What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:as big of a cunt as he is Yaya's agent is doing his job. he's trying to make people believe Yaya is still a good, valuable player and there's a lot of interest in him (claiming United & Arsenal now. what joke). in actuality, people see through his bullshit remarks. but, still, he's doing what he should be doing: looking out for the best interest of his client.

There are ways of doing things. Have you ever heard Silva's representative say anything in the media? Do you even know who represents Silva? You don't have to run your mouth off or negotiate via the media to get the best results for your client.

Spot on.

I think it's called "over-egoing the cake".
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:as big of a cunt as he is Yaya's agent is doing his job. he's trying to make people believe Yaya is still a good, valuable player and there's a lot of interest in him (claiming United & Arsenal now. what joke). in actuality, people see through his bullshit remarks. but, still, he's doing what he should be doing: looking out for the best interest of his client.

There are ways of doing things. Have you ever heard Silva's representative say anything in the media? Do you even know who represents Silva? You don't have to run your mouth off or negotiate via the media to get the best results for your client.

Spot on.

Well said.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

Slagging people off isn't looking out for the best interests of a client, it's being a cunt.

he's making everything out to be City and Guardiola's fault..the cake, the exclusion from the CL squad, etc. he's making it sound like Yaya is the victim and claiming other parties are interested. no one will touch a player if everyone is passing on him, but if there are big clubs supposedly interested in him then there must be something valuable there. smart.

and, yes, like i began my post: he's a cunt. won't be sad to see the back of him (the agent).

I'd say desperate rather than smart, he's fooling no one, the smart can see right through his bullshit.

so what is he supposed to say? "Guardiola is right to leave Yaya out of the squad. he's old and lazy."?
youre getting too hung up on the particulars. im merely saying that he's defending his client and shifting blame. that's a smart thing for an agent to do when the player in question is going to be looking for a new club less than 4 months

Dameerto wrote:

and what has Silva's status within the club been since he's arrived? what controversial things has Silva said to the media in his time here?

apples and oranges, pal.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:55 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

Slagging people off isn't looking out for the best interests of a client, it's being a cunt.

he's making everything out to be City and Guardiola's fault..the cake, the exclusion from the CL squad, etc. he's making it sound like Yaya is the victim and claiming other parties are interested. no one will touch a player if everyone is passing on him, but if there are big clubs supposedly interested in him then there must be something valuable there. smart.

and, yes, like i began my post: he's a cunt. won't be sad to see the back of him (the agent).

I'd say desperate rather than smart, he's fooling no one, the smart can see right through his bullshit.

so what is he supposed to say? "Guardiola is right to leave Yaya out of the squad. he's old and lazy."?
youre getting too hung up on the particulars. im merely saying that he's defending his client and shifting blame. that's a smart thing for an agent to do when the player in question is going to be looking for a new club less than 4 months

Dameerto wrote:

and what has Silva's status within the club been since he's arrived? what controversial things has Silva said to the media in his time here?

apples and oranges, pal.

So, can you quote hart's or Nasri's or mangala's agents? I have no idea why anyone with more than a single braincell would try and defend or justify Dimitri seluk.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

Dameerto wrote:

apples and oranges, pal.

Hi Phips,

I can't criticise you for defending your viewpoint and Yaya's agent is, no doubt, working in the player's best interests (as well as his own), but there is a right way and wrong way to go about things.

Throughout his time here, Yaya's agent has always seemed like 'the fly in the ointment', as it were and has seemed to do nothing but create controversy and ill-feeling by ill-considered public statements.

At this late stage in Yaya's career, he would be better served by his agent keeping a lower profile and working with the Club on some joint strategy (a move to NYCFC perhaps ??) to ensure the smoothest (and most profitable) exit which would be best for all parties. However, by adopting the public announcements he has been making, the agent is only drawing further attention to Yaya's shortcomings and, if anything, making Yaya's future employment possibilities more problematical.

To be sure he's working in Yaya's best interests; he's just going the wrong way about it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:46 am

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

Dameerto wrote:

apples and oranges, pal.

He's not just merely defending his client and shifting blame though is he? Again he's bringing the image of the club into it with his Africa comments. He has slagged the club of in the past, has slagged off Marwood, Txiki, Soriano.

If I was a potential suitor I'd be weighing up whether it was worth bringing Yaya in against having to put up his mouthpiece throwing shit at my club in the media. It could be argued that he's negatively effecting Yaya's chance of further employment, the opposite of 'doing his job'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:26 am

he's a fucking second hand car salesman
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 am

I dont buy this everyone blaming his agent. Yaya could tell him to shut it if he wanted to but he doesn't that's why yaya wont be considered a great. He made the snowballs and let that other cunt throw them. Truly great sportsmen do not behave like that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 am

It seems Toure may be Seluk/Celuk's one-and-only remaining cash cow, who he managed to bag during his early years in Donetsk (or possibly before), and he's starting to become increasingly unhinged as his mini-empire is starting to dissipate. When you look at the list of players he's represented, it seems he's got good connections with Olimpiakos, Metallurg Donetsk and (probably not any more) Monaco. Abdisalam Ibrahim, the other former City-related player who he represents (besides Kolo) also went to Olimpiakos. He also represented Abidal, who ended his career there.

If you look at the list of players he currently represents (http://www.transfermarkt.ba/dimitri-cel ... rater/2016), they're generally mid-table clubs in Eastern European leagues. Interestingly, according to Transfermarkt, Yaya's agent is listed as 'not clarified', meaning there may be something other than the traditional player-agent agreement in the Yaya-Seluk situation...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:57 am

lost all respect for yaya when he went to qatar for 'treatment' prior to the 2014 world cup
of course, this had nothing to do with them paying him a fortune to be a 'football ambassador'
he then had the front to accuse the club of preventing him from spending time with his dying brother
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:15 pm

What he has done will always be special. Not what he can no longer do. Great player for us and sadly his legs have gone.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:What he has done will always be special. Not what he can no longer do. Great player for us and sadly his legs have gone.

For me one of the greatest players ever to wear a city shirt and I'm 55.
Yaya in full flight running at a defence (Villa goal) is and always will be one of my great football memories. I will stick my neck out and say he's been as good as and if not the best attacking midfielder the PL has ever seen. The 20 goal season was just out of this world. I shall miss him very much because it looks like his time is up.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Yaya can't be put ahead of lampard as the best attacking.mid the prem has seen, his record was phenomenal. Great player yaya and my stand out memories are the goals at Wembley. All of them.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Call me old fashioned and/or naive, but why does a footballer need an agent?

It's not like an actor where they may not have regular work.

Football would be a much better place without agents.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:14 pm

nottsblue wrote:Call me old fashioned and/or naive, but why does a footballer need an agent?

NB. You're old fashioned and naive.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Call me old fashioned and/or naive, but why does a footballer need an agent?

How did the practice of the Club paying the agent arise ??

I would have thought the player should pay the agent from his own pocket - or am I being old fashioned and naive, as well as NB ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:33 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

They need representation - just not some media whore who thinks the world revolves around him. In an ideal world the PFA would represent players at contract renewals but that would just leave the door wide open to (even more) corruption.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:What he has done will always be special. Not what he can no longer do. Great player for us and sadly his legs have gone.

For me one of the greatest players ever to wear a city shirt and I'm 55.
Yaya in full flight running at a defence (Villa goal) is and always will be one of my great football memories. I will stick my neck out and say he's been as good as and if not the best attacking midfielder the PL has ever seen. The 20 goal season was just out of this world. I shall miss him very much because it looks like his time is up.

Bang on. I hope he gets some wonderful cameos this season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Does he play cribbage, or possibly all-fours? It's a long time in the taproom till January.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Does he play cribbage, or possibly all-fours? It's a long time in the taproom till January.

A bit of don perhaps.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum