Europa Final

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Europa Final

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:43 am

Checked credit card and have seen they have just debited for fiNAl tickets.........

Happy days.Just hope city get to it now, im feeling confident
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Europa Final

Postby CitizenYank » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 am

We've already won it, just don't have the silverware date set. A team this hungry only sees the
finish line!!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby shortagain » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 am

Here we go, getting ahead of ourselves again. Been a City man for over 50 years and still going and history says as soon as we start getting confident, they throw a wobbler in. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but just let it happen, don't anticipate. This team may be different, but beat Everton and we go top !!!!
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

Dublin Dublin we are coming
Dublin Dublin I pray
Dublin Dublin we are coming
We are coming at the end of may!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Landsdowne Road we are coming
Landsdowne Road I pray
Landsdowne Road we are coming

has a better ring to it
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Landsdowne Road I pray

has a better ring to it

I like it mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

shortagain wrote:Here we go, getting ahead of ourselves again. Been a City man for over 50 years and still going and history says as soon as we start getting confident, they throw a wobbler in. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but just let it happen, don't anticipate. This team may be different, but beat Everton and we go top !!!!

That would be 7th of May then mate. I think if we're still top then, we will finish on top.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby shortagain » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Blue in the face wrote:
shortagain wrote:Here we go, getting ahead of ourselves again. Been a City man for over 50 years and still going and history says as soon as we start getting confident, they throw a wobbler in. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but just let it happen, don't anticipate. This team may be different, but beat Everton and we go top !!!!

That would be 7th of May then mate. I think if we're still top then, we will finish on top.

Nicely didn't spot that, but you know what I mean
shortagain

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 pm

I've applied using a friends sisters name and address in Dublin. Not heard yet though. I'm on tenterhooks (whatever they are).
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Blue in the face wrote:I've applied using a friends sisters name and address in Dublin. Not heard yet though. I'm on tenterhooks (whatever they are).

The initial use of the modern idiomatic phrase was metaphoric. Being on tenterhooks referred specifically to the process of cloth making employed in Europe as early as the Middle Ages. After cloth was milled and washed, it had to be dried, but this posed a problem. Normally, drying meant the cloth would shrink significantly, which was undesirable. Cloth makers would make less profit if the cloth shrunk, since cloth was sold by lengths. Less cloth after the drying process translates to less money for the cloth maker. To avoid losing profits and valuable cloth, during the drying process cloth was tented to prevent it from shrinking.

Tenting meant the cloth was stretched out or suspended, like a tent, and usually attached to hooks, often simple nails, that were, as you might guess called tenterhooks. Thus cloth on hooks was stretched tight to dry. This sped up the drying process and prevented the cloth from shrinking. The actual tenting process was usually accomplished via small or large devices called tenters, usually wooden frames upon which the cloth would be attached to the hooks.

Tenters are no longer in common use, and as such, tenterhooks have largely disappeared from use. The closest modern comparison might be actually using a tent, which is normally canvas or nylon stretched over a frame and then hooked or attached to keep stable. Although the name tenterhooks or tenters are no longer used, the current expression survives the old process.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Fish111 wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:I've applied using a friends sisters name and address in Dublin. Not heard yet though. I'm on tenterhooks (whatever they are).

The initial use of the modern idiomatic phrase was metaphoric. Being on tenterhooks referred specifically to the process of cloth making employed in Europe as early as the Middle Ages. After cloth was milled and washed, it had to be dried, but this posed a problem. Normally, drying meant the cloth would shrink significantly, which was undesirable. Cloth makers would make less profit if the cloth shrunk, since cloth was sold by lengths. Less cloth after the drying process translates to less money for the cloth maker. To avoid losing profits and valuable cloth, during the drying process cloth was tented to prevent it from shrinking.

Tenting meant the cloth was stretched out or suspended, like a tent, and usually attached to hooks, often simple nails, that were, as you might guess called tenterhooks. Thus cloth on hooks was stretched tight to dry. This sped up the drying process and prevented the cloth from shrinking. The actual tenting process was usually accomplished via small or large devices called tenters, usually wooden frames upon which the cloth would be attached to the hooks.

Tenters are no longer in common use, and as such, tenterhooks have largely disappeared from use. The closest modern comparison might be actually using a tent, which is normally canvas or nylon stretched over a frame and then hooked or attached to keep stable. Although the name tenterhooks or tenters are no longer used, the current expression survives the old process.

Thanks Fish. You are a fountain of knowledge. Maybe you live in a fountain, you know being called Fish.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby fees » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 pm

I bought tickets in the Istanbul lottery and was so chuffed when i got them, only to be sitting in South Africa with said tickets at the end of May and could not give them away, let alone sell the bleeding things. Hence there was a lot of open seats in the stadium on the night of the final.

I have decided not to piss the money away again this year. Going to gamble and hope i can sneak some tickets in somewhere along the line if we make the final.

Good luck though, i for one hope you dont lose your investment.
fees

Supporter of: Super City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Landsdowne Road I pray

has a better ring to it

I like it mate.

Have you been living under a rock?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Landsdowne Road I pray