What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby sandman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am

Original Dub wrote:Yaya is the last of the mercenaries that joined us.

The rest seem very professional, so hopefully when he goes it will be the end of the ridiculous shit that the likes of him and tevez pursued.

Incorrect

According to the man who signed him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-exclusive-garry-cook-3124483
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 am

sandman wrote:

The rest seem very professional, so hopefully when he goes it will be the end of the ridiculous shit that the likes of him and tevez pursued.

Incorrect

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-exclusive-garry-cook-3124483

The idea that this latest nonsense was all down to Yaya wanting a few more quid & thus planning to use his brother to get him out of the club, has always been really really fucking ridiculous. Whatever it was about, it wasn't about making a bit more money, not from Yaya's perspective anyway, he was very obviously upset about someting else.

That's a great piece on Cook.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:21 pm

As you say cracking piece.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sandman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm

I love what he says about Kaka asking for City to put another offer in for him and him replying "That ship has sailed"
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 pm

sandman wrote:I love what he says about Kaka asking for City to put another offer in for him and him replying "That ship has sailed"

I read that and thought, well done
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 pm

sandman wrote:

Incorrect

That piece was written long before all the yaya bullshit.

I read that at the time and had little reason to doubt it, but no matter how it's dressed up, this summer was embarrassing from his point of view.

Not unforgivable, but very embarrassing. And very well handled by the club. Put it this way... I doubt cook would have released that interview round about now...
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 am

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

Incorrect

I read that at the time and had little reason to doubt it, but no matter how it's dressed up, this summer was embarrassing from his point of view.

Not unforgivable, but very embarrassing. And very well handled by the club. Put it this way... I doubt cook would have released that interview round about now...

As the interview was showing everyone why Yaya joined the club in the first place (ie money was not the motive) then it would be a good clue for everyone that money was unlikely to have been the motive this time either, therefore it would also have been good to release it now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

Incorrect

As the interview was showing everyone why Yaya joined the club in the first place (ie money was not the motive) then it would be a good clue for everyone that money was unlikely to have been the motive this time either, therefore it would also have been good to release it now.

Maybe it wasn't a motivating factor.

That has fuck all to do with trying to engineer a move and making a cock out of himself.

And if you don't think he was trying to engineer a move then i can't help you mate. I was tevez' biggest fan but i would have never denied he was engineering a move.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:55 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:

Incorrect

Maybe it wasn't a motivating factor.

That has fuck all to do with trying to engineer a move and making a cock out of himself.

And if you don't think he was trying to engineer a move then i can't help you mate. I was tevez' biggest fan but i would have never denied he was engineering a move.

To be fair mate there's no denying Tevez tried to engineer a move as he handed in two transfer requests ( maybe more ) during his time with us.

I guess we won't know the truth about Yaya for a few years yet but I accept it does look like he/his agent was angling for something, anybody's guess really what that was.

If it was a transfer he was after I would've expected his agent to have a move set up for him before he started with all that bollox in the press but since no club showed any interest it makes me wonder whether it was a move he after. But like I said anyone's guess.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 am

Agree.

I don't think he was trying to 'engineer' a move at all. I don't think he would have neccessarily cried if City had put him up for sale, but I don't think it was about getting a move & said so all along.

His agent may have been using his whinge to try & get a move, but his agent also tried to stop him coming to City in the first place.

There's a lot of James Bond crap been talked about this situation. If Yaya wanted a move, all he would have to do, is have an 'off the record' word with Pellegrini & the Count would sell him. He doesn't want players who aren't committed & he wouldn't be arsed about the other shit. Same with Txiki etc. If he asked them to find him a club, they would do. Of course they'd try to do a deal on cutting his loyalty bonus etc, but he's not going to get a fucking loyalty bonus out of them by downing tools is he ? He's already seen what happened with Tevez. He's too old for that. Why the fuck would he choose that road when he doesn't have to ?

And who the fuck was going to pay him the huge money ? Have PSG gone over their sanctions budget ? Who else ?

This 'engineering a move' bollocks doesn't make any practical sense & has no evidence whatsoever to back it up. It's just people assuming that was the problem because he mentioned 'finishing his career' elsewhere WHICH HE ALWAYS HAS, & he said the same earlier last season without any of the hysterics.

The biggest difference is that during this outburst, he sent out the message that he wanted to stay on at City AFTER he finished playing, which is a new one. That was the last thing said on the subject & lots of people ignored it because it does't fit with the 'engineering a move' crap everyone was pushing.

THAT is probably where the bust up has come from; he wants an offer of a job for the future & we aren't biting. He was probably hoping the Sheikh would respond with offers of ambassadorial trips around the world etc & got a 'we'll see' instead.

If that doesn't sound like a great theory, it makes more fucking sense than the 'engineering a move by publically making a tit out of himself & his agent' theory that you lot have been espousing. That makes no sense whatsoever.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:42 pm

What makes sense is he made a tit out of the club and didn't apologise.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Fuckin.....yawnnnnnnn.

He and his agent....OD and Ted.

Bunch of illogical spastic cunts.

Who knows what's real anymore?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Agree.

I don't think he was trying to 'engineer' a move at all. I don't think he would have neccessarily cried if City had put him up for sale, but I don't think it was about getting a move & said so all along.

His agent may have been using his whinge to try & get a move, but his agent also tried to stop him coming to City in the first place.

There's a lot of James Bond crap been talked about this situation. If Yaya wanted a move, all he would have to do, is have an 'off the record' word with Pellegrini & the Count would sell him. He doesn't want players who aren't committed & he wouldn't be arsed about the other shit. Same with Txiki etc. If he asked them to find him a club, they would do. Of course they'd try to do a deal on cutting his loyalty bonus etc, but he's not going to get a fucking loyalty bonus out of them by downing tools is he ? He's already seen what happened with Tevez. He's too old for that. Why the fuck would he choose that road when he doesn't have to ?

And who the fuck was going to pay him the huge money ? Have PSG gone over their sanctions budget ? Who else ?

This 'engineering a move' bollocks doesn't make any practical sense & has no evidence whatsoever to back it up. It's just people assuming that was the problem because he mentioned 'finishing his career' elsewhere WHICH HE ALWAYS HAS, & he said the same earlier last season without any of the hysterics.

The biggest difference is that during this outburst, he sent out the message that he wanted to stay on at City AFTER he finished playing, which is a new one. That was the last thing said on the subject & lots of people ignored it because it does't fit with the 'engineering a move' crap everyone was pushing.

THAT is probably where the bust up has come from; he wants an offer of a job for the future & we aren't biting. He was probably hoping the Sheikh would respond with offers of ambassadorial trips around the world etc & got a 'we'll see' instead.

If that doesn't sound like a great theory, it makes more fucking sense than the 'engineering a move by publically making a tit out of himself & his agent' theory that you lot have been espousing. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Nice rewrite of history there, all is forgiven. Yaya did nothing wrong.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:31 am

Slim wrote:

My thinking exactly.

Something "you lot have been espousing".

Whatever about ignoring the circus, I'm fucked if I'm being made out to be part of it.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 am

Lazy bastard, what did he think he was doing last night, playing a fucking friendly!

PS. After his exploits this summer, he better pull his socks up and win us the CL. Nothing more, nothing less.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Lazy bastard, what did he think he was doing last night, playing a fucking friendly!

PS. After his exploits this summer, he better pull his socks up and win us the CL. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well said!
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 am

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

My thinking exactly.

Something "you lot have been espousing".

Whatever about ignoring the circus, I'm fucked if I'm being made out to be part of it.

I didn't say Yaya has done nothing wrong, I haven't re written anything, on the contrary I've included something that most have ignored, the fact that his agent said he wanted to stay on at City. That never fit the 'engineering a move' theory so people just ignored it. And 'engineering a move' has been a theory some people have been espousing on here & are continuing to.

Nothing I've posted is changing any facts of putting words in anyone's mouths. I recon Yaya was upset about something else & that's what the sulk was about. I recon that fits in much better with the facts than that it was a deliberate plot to forca a transfer.

It was about something else imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Fair enough. He should have told the cunt to shut up. He owes us that much respect.

No matter how upset he was, no matter what the reason.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fair enough. He should have told the cunt to shut up. He owes us that much respect.

No matter how upset he was, no matter what the reason.

Exactly , the cunt should have stood by his employer(Who have treated him like a superstar) instead of fanning the flames (Which he fuckign did!!) which in turn caused thousands of fans, especially his employer, to be fucked off with him.

I said he will end up laughing it off when he doesn't get his way , whichever way that was, and I was right.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

So are we still singing happy birthday when he scores?

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the 47,000 party hats in the back of my car if we don't.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum