Pienaar to Spurs = End of Chelsea Era?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pienaar to Spurs = End of Chelsea Era?

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Steven Pienaar has chosen to end the speculation regarding where he's gonna end up by declaring on Twitter that he's off to Spurs. Spurs a more attractive proposition than Chelsea - who'd have thought that 18 months ago?

With their best players from their multi-trophy winning side either ageing, injury-prone or gone and Abramovich adamant that they must break even in net transfer expenditure, are Chelsea now in (semi)permanent decline à la Liverpool?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Re: Pienaar to Spurs = End of Chelsea Era?

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm

They have still got enough in the tank for a few more years.

As it goes i'd have liked us to sign Pienaar,i dont know where Harry is gonna play all his attacking midfielders.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:They have still got enough in the tank for a few more years.

As it goes i'd have liked us to sign Pienaar,i dont know where Harry is gonna play all his attacking midfielders.

I just feel as though Ballack and Carvalho haven't been replaced by anyone of even nearly the same quality, Essien is mega prone to getting injured and Lampard, Terry and Drogba look jaded. That's the heart of the team gone.

The young players just don't seem to have the necessary quality to step in yet and their bench looks proper shite every week, especially compared to the other sides in the top 5.

The fact that Steven Pienaar would've probably been guaranteed more game time at Chelsea says it all for me really.
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich is reducing the wag bill and overall expenditure on Chelski with a view to selling it in the next couple of years. little rich boy is bored with his toy. He bought it as a play-thing unlike our owners who have bought to invest and to expand their business portfolio. Rumours have been knocking about for a while that the ruski wants out of football altogether.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dronny » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Fish111 wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich is reducing the wag bill and overall expenditure on Chelski with a view to selling it in the next couple of years. little rich boy is bored with his toy. [highlight]He bought it as a play-thing unlike our owners who have bought to invest and to expand their business portfolio[/highlight]. Rumours have been knocking about for a while that the ruski wants out of football altogether.

Hope you've got your fingers crossed there Mr Fish....
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Naa, I reckon Pienaar thinks he'll have a better chance of first team footy at Spurs. Many decent midfielders have been spit out of Chelsea never to really recover their form.

That and, of course, some really big brown envelopes to be shared around the usual suspects :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Dronny wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich is reducing the wag bill and overall expenditure on Chelski with a view to selling it in the next couple of years. little rich boy is bored with his toy. [highlight]He bought it as a play-thing unlike our owners who have bought to invest and to expand their business portfolio[/highlight]. Rumours have been knocking about for a while that the ruski wants out of football altogether.

Hope you've got your fingers crossed there Mr Fish....

And my toes..
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby bluej » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Fish111 wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich is reducing the wag bill and overall expenditure on Chelski with a view to selling it in the next couple of years. little rich boy is bored with his toy. He bought it as a play-thing unlike our owners who have bought to invest and to expand their business portfolio. Rumours have been knocking about for a while that the ruski wants out of football altogether.

I would agree with this, isn't he tied quite heavily into the Russia WC bid/campaign?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm

bluej wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that Abramovich is reducing the wag bill and overall expenditure on Chelski with a view to selling it in the next couple of years. little rich boy is bored with his toy. He bought it as a play-thing unlike our owners who have bought to invest and to expand their business portfolio. Rumours have been knocking about for a while that the ruski wants out of football altogether.

I would agree with this, isn't he tied quite heavily into the Russia WC bid/campaign?

Was this his reason for getting involved in the club in the first place?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Weird rumours. Roman is definitely football man. He has been involved one way or another with football all his life to my knowledge. I can understand that he might get tired with Chelsea, although I don't believe it, but football altogether? I don't think so.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Chelsea only wanted him as a squad player. Mind like someone else as pointed out where is Arry going to play him and in place of who as quite loaded in that position.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Just can not see Pienaar being a regular at spurs but will be a good squad player i doubt Chelsea will be too upset they missed out.

Hes got a good move due to his contract running down and the susequent cheap fee involved.I doubt either team would be moving for him if he was not available on the cheap.

Chelsea will be okay for the time being some very good players at the club but fans must be getting a little worried about Roman's reluctance to continue investing it's a while since they made a real impact in the market.
Green & Blue

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum