:20 am

gillie wrote:Yaya was probably our best player against Kyiv but I think his dressing room influence is waning as for the first time I saw a teammate really arguing with him during Kyiv match Joe Hart really was disagreeing with him over something in the first half. If he wants to go let him as even the great player he has been for us I doubt he could fit into Pep's style of play.

Think he was telling joe of for trying to kick the ball out when an oppo player is directly in front of him. Joe has tried that a few times now and will eventually get punished for it. Unnecessary.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Think he was telling joe of for trying to kick the ball out when an oppo player is directly in front of him. Joe has tried that a few times now and will eventually get punished for it. Unnecessary.

He was and it was great to see him calling him to task for it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He was and it was great to see him calling him to task for it.

He should have listened to YAYA and kept his mouth shut......you don't answer back to the captain.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Yaya's goal against Aston Villa was the nearest I've ever had to a football orgasm. It doesn't beat the Dickov or Aguero moment but it sits very comfortably in third.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:37 pm

dazby wrote:Yaya's goal against Aston Villa was the nearest I've ever had to a football orgasm. It doesn't beat the Dickov or Aguero moment but it sits very comfortably in third.

Really? What about the Nasri and Yaya goals in that League Cup final?. Among many others, especially during the 6-1.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:42 pm

dazby wrote:Yaya's goal against Aston Villa was the nearest I've ever had to a football orgasm. It doesn't beat the Dickov or Aguero moment but it sits very comfortably in third.

Are you talking about this over vs Villa:

Watch on youtube.com

or this one:

Watch on youtube.com

Because the one I'm still in awe of, is the casual 35 yard rocket vs sunderland to draw us level in the cup final:

Watch on youtube.com

And for good measure, here's 45 minutes showing why Yaya is a City legend:

Video timeline:

Up to 17:23 : Various Highlights (Goals, Skills, dribbles & passes)
17:23 to 24:35 : Runs, dribbles and skills
24:35 to 29:50 : Goals & Shooting
29:50 onwards : Passing, control of play and vision

Watch on youtube.com

Last edited by bigblue on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Really? What about the Nasri and Yaya goals in that League Cup final?. Among many others, especially during the 6-1.

Was it the last goal in the sick swan.
Dzeko one on one after a sublime first time pass from Merlin.
I remember thinking it couldn't get any better than this.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:52 pm

After watching only 10 minutes of the highlight video above, I'm once again completely dumbfounded by the hate Yaya gets. The amount of crucial and amazing plays that he has produced for us over the last 5 years is insane. The most important player in our team since the Sheikh took over.

If he was English, the wankfest would never end. Fuck what his agent says. He should be getting 10x the respect from what he produces on the field. On another level than 99.9% of all professional players.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:23 pm

bigblue wrote:After watching only 10 minutes of the highlight video above, I'm once again completely dumbfounded by the hate Yaya gets. The amount of crucial and amazing plays that he has produced for us over the last 5 years is insane. The most important player in our team since the Sheikh took over.

If he was English, the wankfest would never end. Fuck what his agent says. He should be getting 10x the respect from what he produces on the field. On another level than 99.9% of all professional players.

Whilst i cannot answer for everyone, i would suggest that for most of us it isn't hate but anger born out of frustration, knowing that when he can be arsed, he still has it in abundance.

Can you honestly say that you have been pleased with everyone of his performances over the last year or so?

For the record i couldn't give a flying fuck about his Russian/Ukrainian bum chum he has for an agent, that shit is for retards who bother to read the papers & believe what they read as gospel.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:39 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Whilst i cannot answer for everyone, i would suggest that for most of us it isn't hate but anger born out of frustration, knowing that when he can be arsed, he still has it in abundance.

Can you honestly say that you have been pleased with everyone of his performances over the last year or so?

For the record i couldn't give a flying fuck about his Russian/Ukrainian bum chum he has for an agent, that shit is for retards who bother to read the papers & believe what they read as gospel.

Of course I haven't been pleased with all of his performances over the last year of so.

On the other hand, there isn't another City player who I've been pleased with all of their performances over the last year of so. every player in our team has hit slumps, many of them around the same time.

But almost no other player has contributed as much to City and consistently puts in a massive, game changing performance when a trophy is on the line. So because of what he's contributed (and continues to contribute), I think it's more than fair that Yaya is treated with respect even if he has a bad performance(s).

After all, if fan don't respect one of the best players to ever put on a City shirt (leading us to 6 trophies over 6 years), what does that say about us as a whole?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

freshie wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10207789/yaya-toure-will-leave-manchester-city-this-summer-unless-new-contract-is-agreed-agent

And his dickhead agent pipes up again. Brilliant timing at such a crucial stage of the season

Sky also left out a bit of what his agent said (surprise, surprise). Here's most of the missing quotes:

"In the next week we must find a solution about whether Yaya will prolong his contract with City or he will go to another club."

"He does not want to play against City with another English club. How can he forget the love City fans have showed him?"

"They hired a plane with a banner to say ‘Happy Birthday, Yaya.’ He will never forget that."

"We rejected a huge offer from a Chinese club, the same that bought Ramires, for much more money than Ramires."

"He wants to finish at the highest level. The offer from China was more than double what he earns at City."

"Yaya prefers to stay at City. He likes the fans and town. His heart is in Manchester where his brother Ibrahim died in a hospital."

"Yaya said if he signs a new contract he will give £1m from his salary every year to the hospital where his brother was treated."

The missing quotes (bold) paint a much more positive picture about the big man and his feelings towards City.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Yaya = trophy magnet.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Come one, big man, one last run, let's show them what you are made of.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 pm

bigblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Whilst i cannot answer for everyone, i would suggest that for most of us it isn't hate but anger born out of frustration, knowing that when he can be arsed, he still has it in abundance.

Of course I haven't been pleased with all of his performances over the last year of so.

On the other hand, there isn't another City player who I've been pleased with all of their performances over the last year of so. every player in our team has hit slumps, many of them around the same time.

But almost no other player has contributed as much to City and consistently puts in a massive, game changing performance when a trophy is on the line. So because of what he's contributed (and continues to contribute), I think it's more than fair that Yaya is treated with respect even if he has a bad performance(s).

After all, if fan don't respect one of the best players to ever put on a City shirt (leading us to 6 trophies over 6 years), what does that say about us as a whole?

Fucking bob on.
The way he has been spoken about by City fans ( more so on this board than anywhere else) is scandalous. He deserves our love, thanks and respect. But worst of all, is people wanting him out when he is quite clearly one of our most important players. And even worse the players being suggested to be preferred to him, simply aren't fit to lace his boots.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 pm

bigblue wrote:

Fucking bob on.
The way he has been spoken about by City fans ( more so on this board than anywhere else) is scandalous. He deserves our love, thanks and respect. But worst of all, is people wanting home out when he is quite clearly one of our most important players. And even worse the players being suggested to be preferred to him, simply aren't fit to lace his boots.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Injured and pulled out of the internationals
Heel injury
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 am

Looks like his agent is stirring things up again, basically saying we're disrespecting Yaya by not offering an improved 3 year contract and he is now talking to other clubs.

Time to move on if he's got that attitude.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like his agent is stirring things up again, basically saying we're disrespecting Yaya by not offering an improved 3 year contract and he is now talking to other clubs.

Time to move on if he's got that attitude.

As soon as pep was announced, this type of shit was nailed on.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum