What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:29 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Latest Rumour Bookies got YaYa@ 5-1 to join Red Scouse 20-1 The Arse. If he goes I hope it's abroad TBH I wouldn't like to start hating him after all he has done

Is the rumor just to join his brother @ the dippers or "reunite" at arse where he had a trial decades ago? I call bullshit on both. At least I truly, truly hope they're both bs
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm

bigblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Latest Rumour Bookies got YaYa@ 5-1 to join Red Scouse 20-1 The Arse. If he goes I hope it's abroad TBH I wouldn't like to start hating him after all he has done

Is the rumor just to join his brother @ the dippers or "reunite" at arse where he had a trial decades ago? I call bullshit on both. At least I truly, truly hope they're both bs

Yaya in a Klopp team? Can't see it myself.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:33 pm

If he doesn't end up at PSG he will land in China. His agent will make sure he chases the money.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Yaya in a Klopp team? Can't see it myself.

Was thinking the same.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

bigblue wrote:

So. Do do I mate ..My hatred of dippers over the last couple of years has gone upa1000%
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Regardless of the rumours, I've really been thinking that despite many of our fans love for Silva or Aguero over Yaya that our decline the past two seasons can be directly linked to the decline of him as he was when at his best.

This has led me to consider that he has been our most important player of the era, as you can see how inept we seem to be without him, or him operating as he is capable of. He is the ignition key to our attacking engine that no matter how amazing Silva is with the ball, or with his movement, does not seem to quite hold the same weight on the pitch.

Sergio, as essential as he has been to scoring goals for us in key games -- although so has Yaya -- does not have the same impact if we can't get him the ball in areas he can be successful. Silva is capable of this, but we can't even seem to get him going when players collapse on him in threes, especially due to his lack of strength. Yaya, on the other hand, has immense strength, so when combined with incredible ball control, touch and vision makes him so difficult to get the ball from, yet still be able to create something out of nothing. His cross-like passes to switch play to the other side with their curve and precision are also unique.

He has deserved criticism for not seeming to be "in the mood," as well as his public statements that have irked our fans. However, I think for all of the criticism that he has received these past two seasons, it is clear to me that we increasingly seem like a lost ship in attack when he isn't there, or able to do things with consistency -- like those blistering runs we got glimpses of last night -- as he declines.

I thought he was MOTM yesterday against Kiev, especially in the first half when the rest of the team seemed heavily bothered by Vinny's injury. He has actually had some key goals and performances for us this season despite being so inconsistent and frustrating.

We will miss him, and we need to find a suitable replacement this summer of we are in trouble.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Great great player for us , also a big game player and true legend .
Time and age has caught up with him sadly so he needs to fuck off this summer . We have become too slow and predictable and it is holding us back bigtime ..........

Thanks for the memories Yaya , nice retirement and pay cheque in China just the ticket for you fella !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm

City64 wrote:Great great player for us , also a big game player and true legend .
Time and age has caught up with him sadly so he needs to fuck off this summer . We have become too slow and predictable and it is holding us back bigtime ..........

Thanks for the memories Yaya , nice retirement and pay cheque in China just the ticket for you fella !

Seeing as Yaya is completely no-nonsense about racism, I can't see him going to China.

And since you call him a true legend, maybe you should rephrase your second sentence:

Time and age has caught up with him sadly so he needs to fuck off find a new challenge this summer.

And it's quite obvious this season that he hasn't been holding us back, since our attack is pretty much non-existent without him. Before blaming Yaya I'd look to the manager, injuries, and just about every player besides Fernandinho this year. Yaya showed more desire last game vs Kiev than some players have shown all year
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Great great player for us , also a big game player and true legend .

Seeing as Yaya is completely no-nonsense about racism, I can't see him going to China.

And since you call him a true legend, maybe you should rephrase your second sentence:

Time and age has caught up with him sadly so he needs to fuck off find a new challenge this summer.

And it's quite obvious this season that he hasn't been holding us back, since our attack is pretty much non-existent without him. Before blaming Yaya I'd look to the manager, injuries, and just about every player besides Fernandinho this year. Yaya showed more desire last game vs Kiev than some players have shown all year

So you are saying Yaya has been our best player this season and Aguero has been shite ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

City64 wrote:So you are saying Yaya has been our best player this season and Aguero has been shite ?

I'm saying Aguero has scored crucial goals, but Yaya offers much more to our overall play when he's in the team. It's been hard for Aguero to make his usual impact without Yaya because our playmaking dries up without the big man. He can't score if he never gets the ball in good areas.

And be honest, Sergio has been a bit off this season (like the rest of the team including Yaya) and has missed quite a few sitters. Aguero's also been injured a good part of the season, so by default he's not contributed as much this year as Yaya or Fernandinho.

Yaya has been slow as molasses in defense, but maybe we're asking too much of him nowadays. With how out of form Silva's been, I'd push Yaya up into his role and play Sterling/Navas at the moment. Then Yaya doesn't have to track back as much, we get his power and playmaking going forward, and we have more width and speed.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:So you are saying Yaya has been our best player this season and Aguero has been shite ?

I'm saying Aguero has scored crucial goals, but Yaya offers much more to our overall play when he's in the team. It's been hard for Aguero to make his usual impact without Yaya because our playmaking dries up without the big man. He can't score if he never gets the ball in good areas.

And be honest, Sergio has been a bit off this season (like the rest of the team including Yaya) and has missed quite a few sitters. Aguero's also been injured a good part of the season, so by default he's not contributed as much this year as Yaya or Fernandinho.

Yaya has been slow as molasses in defense, but maybe we're asking too much of him nowadays. With how out of form Silva's been, I'd push Yaya up into his role and play Sterling/Navas at the moment. Then Yaya doesn't have to track back as much, we get his power and playmaking going forward, and we have more width and speed.

Fare point pal . Without Aguero,s goals this season where would we be now ? Yaya isn't the player he was but he still has class even if his legs have gone . Sadly competitive teams in the premier league need legs eg Leicester , Spuds , West Ham etc .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Yaya was our best player again last night by a country mile.
Many of you on here want him gone when he is still one of, if not our most influential player. It beggars belief. You realise it when he is missing.
I desperately hope he moves abroad rather than haunts us week in and week out by driving on one of our rivals.
Yaya has NOT been the main problem this season.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby freshie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Yaya was our best player again last night by a country mile.
Many of you on here want him gone when he is still one of, if not our most influential player. It beggars belief. You realise it when he is missing.
I desperately hope he moves abroad rather than haunts us week in and week out by driving on one of our rivals.

The problem with him this season is that performances like last night have been few and far between. Last night he was MOTM and I have to admit his form has picked up over the last month or so, but the reality is that for most of this season he hasn't been performing at the levels we are accustomed to seeing. Last night was like watching the Yaya of old; the way he held off midfielders constantly trying to hack him down and running through them as if they weren't there was a sight to behold. His passing, as it usually is, was faultless and he tracked back well and was the main fulcrum of our attack. Unfortunately I don't think he can perform with that intensity every game - he still has a future with us, however, his game time needs to be managed as he is getting too old to be playing 90 mins of every game
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:11 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... reed-agent

And his dickhead agent pipes up again. Brilliant timing at such a crucial stage of the season
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:21 am

freshie wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10207789/yaya-toure-will-leave-manchester-city-this-summer-unless-new-contract-is-agreed-agent

And his dickhead agent pipes up again. Brilliant timing at such a crucial stage of the season

it takes two to tango...

anyway... his wages and the fact that we'd command a fee for him means that there is zero chance of him ever playing for another english club. the mls beckons... him and balo at nycfc would put some bums on seats over there
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:54 am

freshie wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10207789/yaya-toure-will-leave-manchester-city-this-summer-unless-new-contract-is-agreed-agent

love the media. earlier in the week Yaya was supposedly interested in staying in England because his family is settled and he likes the league. now, today, his agent says if he leaves City it won't be for an English club. love it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 am

freshie wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Yaya was our best player again last night by a country mile.

The problem with him this season is that performances like last night have been few and far between. Last night he was MOTM and I have to admit his form has picked up over the last month or so, but the reality is that for most of this season he hasn't been performing at the levels we are accustomed to seeing. Last night was like watching the Yaya of old; the way he held off midfielders constantly trying to hack him down and running through them as if they weren't there was a sight to behold. His passing, as it usually is, was faultless and he tracked back well and was the main fulcrum of our attack. Unfortunately I don't think he can perform with that intensity every game - he still has a future with us, however, his game time needs to be managed as he is getting too old to be playing 90 mins of every game

A big part of his performance is probably form him being rested at the weekend to be honest (even if he wasn't 100%). Even though we've had a bunch of injuries this year, we have a big squad compared to most PL teams, especially if you include our youngsters.

I think Pellers insistence to always play our best players games after game has played a large role in us looking so lackluster most games. For example, Aguero played 3 games in 9 days coming back from an injury, just to pickup another niggle.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:40 am

No one listens to him anymore. And Yaya's bargaining chips are all spent.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:20 am

john@staustell wrote:

So when we do sell him in the summer he's just lost any payment from us as his agent has said he'll leave.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:49 am

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

So when we do sell him in the summer he's just lost any payment from us as his agent has said he'll leave.

Yaya can win us the Derby.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum