What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Tony P » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:17 pm

I've heard it's Puma.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm

twosips wrote:This bickering is incredibly tedious to read. Let it go all...

What would make it excting?
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

You not waking up again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Don't give a fuck, eh. Shame I can't wind back the clock three years and show you what it was like here in this country at that time, you utter fucking cock. If I ever meet you, and pray to whatever fucking deity you call your own that I fucking don't, I will ram this fucking quote along with my fist so far down your pathetic little throat they will both will come out the soles of your fucking feet.

You have no fucking idea whatsoever.

I'd pay good money to see someone ram a quote down sometimes throat.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

You not waking up again.

Rag_hater

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 pm

To get this discussion back on track. I think KK has a point. There's no doubting that when on form Yaya is unstoppable and one of the best in the world. However, how often does Yaya dominate a game from start to finish? I remember him doing it against the Rags at home in the title winning season but a lot of the time he'll suddenly wake up and play a blistering twenty minutes.

I suppose what makes Silva so good is that no matter what, he always seems to be involved, he always wants the ball from the first minute to the last and always looks interested and up for it. An example Yaya should follow imo.

Still a wonderful player who we're lucky to have though.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:02 pm

stand by post from 2011
nothing more frustrating than yayaitis infecting the rest of the team when he has an off day
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Funny how he was African Footballer of the Year 2013 the year he was supposed to be so lazy.
Rag_hater

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Funny how he was African Footballer of the Year 2013 the year he was supposed to be so lazy.

he'd be world player of the year and this thread wouldn't exist if he gave 100% in every game

case closed your honour
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote: he'd be world player of the year and this thread wouldn't exist if he gave 100% in every game case closed your honour

Nobody does. It's not what footballers do.

One of the things they showed us last week on the b license was the distance covered by teams at the 2010 World Cup. Some fun stats. The 4 teams covering the longest distance per match (including Australia) never made it out the group.

All 4 covered more space, higher low games than the tops 4's high games as well.

Running 100% all match isn't what world class players do guys. The comment earlier re silva is a funny one too. Silva is amazing, but even he can't dominate a game like yaya.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote: he'd be world player of the year and this thread wouldn't exist if he gave 100% in every game case closed your honour

Nobody does. It's not what footballers do.

One of the things they showed us last week on the b license was the distance covered by teams at the 2010 World Cup. Some fun stats. The 4 teams covering the longest distance per match (including Australia) never made it out the group.

All 4 covered more space, higher low games than the tops 4's high games as well.

Running 100% all match isn't what world class players do guys. The comment earlier re silva is a funny one too. Silva is amazing, but even he can't dominate a game like yaya.

If anything Silva can dominate a game like few others in world football can and he can do it for ninety minutes.
I don't see why that's funny. Notice when we play well EVERYTHING goes through Silva. Look at his performance against Hull for example.
How often do you see Yaya dominate the majority of a game?
The point I was making is that Yaya's biggest flaw is his laziness and you can't dispute that, he's incredible when he can be bothered. Look at Silva though. He has flaws, but he always, always wants the ball. Something you don't always feel with Yaya.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:If anything Silva can dominate a game like few others in world football can and he can do it for ninety minutes.
I don't see why that's funny. Notice when we play well EVERYTHING goes through Silva. Look at his performance against Hull for example.
How often do you see Yaya dominate the majority of a game?
The point I was making is that Yaya's biggest flaw is his laziness and you can't dispute that, he's incredible when he can be bothered. Look at Silva though. He has flaws, but he always, always wants the ball. Something you don't always feel with Yaya.

On the money
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote: If anything Silva can dominate a game like few others in world football can and he can do it for ninety minutes. I don't see why that's funny. Notice when we play well EVERYTHING goes through Silva. Look at his performance against Hull for example. How often do you see Yaya dominate the majority of a game? The point I was making is that Yaya's biggest flaw is his laziness and you can't dispute that, he's incredible when he can be bothered. Look at Silva though. He has flaws, but he always, always wants the ball. Something you don't always feel with Yaya.

Silva is involved all game and can be brilliant, but it's not often he does what yaya does and just blitzes a game. Completely different kind of player.

My point is that for the most part it isn't about going all game, it's about the quality of the actions.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:59 pm

King Kev wrote:Yaya often only plays 15-20 minutes of a game.
Sometimes it's more (utd on Tuesday) sometimes it's less (yesterday) but I reckon the average is no more than 20 minutes per game.

When he does play he is phenomenal, which is why he features heavily in edited highlights of matches. If you only get to see the highlights it looks like he has been brilliant throughout the entire match, sadly this is actually rarely the case.

We are lucky to have the likes of Fernandinho, Silva and Nasri to pick up the slack during Yaya's downtime, however we can get found out against some of the better teams.

I think this post was worthy of a new thread...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 am

Nobody is asking Yaya to leg it around for 90 mins, nor Silva, we know they can't. Yaya, if he was a natural in the position we play him in, could stand still for half the game percentage wise, then run like fuck for the other half (Rag hater won't understand that, he will think I mean literally 'stand still' for 45 mins, the run like fuck for 45, because he is fucking stupid).

But what he actually does is jog & jog & jog, then a quick sprint, then more jogging. He wastes loads of energy running in semi circles, having no effect. Then does something spectacular, or shit, then starts jogging around again.

Yaya and Silva are two of the world's best players, without a shadow of a doubt, but neither of them, nor Nasri, nor Fernandinho anyone in our midfield 'dominate' a game.

That's one of the resons we draw at Arsenal, rather than winning.

We don't have that player.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Nobody is asking Yaya to leg it around for 90 mins, nor Silva, we know they can't. Yaya, if he was a natural in the position we play him in, could stand still for half the game percentage wise, then run like fuck for the other half (Rag hater won't understand that, he will think I mean literally 'stand still' for 45 mins, the run like fuck for 45, because he is fucking stupid).

But what he actually does is jog & jog & jog, then a quick sprint, then more jogging. He wastes loads of energy running in semi circles, having no effect. Then does something spectacular, or shit, then starts jogging around again.

Yaya and Silva are two of the world's best players, without a shadow of a doubt, but neither of them, nor Nasri, nor Fernandinho anyone in our midfield 'dominate' a game.

That's one of the resons we draw at Arsenal, rather than winning.

We don't have that player.

We have 4 of those players Ted. You named them. Depending on their form, depending on the game, either of them can dominate (Nasri being least likely.) Such is the strength of the side they are not required to. However, if you were forced to say whom is most likely to be the dominator, it's Yaya.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 am

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/17667 ... ue?cc=5739

Bloody hell needs to stop watching highlights and talk to real City fans.
Rag_hater

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 am

Paddy Vieira:

“ I have never seen a player who has everything like Yaya. He has the pure power of Thierry Henry.

“Physically, he is built a bit like me – but with more strength. And he can score goals like Paul Scholes used to at his peak.

“Yaya is the complete footballer – and he will get even better in the next few years as he realises just how good he is, and his ­importance to the team.”
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Paddy Vieira: “ I have never seen a player who has everything like Yaya. He has the pure power of Thierry Henry. “Physically, he is built a bit like me – but with more strength. And he can score goals like Paul Scholes used to at his peak. “Yaya is the complete footballer – and he will get even better in the next few years as he realises just how good he is, and his ­importance to the team.”

Great to see a quote and a post that focuses on what he can do, rather than what he cannot.....
YaYa is a marvel.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 pm

bayblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Paddy Vieira: “ I have never seen a player who has everything like Yaya. He has the pure power of Thierry Henry. “Physically, he is built a bit like me – but with more strength. And he can score goals like Paul Scholes used to at his peak. “Yaya is the complete footballer – and he will get even better in the next few years as he realises just how good he is, and his ­importance to the team.”

Great to see a quote and a post that focuses on what he can do, rather than what he cannot.....
YaYa is a marvel.

Indeed he is.

However, I don't see why some folk can't grasp that this is a discussion on a player's strengths and weaknesses.
The thread title is a dead give away...

Some seem to think it is a tribute thread and he should only be praised. They are wrong, not the ones who are giving balanced views.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum