Is Boateng Just Not Very Good

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Boateng Just Not Very Good

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:02 am

phips wrote:remind me again why we sold him?

didn't adapt well? we barely gave him time..

We played a long game with Agent Jerome. The kid did his job last night.

Spies, etc

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 am

Maybe the Etihad pitch doesn't suit him....
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 am

Old thread bump.

"Remind me...."

Pmsl
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:38 am

It's funny. Even as sides he's played in have won trophies I still consider him a poor defender.

I'd rather play against him than with him 8 days a week.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 am

dazby wrote:It's funny. Even as sides he's played in have won trophies I still consider him a poor defender.

Plenty of shit players have won a lot of trophies mostly at the rags.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 am

Remind you again? Have you bothered researching why?

He had a fallout with Mancini and was desperate to leave.

Delighted he fucked up last night, übercunt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I think hes dogshit too, a travesty he has all those medals! Said it before and say it again, bullied by lee hughes in the fa cup against notts county and letting balls bounce before attacking them, i wouldnt be allowed do that for my sunday league team!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:03 pm

dazby wrote:It's funny. Even as sides he's played in have won trophies I still consider him a poor defender.

I wrote this before watching the game. Wow!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

He's not alone. That clown who came on to join him is fucking hopeless & Boateng of course plays next to Hummels in the German team.
Somehow, the best teams in recent years seem to be able to have these kind of characters who are good on the ball but dogshit at defending, & largely get away with it.

I don't think they would, if they played every week in the Prem. I wonder if it's psychological; that teams are intimidated so much by the 'aura' of the oppo that they don't get at these blokes as they should. City last night kept failing to see great big holes in Bayern's defence, especially the ball over the top & behind the fullback. When you see how piss poor not just those two, but Benatia as well, were vs Serge, it makes you wonder what a City team on top of its game could do to them, or indeed to Barca last season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He's not alone. That clown who came on to join him is fucking hopeless & Boateng of course plays next to Hummels in the German team.
Somehow, the best teams in recent years seem to be able to have these kind of characters who are good on the ball but dogshit at defending, & largely get away with it.

I don't think they would, if they played every week in the Prem. I wonder if it's psychological; that teams are intimidated so much by the 'aura' of the oppo that they don't get at these blokes as they should. City last night kept failing to see great big holes in Bayern's defence, especially the ball over the top & behind the fullback. When you see how piss poor not just those two, but Benatia as well, were vs Serge, it makes you wonder what a City team on top of its game could do to them, or indeed to Barca last season.

if you have to face Aguero with the ball at his feet, no matter who you are, he will ause mahem, the times last night he was close to getting through was in double figures, he messed a few up, due to being that in control. Get the ball to him and he will get 40 goals.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm

He is a handful vs anybody, but it's unlikely any of those goals would have been scored so easily vs a City defence playing with confidence. No telling how many he would get whilst we're shitting our pants as we are now, but the way he ran off Benatia was far too easy as was the way he robbed Boateng & the way Jovetic was allowed to flick the ball on. Poor as Mangala has been at times, he would have been all over Jovetic, as would Demichelis.

Bayern's CBs were dogshite this time last year as well. It's not a new thing. If teams get at them they crack. But you have to get the ball off them first, get past their midfield, & have the guts to pass the ball; which for long periods last night we didn't.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He is a handful vs anybody, but it's unlikely any of those goals would have been scored so easily vs a City defence playing with confidence. No telling how many he would get whilst we're shitting our pants as we are now, but the way he ran off Benatia was far too easy as was the way he robbed Boateng & the way Jovetic was allowed to flick the ball on. Poor as Mangala has been at times, he would have been all over Jovetic, as would Demichelis.

Bayern's CBs were dogshite this time last year as well. It's not a new thing. If teams get at them they crack. But you have to get the ball off them first, get past their midfield, & have the guts to pass the ball; which for long periods last night we didn't.

well thats us out then as Seydou Doumbia will have a field day
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He is a handful vs anybody, but it's unlikely any of those goals would have been scored so easily vs a City defence playing with confidence. No telling how many he would get whilst we're shitting our pants as we are now, but the way he ran off Benatia was far too easy as was the way he robbed Boateng & the way Jovetic was allowed to flick the ball on. Poor as Mangala has been at times, he would have been all over Jovetic, as would Demichelis.

If Bayern don't do the business at the other end, that's EXACTLY what will happen. Unless he misses of course, which is the other thing which happens a lot with the old established clubs; players fail to cash in when they fuck up.

How many times have we seen teams go to the swamp in this competition, be clean through on goal 4 times, miss all 4 & lose 3-0 ? Unfortunately we are thought of as beatable at the moment, & scoring v City, is not such an arse quaker as scoring v the old guard.

Putting 3 past Bayern in a game like that, still requires beating the keeper. What Serge did was awesome.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

If Bayern don't do the business at the other end, that's EXACTLY what will happen. Unless he misses of course, which is the other thing which happens a lot with the old established clubs; players fail to cash in when they fuck up.

How many times have we seen teams go to the swamp in this competition, be clean through on goal 4 times, miss all 4 & lose 3-0 ? Unfortunately we are thought of as beatable at the moment, & scoring v City, is not such an arse quaker as scoring v the old guard.

Putting 3 past Bayern in a game like that, still requires beating the keeper. What Serge did was awesome.

Literally awesome.best keeper in the world so well beaten even on the pen where he guessed right and it required inch perfect placement from Kun. Amazing finishes. Should be heralded as an all time great. If that had been Rooney scoring one off his shin for the win grown men would be having uncontrollable orgasms.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

We played a long game with Agent Jerome. The kid did his job last night.

Spies, etc

Cheers

Hahahaha don't have to look far for them in jokes after all you spaz.

Cheers my usa compatriot.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Also I fucking hate boateng with a passion. Least fav city player ever.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby twosips » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:24 pm

That second finish. Just unbelievable. Full pelt sprint for 40 yards, 2-1 down with the team in crisis as we're about to be knocked out by ten men on our own patch, bearing down on the best keeper in the world and with his weaker foot he puts it in the only place that was out of Neuer's reach from the edge of the area. Truly world class stuff given the context.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby bayblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm

twosips wrote:That second finish. Just unbelievable. Full pelt sprint for 40 yards, 2-1 down with the team in crisis as we're about to be knocked out by ten men on our own patch, bearing down on the best keeper in the world and with his weaker foot he puts it in the only place that was out of Neuer's reach from the edge of the area. Truly world class stuff given the context.

Well said. The speed he generated was awesome and the finish majestic.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 pm

bayblue wrote:
twosips wrote:That second finish. Just unbelievable. Full pelt sprint for 40 yards, 2-1 down with the team in crisis as we're about to be knocked out by ten men on our own patch, bearing down on the best keeper in the world and with his weaker foot he puts it in the only place that was out of Neuer's reach from the edge of the area. Truly world class stuff given the context.

Well said. The speed he generated was awesome and the finish majestic.

And to think some media reports said "it was handed on a plate". WTF? A majestic goal
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:58 am

He did really well for our 3rd goal. Great assist
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum