Balotelli - again - big gob

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Balotelli - again - big gob

Postby Blue2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am

He has set his leaving date - fuck him off now! He is obviously talented, but not as good as he thinks he is.

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has admitted he would like to join AC Milan within two years.

The Italy international, who confirmed he would not need surgery on his knee injury, joined City only last summer on a five-year deal from Inter Milan.

But the 20-year-old has already been linked with a return to Italy having met with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani on a visit home in November and the Rossoneri were on the look-out for a new striker during the current transfer window.

Instead the Serie A leaders signed Antonio Cassano after his contract dispute with Sampdoria, while City have boosted their frontline by swooping for Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg.

In Dzeko, himself and top scorer Carlos Tevez, Balotelli believes the ambitious Blues now have the world's best strikeforce.

But he admits he would relish the opportunity to link up with Cassano and his former Inter team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the Milan attack.

"Do I envy Cassano for going to AC Milan? A little," Balotelli told Italian newspaper Extra Time.

"(Milan owner) Silvio Berlusconi said that Cassano is the best Italian talent - he's wrong or doesn't know Balotelli.

Happy at City
"Me with Ibra and Cassano at Milan? It'll happen soon. For this year, and another, I will stay at City where I'm fine."

Balotelli is currently sidelined after a recurrence of the knee problem he picked up on his City debut in August.

He has not featured since scoring a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Aston Villa on 28th December and was expected to be out until the season's second Manchester derby at United on 12th February.

But the Italian star has now allayed fears he would require more surgery and he could return to action sooner than expected.

"My knee still gives me trouble but the cartilage is okay," he said. "I don't need another operation. In a few weeks I'll be back on the field."

Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Balotelli - again - big gob

Postby Beeks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

This is just a rehash of the other Balo story

I don't understand why everyone is down on Mario...you're just playing up to the press

It's not like nobody knew what he was like before we signed him...he's off his tits...

and if he's here for 2 years so what...things can change...he might grow to like it here...he might not...one thing is for sure that while he is here and fit he will bang them in for us

Everyone needs to stop being hysterical about it
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Fesan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 am

Please, please get Lukaku in! Atleast as big a talent and seems a real gentleman.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:44 am

He needs to fall madly in love with a Lancashire lass who won't leave home.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:44 am

Balotelli is passing through the club and picking up a big fat salary for doing so, that much is obvious and has been from the moment he walked in. If he's here this time next year Ill be surprised. Real question is, is he actually worth all the fuss? On the evidence of his contribution so far, Id say probably not but Im sure others will argue the case for him.

Either way, the club will somehow find the strength to go on when he does depart stage left, thankfully taking the circus act with him.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

Not a problem as long as he performs for us while he is here. Ibrahimovic won't be there for him to join up with in 2 years anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 am

Goaters 103 wrote: Real question is, is he actually worth all the fuss? On the evidence of his contribution so far, Id say probably not but Im sure others will argue the case for him.

What are you talking about?!

His goals per games is off the scale for us so far
Last edited by Beeks on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Fesan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

Sure he is hinting towards the fact that he's been here for 3/4 of a season and only played 8 matches:-)
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 am

Beeks wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote: Real question is, is he actually worth all the fuss? On the evidence of his contribution so far, Id say probably not but Im sure others will argue the case for him.

What are you talking about?!

His goals per games is off the scale for us so far

His games played is hadly off the scale though is it? The 2 goals against WBA were meaningful but that apart his contribution this season has been minimal. If/when he trots back onto the field in March we will see, but for umpteen million quid and all the press bollox and circus act we have to put up with, Id say we aren't being greedy if we wanted at least 20 games out of him. With 8 played so far, it looks like we might not get that. Hopefully he can redeem himself by scoring a Cup final winner - that would make him worthwhile.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a problem as long as he performs for us while he is here. Ibrahimovic won't be there for him to join up with in 2 years anyway.

Disagree Doug, I thought the point of signing young talent was part of a long term plan. I don't see the point in grooming him to fit into our team and then he fucks off after two years. I know players come and go, but to already have the plan to move shows a distinct lack of commitment. I really like him as well and think he could be a fantastic player for us - in the long term.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 am

I saw an article I think it was in the Guardian over the weekend where he said that he would like to join Milan in the future, but that his loyalties lay with Inter, but then again he would like to play for Napoli (are they his home town club?). The point he was making is that there are loads of places he would LIKE to play. He also said that he thought Ibra was the best player in Italy, but there are many other talents in Italy.

I don't see how that constitutes him touting himself around, but suppose it depends on whether you want to trust the level headed interview, or the sensationalist one which includes only re-hashed quotes.

He also said the press were scum in this country and had a lot to learn from Italian journalism......then all of a sudden this article appears, coincidence?

I think the press see Balo as an easy target. I know he probably never will, but I would encourage him to give the media fuck all until they start treating him on the level.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 am

I found this quite a good read

"He (Rooney) is a very good player but not the best in Manchester," Balotelli told Italian newspaper Extra Time.

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world - better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid. We are the strongest and we can win things now - we just lack conviction."

City are leading the chase of United in the Premier League title race and the derby rivals go head-to-head at Old Trafford on 12th February.

Balotelli was expected to be out until then after suffering a recurrence of his knee problem, which has sidelined him since scoring a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Aston Villa on 28th December.

But the 20-year-old has now allayed fears he would require more surgery and he could return to action sooner than expected.

The Italy international's comments are sure to anger United fans but he claims he has only felt goodwill from City's derby rivals.

"Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'," Balotelli added.

"But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care, they are wonderful with me. When they sang my name after the hat-trick, I had chills."
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blue wine » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am

for all u short minded blues

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/ ... -exclusive

dont beleave everything the press write!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Return to The Maine Football forum