Boateng and Boyota

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Boateng and Boyota

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Given that these two youngsters are both still learning their trade in the Premiership, which of the two looks more likely, in the longer term, to be the better Centre Back partner for Vincent K (always presupposing we don't go out in the meantime and buy someone like Subotic, or whoever) ??

However, given the current concerns over our defence; given the periodic recurring doubts with regard to Kolo (although he might well be carrying an injury at the moment) and given Lescott's failure to consistently attain his former Everton form (Saturday's penalty incident notwithstanding), should we bite the bullet and bring either Boateng or Boyota in now......and, if so, which one ??

If I had to choose/make a decision - and without wishing to be unfair to anyone - I think I'd go for bringing Boyota back into the side straight away (starting with the Cup replay against Leicester).

Or am I rocking the boat unduly ??............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Boateng and Boyota

Postby Kladze » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm

You're rocking the boat unduly.

We have one of if not the best defences in the league. Toure and Kompany are an excellent partnership - one game doesn't change that, especially as Toure was clearly struggling with an injury.

Of the two you mentioned, Boateng / Boyata it's hard to say isn't it?

I really like the look of Boyata and yet Boateng already has international world cup games uner his belt, albeit as a left back.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Pointless question for me as it it Vinnie plus Kolo then Lescott then probably Boateng then maybe Micah.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pointless question for me as it it Vinnie plus Kolo then Lescott then probably Boateng then maybe Micah.

It's interesting, Mr H, that you consider Boyota to be that far down the pecking order......is that the overall impression you gain from watching training ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pointless question for me as it it Vinnie plus Kolo then Lescott then probably Boateng then maybe Micah.

It's interesting, Mr H, that you consider Boyota to be that far down the pecking order......is that the overall impression you gain from watching training ??

It's a mixture of my opinion backed up by what I see at training but also based on Boyata's performances this year which have been less than exciting. I just don't see mancini taking chances in the position we are in now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

It's a mixture of my opinion backed up by what I see at training but also based on Boyata's performances this year which have been less than exciting. I just don't see mancini taking chances in the position we are in now.

Boyata was superb against Chelsea, so he has talent. Boateng has not performed to 4/10 standard as yet. His performance v Leicester last week was appalling and confirmed everything that I believe is blatantly obvious about him.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 am

I'm still not convinced Bobby bought Boeteng to use him as a central defender.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sandman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm

I may be wrong here but from what I have seen I believe Boyata is ready to move on from the EDS but not quite ready for the City at the moment. (i.e. he has the ability but isnt worth the risk given how close we are to greatness)

I believe he would benefit greatly from the experience of a loan spell until summer at someone higher Championship or mid-low Premiership.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Boyata stood up to Chelsea well but should have cost us several goals with pens & at corners; he was very very lucky. In the other games he's played, he's cost us or almost cost us every single time. Potentially excellent in a few years time though. Boateng imo could be a very decent fullback in a year's time. Not sure he'll ever be a PL centre back though. If City play him at centre half in the Prem at all this season, I'll fully expect us to lose, probably by several headed goals & a fucked up backpass.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum