Is Boateng Just Not Very Good

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Boateng Just Not Very Good

Postby sandman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:18 pm

BadKompany wrote:
sandman wrote:A lot slated Zabba while he was becoming accustomed to this league, it took him a long long time and now he is one of our most consistant players.

I am not even close to being covinced by Boateng or Kolorov, but I am sure that i've not seen the best of either of them, in time I imagine one or both will be a fans favourite at some point.

And Zaba is still only good enough as a second choice right back.However,at present,need dictates - he should to be our first choice left....

I personally would put Zabba as first choice on either side, of Micah, Boateng, Kolorov and himself he is the only one I really have confidence in. Plus he's played 19 games this season so he's not exactly a bench warmer, Bobby Manc seems to think he's pretty good too.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby BadKompany » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

sandman wrote:
BadKompany wrote:
sandman wrote:A lot slated Zabba while he was becoming accustomed to this league, it took him a long long time and now he is one of our most consistant players.

I am not even close to being covinced by Boateng or Kolorov, but I am sure that i've not seen the best of either of them, in time I imagine one or both will be a fans favourite at some point.

And Zaba is still only good enough as a second choice right back.However,at present,need dictates - he should to be our first choice left....

I personally would put Zabba as first choice on either side, of Micah, Boateng, Kolorov and himself he is the only one I really have confidence in. Plus he's played 19 games this season so he's not exactly a bench warmer, Bobby Manc seems to think he's pretty good too.

Micah has found excellent form and has the one attribute that gives him the edge - pace.Zaba simply cannot handle wingers who possess speed and trickery,he wiil inevitably receive a yellow and that makes him a liability.
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby sandman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 pm

BadKompany wrote:
sandman wrote:
BadKompany wrote:

Micah has found excellent form and has the one attribute that gives him the edge - pace.Zaba simply cannot handle wingers who possess speed and trickery,he wiil inevitably receive a yellow and that makes him a liability.

I disagree, I am not fooled by a few fantastic forward runs that often result in losing possesion.

Micah neglects his defensive responsibilities far too often at the expense of pushing forward, this wouldnt be a problem if he tracked back straight away, but he doesnt, he's often caught wandering upfront/midfield while opposition breaks leaving 3 at the back, plus his positional awareness is not what Zabba's is. How many times is he caught inside allowing players into the corner to lob on into the box? Far too often for my liking.

Micah is a good player, but I fear he is somewhat overated. Zabba isnt all flair and show off, he is just a good strong reliable no nonesense defender.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Boateng may need time to settle and find his feet, but do we have to keep playing him at RB while he does?

Micah has been a revalation of late and Zabba has been fab all year, If Jerome is one for the future then cut his playing time down. If he arks up about it, show him some bloody videos of how he's been playing.

The CB thing worries me also. He looks better there, but nowhere near Komps, Kolo or Lescot for me. Did we really pay a big fee for another future maybe?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Give him a chance eh?

Micah is 22 and has played a damn sight more games in this league and only now is showing what he can do.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, being a German national, but would gladly switch him for his half brother
at this point. He seems to have problem adapting his game to the PL, loses a lot of one on one battles and his first touch is terrible.
Maybe he will adapt eventually, but Mancini has hardly said a thing about his regression (which can't be good.)
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Goataldo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:19 pm

I think he's been bloody terrible. I could forgive him looking like a centre back playing out of position, but I find it extremely difficult to forgive him for playing like a not-arsed, non-footballer.

He wets out of challenges, doesn't mark properly (and this includes at set pieces, where the 'mummy mummy -I'm not a left-back' excuse doesn't wash), and abmles along with no sense of purpose or urgency when the opportunity is ripe to overlap and support the attack.

Don't get me wrong I WANT him to improve and become the player most of us thought we'd signed. He has a hell of a lot of improving and convincing to do.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:33 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:For stating this 6 months ago I got called to shit for it:

http://mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic ... it=germany

Of course that was mainly by an aggitated lunatic, but my point still stands.

Right there with you, when we signed him during last season I questioned why City wanted him when he was utter wank for Hamburg.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Slim wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:For stating this 6 months ago I got called to shit for it:

Right there with you, when we signed him during last season I questioned why City wanted him when he was utter wank for Hamburg.

*high five*
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Sadly I would rather you and I were getting shit now for being completely wrong about him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 pm

I dont think he's not very good. I do think he's a centre half and not a right back, and hence thats where he will have his better games for us in the future.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goataldo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:16 am

Goaters 103 wrote:I dont think he's not very good. I do think he's a centre half and not a right back, and hence thats where he will have his better games for us in the future.

I refer you to my previous post. Have you seriously been watching the lad?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby wyted » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am

Slim wrote:

I can't say I'd heard of him before the world cup where he played pretty well at left back, imo. Generally, I don't feel confidence when he plays and right now I'd rather Micah was playing.

Saying that, I don't think there has been a truly world class right back since Gary Neville went into decline.
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 am

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:I dont think he's not very good. I do think he's a centre half and not a right back, and hence thats where he will have his better games for us in the future.

Yes, have you? He's looked better at centre half than fullback. Let's let the guy have a chance before we crucify him after 20 games as he appears to be the current scapegoat. He hasn't set the world on fire, but then again neither has Kolarov either.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 am

Time. Practice. Hard work. Patience.

During the world cup he looked like the weak link in their defence. He was injured at the start of the season. He's new to the prem and is the same age as Micah. Judge him next season.

Having written that if a club came in with an 8 mill bid, I'd snap their hands off.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Goataldo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

Yes, have you? He's looked better at centre half than fullback. Let's let the guy have a chance before we crucify him after 20 games as he appears to be the current scapegoat. He hasn't set the world on fire, but then again neither has Kolarov either.

Yes. Yes, I have. And I know he looks better at centre half. How could he possibly look any worse? A full frontal lobotomy?

Watching him plod about the pitch, is how I managed to notice that he's doing things wrong as a footballer, never mind what position he's played at. And I don't necessarily agree that someone is being used a scapegoat, when they've been massively turd in numerous games. He deserves everything he gets apart from most of his wage. He doesn't even pretend to be arsed, and 'defends' at times, like a coward. If he was in my team I'd have given him numerous public bollockings. In fact I did on Sunday, I just don't think he could hear me.

He'll get more time so he'd better improve, but I've seen god knows how many so called 'quality players' come to City and turn out to be utter gash. Just hope he doesn't need more time than we can afford to give him; we're getting near the pointy end now and it really is playin hell wid me noives.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

Yes. Yes, I have. And I know he looks better at centre half. How could he possibly look any worse? A full frontal lobotomy?

Watching him plod about the pitch, is how I managed to notice that he's doing things wrong as a footballer, never mind what position he's played at. And I don't necessarily agree that someone is being used a scapegoat, when they've been massively turd in numerous games. He deserves everything he gets apart from most of his wage. He doesn't even pretend to be arsed, and 'defends' at times, like a coward. If he was in my team I'd have given him numerous public bollockings. In fact I did on Sunday, I just don't think he could hear me.

He'll get more time so he'd better improve, but I've seen god knows how many so called 'quality players' come to City and turn out to be utter gash. Just hope he doesn't need more time than we can afford to give him; we're getting near the pointy end now and it really is playin hell wid me noives.

Mancini will pay the ultimate price for stubbornly sticking by his signings when Boateng and Kolarov come up against the likes of Lennon, Anelka, Malouda - I am praying he drops them both in the very near future. There is persevering with them to gain experience, and there is managerial suicide......any longer and I think it will become the latter.

He clearly knows there is a problem, as he didnt play either against United, so lets hope he keeps that pattern up.....but I think its best we wrap them both up until next season now.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby s1ty m » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Boateng is appalling. If you can't see it, I cannot explain why not as it is so patently obvious.

If there is any shred of truth that Richards is off to Spurs, making way for this donkey, it would be a disasterous move. Micah is far and away the best option for us, at RB. Boateng is a big mistake, all managers make them, this is Mancini's biggest. Though not his only one.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goataldo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:38 pm

s1ty m wrote:Boateng is appalling. If you can't see it, I cannot explain why not as it is so patently obvious.

If there is any shred of truth that Richards is off to Spurs, making way for this donkey, it would be a disasterous move. Micah is far and away the best option for us, at RB. Boateng is a big mistake, all managers make them, this is Mancini's biggest. Though not his only one.

Although I (hope, and) don't think Boateng has been brought in as a long term fullback, selling Micah would be a kamikaze manouvre. Especially to that disgusting crooked ballbag of a man and his annoying team.

Mad Zabs and Micah are the best fullbacks we have at the club.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby phips » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 am

remind me again why we sold him?

didn't adapt well? we barely gave him time..
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus