Carlos aims to be the history man

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos aims to be the history man

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 pm

The chance to rewrite the history books is spurring Carlos Tevez on to new heights.

The skipper was at his inspirational best against Wolves, bagging two goals and helping turn around a shock early deficit to put the Blues clear at the top of the table, if only for a day.

Carlos is fully aware of what silverware would mean to the fans, who have taken the talismanic striker to their hearts since his arrival here in the summer of 2009, and he says:

"What I think and what I dream is to make history for this club. It’s been a long time for this club not to win a title and that’s my dream. I am not thinking about this because of what I did for United, it’s about what I can do for City.

"We are going well at the moment but we still have a lot of matches ahead of us. You can win one match and then the following you might lose. The Premier League this year is very competitive and the teams near the bottom are beating the teams at the top. It has been a very competitive season. The feeling of winning the title is with us at City.

"I have challenged myself to be the top
scorer so I am fighting every day to
keep that challenge to myself.
Hopefully I will still score many more
before the end of the season, that’s my
personal challenge."

The inclusion of Edin Dzeko on Saturday saw Carlos moved into a slightly different role, but moving out of his usual position in the middle was something Carlos was happy to do for the good of the team.

"That’s what the team needed," he adds. "I was happy to help and I did my best. Then we had to change it but I was still happy to play that way.

"I feel very comfortable playing alongside Dzeko, we have already been playing together in training but it was the first time we have played a game together, and I was very happy with how it worked out."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Carlos aims to be the history man

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Good on ya wee-man and how refreshing to hear you say you enjoy having Edin as your strike partner.

I prefer you being our 'Future Man' to be honest, but eh!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Carlos aims to be the history man

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

The words 'pinch' and 'salt' come to mind.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Return to The Maine Football forum