What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:
bayblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Paddy Vieira: “ I have never seen a player who has everything like Yaya. He has the pure power of Thierry Henry. “Physically, he is built a bit like me – but with more strength. And he can score goals like Paul Scholes used to at his peak. “Yaya is the complete footballer – and he will get even better in the next few years as he realises just how good he is, and his ­importance to the team.”

Great to see a quote and a post that focuses on what he can do, rather than what he cannot.....
YaYa is a marvel.

Indeed he is.

However, I don't see why some folk can't grasp that this is a discussion on a player's strengths and weaknesses.
The thread title is a dead give away...

Some seem to think it is a tribute thread and he should only be praised. They are wrong, not the ones who are giving balanced views.

Sorry OD, I have to disagree with you re the thread title, I appreciate that was written a few years back but it suggests that he does nothing. A thread entitled 'Yaya' on the other hand would suggest a discussion on the player as a whole ie strengths and weaknesses.

I don't wNt to get into Rag_hater territory here as it's obvious he gets a kick out of antagonising people but some of the posts in this thread are ludicrous in my opinion. It seems to me that when Yaya doesn't perform heroics for the team he is over criticised. For example, to suggest he only plays for 20 minutes a game is absurd imo, he mightn't be making penetrating runs our picking open a defence with a long pass or sticking it in the onion bag from 30 yards out but he is almost always available to begin our attacks from deep, he has the vision and awareness to switch the play, stroking the ball 40 yards from one side to the other with ease, his presence alone makes space for others as the opposition try to keep him under wraps. I think a lot of these things are taken for granted because he has the tendency on the odd occasion to switch off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
bayblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Paddy Vieira: “ I have never seen a player who has everything like Yaya. He has the pure power of Thierry Henry. “Physically, he is built a bit like me – but with more strength. And he can score goals like Paul Scholes used to at his peak. “Yaya is the complete footballer – and he will get even better in the next few years as he realises just how good he is, and his ­importance to the team.”

Great to see a quote and a post that focuses on what he can do, rather than what he cannot.....
YaYa is a marvel.

Indeed he is.

However, I don't see why some folk can't grasp that this is a discussion on a player's strengths and weaknesses.

Some seem to think it is a tribute thread and he should only be praised. They are wrong, not the ones who are giving balanced views.

Sorry OD, I have to disagree with you re the thread title, I appreciate that was written a few years back but it suggests that he does nothing. A thread entitled 'Yaya' on the other hand would suggest a discussion on the player as a whole ie strengths and weaknesses.

I don't wNt to get into Rag_hater territory here as it's obvious he gets a kick out of antagonising people but some of the posts in this thread are ludicrous in my opinion. It seems to me that when Yaya doesn't perform heroics for the team he is over criticised. For example, to suggest he only plays for 20 minutes a game is absurd imo, he mightn't be making penetrating runs our picking open a defence with a long pass or sticking it in the onion bag from 30 yards out but he is almost always available to begin our attacks from deep, he has the vision and awareness to switch the play, stroking the ball 40 yards from one side to the other with ease, his presence alone makes space for others as the opposition try to keep him under wraps. I think a lot of these things are taken for granted because he has the tendency on the odd occasion to switch off.

I'm not one of these who say he plays for 20 mins, because that's just as bad as saying he completely dominates games.

Neither is completely true. He dominates periods of games and has the capability to dominate most games. However, some games he just doesn't look up for it. He ambles about and lets the game pass him by.

I love him and I'm pretty sure everyone who raised issues with the downside of his game does too.

The point I was making is that, like most players on the planet, there is a downside to his game and I don't understand why some people are ridiculed when they try to discuss it?

Obviously, when KK started the thread, Yaya had not yet found his niche and that has since changed. The relevance of the thread hasn't, however, because he can still be an enigma to a lot of us.

Again, he is one of the players of the year because of his contribution to our attack, along with his spectacular goal scoring exploits.

I think he could have been player of the year at least two out of the last three if his focus and commitment was at full tilt.
I think the difference between him being one of the best and THE best all lies within himself.

And I'm pretty sure that is what frustrates some on here. Not that he isn't good enough, but that he can be unstoppable....
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
bayblue wrote:

YaYa is a marvel.

Indeed he is.

Antagonising people is the bit you have wrong there pal.It is that OD nob that follows me around and accuses me of fishing when I am simply making a comment on a topic.
And this unlike what the nob says is to slag our player of.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 pm

The "comment" you normally make involves calling real city fans "nobs" or "experts". You try to antagonise at every given opportunity raggy.

If you just made a comment, no one would pay attention, because you don't understand football.
So you prod and poke in the hope that you get noticed.

You are also a slow person and it can be difficult to deal with slow people if one hasn't had the relevant training, so from that end, it is partially my fault.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:The "comment" you normally make involves calling real city fans "nobs" or "experts". You try to antagonise at every given opportunity raggy.

If you just made a comment, no one would pay attention, because you don't understand football.
So you prod and poke in the hope that you get noticed.

You are also a slow person and it can be difficult to deal with slow people if one hasn't had the relevant training, so from that end, it is partially my fault.

So true
Rag_hater

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Those who aren't big fans if Yaya, ask yourself if he was lining up for the opposition, would you be pleased or thinking 'oh fuck'.

For me he is one of the best midfielders in Prem. So glad we have him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:Those who aren't big fans if Yaya, ask yourself if he was lining up for the opposition, would you be pleased or thinking 'oh fuck'. For me he is one of the best midfielders in Prem. So glad we have him

Well said. Spot on.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:19 am

Best midfielder in the league and one of the best in the world. Everything we do goes through him and when you look at how consistent he's been just look at where we've been since he arrived.

He plays every game you know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
bayblue wrote:

YaYa is a marvel.

Indeed he is.

Antagonising people is the bit you have wrong there pal.It is that OD nob that follows me around and accuses me of fishing when I am simply making a comment on a topic.
And this unlike what the nob says is to slag our player of.

Sorry mate but when I see threads with opening posts like this

"And to think,some nobs would swap him for Valdes"

I can only deduce that your aim is to antagonise.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
twosips wrote:This bickering is incredibly tedious to read. Let it go all...

What would make it excting?

You not waking up again.

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry mate but when I see threads with opening posts like this

"And to think,some nobs would swap him for Valdes"

I can only deduce that your aim is to antagonise.

Well,your deductions are wrong
Rag_hater

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Rag_hater

Postby phips » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:55 pm

big game hunter
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby me_innit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Puts in another brilliant performance and the thread goes quiet on a Manchester City forum, fucking weird or what?! I agree with what an earlier poster said that if he doesn't perform heroics for the team then he gets over criticised like there aren't 11 players on the pitch or it isn't a team game!
me_innit
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Obviously
My favourite player is: Silva and Balotelli

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 pm

me_innit wrote:Puts in another brilliant performance and the thread goes quiet on a Manchester City forum, fucking weird or what?! I agree with what an earlier poster said that if he doesn't perform heroics for the team then he gets over criticised like there aren't 11 players on the pitch or it isn't a team game!

Says the man with 52 posts to his name. Lol.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Unbelievable again yesterday! THE BEST player i've ever seen wear the shirt. A monster of an athlete.
This thread's title makes me chuckle every time I see it! 23 goals in 46 games this year from center mid. Incredible.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Unbelievable again yesterday! THE BEST player i've ever seen wear the shirt. A monster of an athlete.
This thread's title makes me chuckle every time I see it! 23 goals in 46 games this year from center mid. Incredible.

He still could have passed to edin who was in a better position . Greedy bugger.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dronny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:48 pm

I was three rows back on Sunday when he scored and he slid towards us, I honestly thought he was going to end up in row 5 or 6!!

He really is an awesome specimen of a man.........sounds a little gay, oh well!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Well i've been watching this half arsed tub of lard at City for ages now.
I was even watching the lump of Lurpak at Barca.

I haven't got a clue after all this time what he does.However at weekends when his weekly job is finished and he puts on that City shirt. Well, he's just magic. That goal on sunday was better than Stevie G's slip.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

I dont know when this thread actually started but i'm still gobsmacked that it was started.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum