What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like his agent is stirring things up again, basically saying we're disrespecting Yaya by not offering an improved 3 year contract and he is now talking to other clubs.

Time to move on if he's got that attitude.

As soon as pep was announced, this type of shit was nailed on.

Seems to be nailed on every season mate, as if the agent is trying to hold us hostage. Can't be doing with the annual shit from him.

A very bad time to be coming out with this as we all know Yaya isnt the player he was and if he doesn't get the move he wants he'll be sat in the stands.

How long has he got in his current contract, I thought he'd not long ago renewed?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like his agent is stirring things up again, basically saying we're disrespecting Yaya by not offering an improved 3 year contract and he is now talking to other clubs.

Seems to be nailed on every season mate, as if the agent is trying to hold us hostage. Can't be doing with the annual shit from him.

A very bad time to be coming out with this as we all know Yaya isnt the player he was and if he doesn't get the move he wants he'll be sat in the stands.

How long has he got in his current contract, I thought he'd not long ago renewed?

One year left.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

One year left.

He is 33 in 6 weeks (get your baking hats on), what person in their right mind would think they could get a 3 yr extension at that age?

I hope he gets a really good send off from the away fans at Swansea, its his birthday 2 days before his last game for us
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am

bigblue wrote:
dazby wrote:Yaya's goal against Aston Villa was the nearest I've ever had to a football orgasm. It doesn't beat the Dickov or Aguero moment but it sits very comfortably in third.

Are you talking about this over vs Villa:

Watch on youtube.com

or this one:

Watch on youtube.com

Because the one I'm still in awe of, is the casual 35 yard rocket vs sunderland to draw us level in the cup final:

Watch on youtube.com

And for good measure, here's 45 minutes showing why Yaya is a City legend:

Video timeline:

Up to 17:23 : Various Highlights (Goals, Skills, dribbles & passes)
17:23 to 24:35 : Runs, dribbles and skills
24:35 to 29:50 : Goals & Shooting
29:50 onwards : Passing, control of play and vision

Watch on youtube.com

The first. As soon as he started running you new he was going to score. The build up. The shot! Orgasm.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

One year left.

He is 33 in 6 weeks (get your baking hats on), what person in their right mind would think they could get a 3 yr extension at that age?

I hope he gets a really good send off from the away fans at Swansea, its his birthday 2 days before his last game for us

Exactly. That Shylock guy is an absolute cock who is only thinking about himself, and puppets Yaya accordingly.

Yaya is a City Leagend for me, bringing us unprecedented success, butvwe have to remember he was highly recompensed for his efforts and that all good things come to an end.

Like you say, hopefully he'll get a great send off as he deserves it but with comments like that from his agent, some of our fans will have their backs up, especially if there's any further.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It's how Dimitry Seluk has negotiated his whole career. Sure it'd be nice if Yaya changed agents. But realistically, it's hard to fire someone who keeps you as one of the highest paid in the world at your profession. And that's about 90% of an agent's job. From the player's perspective, you let the agent be the arsehole (if need be), and you get a better deal while keeping your hands clean.

I know if someone was negotiating on my behalf to earn millions/year, I'd give them free reign to do or say whatever they wanted. As long as they deliver the goods, and I don't have to do anything (not involved in the process), they can take hostages for all I care.

So just ignore Mr. Seluk and listen to what Yaya himself has to say
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It's how Dimitry Seluk has negotiated his whole career. Sure it'd be nice if Yaya changed agents. But realistically, it's hard to fire someone who keeps you as one of the highest paid in the world at your profession. And that's about 90% of an agent's job. From the player's perspective, you let the agent be the arsehole (if need be), and you get a better deal while keeping your hands clean.

I know if someone was negotiating on my behalf to earn millions/year, I'd give them free reign to do or say whatever they wanted. As long as they deliver the goods, and I don't have to do anything (not involved in the process), they can take hostages for all I care.

His son is named Dimitri Touré.

Seluk will always have the final word when it comes to him. Sadly...
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

PeterParker wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

His son is named Dimitri Touré.

Seluk will always have the final word when it comes to him. Sadly...

Is his daughter named 10% B A C
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 27, 2016 2:09 pm

This might come as a shock, but between the whole wankfest for Maureen, there is a pro City article out there. Here you go, nice read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2642 ... gue-legend?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Fri May 27, 2016 3:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:This might come as a shock, but between the whole wankfest for Maureen, there is a pro City article out there. Here you go, nice read.

Great article.

He will leave the club a legend. He was very poor last season, but in the previous seasons he was largely excellent and the true definition of a big game player. Even in the League Cup Final this season, when we had 1 penalty kick to win the game, as soon as we saw Yaya walking up to take the kick, we knew the trophy was ours.

He stepped up when it counted and was crucial to every trophy we've won since 2011.

This season he was on the decline and Pellegrini has to take some of the blame for playing him so often. But good luck to him in the future.

Hopefully he chooses a club in China and we can get a 20m+ fee for him :)
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri May 27, 2016 4:01 pm

aaron bond wrote:
PeterParker wrote:This might come as a shock, but between the whole wankfest for Maureen, there is a pro City article out there. Here you go, nice read.

Great article.

He will leave the club a legend. He was very poor last season, but in the previous seasons he was largely excellent and the true definition of a big game player. Even in the League Cup Final this season, when we had 1 penalty kick to win the game, as soon as we saw Yaya walking up to take the kick, we knew the trophy was ours.

He stepped up when it counted and was crucial to every trophy we've won since 2011.

This season he was on the decline and Pellegrini has to take some of the blame for playing him so often. But good luck to him in the future.

Hopefully he chooses a club in China and we can get a 20m+ fee for him :)

Pretty much what I think.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby freshie » Fri May 27, 2016 7:10 pm

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Fri May 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Whatever you think of him, and I am not a fan of the circus he has become, he will always be a legend at City and probably one of the best players I've ever seen pull on a City shirt.

His goal in the LC final, his goal in the FA Cup final, he dragged us over the line for the first title and carried us in the majority of the second.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Fri May 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Slim wrote:Whatever you think of him, and I am not a fan of the circus he has become, he will always be a legend at City and probably one of the best players I've ever seen pull on a City shirt.

His goal in the LC final, his goal in the FA Cup final, he dragged us over the line for the first title and carried us in the majority of the second.

Blah blah fucking blah
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sidSmith » Fri May 27, 2016 11:16 pm

Scatman wrote:
Slim wrote:Whatever you think of him, and I am not a fan of the circus he has become, he will always be a legend at City and probably one of the best players I've ever seen pull on a City shirt.

Blah blah fucking blah

You have to be joking? What part of that do you disagree with?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Was it his FA cup final goal where he was kind of up in the air doing his 'Yaya' rifled shot? If it was, that is probably the hardest I've seen someone hit the ball that I can remember. I'd love to know how much power he gets on his shots.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat May 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Was it his FA cup final goal where he was kind of up in the air doing his 'Yaya' rifled shot? If it was, that is probably the hardest I've seen someone hit the ball that I can remember. I'd love to know how much power he gets on his shots.

I did say at the time no-one's stopping that, lucky no-one got in the way or they'd be in the back of the net with the ball.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sidSmith » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:57 am

Couple of papers suggesting that he's going to do a Danny Mills and sit out his contract for the next year and earn £11m.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:02 am

sidSmith wrote:Couple of papers suggesting that he's going to do a Danny Mills and sit out his contract for the next year and earn £11m.

Can't see him fitting into that Moonchester costume myself.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sidSmith » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:06 am

sidSmith wrote:Couple of papers suggesting that he's going to do a Danny Mills and sit out his contract for the next year and earn £11m.

Can't see him fitting into that Moonchester costume myself.

Ha. At least he wouldn't be stealing a living.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum