Sunday's Premier League Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sunday's Premier League Games

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:17 pm

rags' unbeaten run worries me. that gives them a lot of confidence. and it pisses me off too, with a team that is so shit how can they be unbeaten?!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:18 pm

colonel_muck wrote:ah well, more points dropped for them at least. joint top is good enough for this weekend.

I would've preferred a Spurs win but, I guess this will do then. Both lost points while we got three...fair enough.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Sky coverage is awful, its just a fucking RAG love fest. Andy gray is a tosser to say Rafael did nothing, he ended up being sent off for being a clumsy twat. It might not have been intentional but its a foul, so shut your fucking trap you wanker.

Ryan Giggs is an exceptional human being?? Fuckoff taggart you fucking alcoholic twat.... I love the way he can NEVER bring himself to mention us... FUCKING LOVE IT .... we are definitely getting on his nerves... noisy neighbours, how do you like them decibels this weekend Sir Dickhead
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Twobob » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:rags' unbeaten run worries me. that gives them a lot of confidence. and it pisses me off too, with a team that is so shit how can they be unbeaten?!

How fucking good would it be if we broke thier run and fucked em over - sending them on a winless streak until the end of the season!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:rags' unbeaten run worries me. that gives them a lot of confidence. and it pisses me off too, with a team that is so shit how can they be unbeaten?!

I have got a horrible feeling the scum are going to go all season unbeaten!

The usual premiership dross will turn up at the swamp and accept their customary defeat,whilst they will shut shop away from home against the good sides.

We have got to go to that shithole and have a right go at them!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Doesn't worry me. A balanced and fair review of their results would show extremely fortunate results for them.

Their good fortune will change.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Gareth Bale didn't even want the ball even when in half a pitch of free space; didn't shout so they kept going to Lennon/Hutton instead. When he did get it, his usually immaculate crossing was even worse than Adam Johnson's. Yet another rag game bottler. Cross him off the list.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Sky coverage is awful, its just a fucking RAG love fest. Andy gray is a tosser to say Rafael did nothing, he ended up being sent off for being a clumsy twat. It might not have been intentional but its a foul, so shut your fucking trap you wanker.

Ryan Giggs is an exceptional human being?? Fuckoff taggart you fucking alcoholic twat.... I love the way he can NEVER bring himself to mention us... FUCKING LOVE IT .... we are definitely getting on his nerves... noisy neighbours, how do you like them decibels this weekend Sir Dickhead

Your right about that it is sickening listening to them.. i need a bath now.

And while we are at it i rekon that Rafael ran across him on purpose to put him off or clip him as he did.. it was intentional as the spurs player had got clear of the two rags challenging and would have ben away. It was cynical and intentional and imo deserved a straight red on its own.

Another 2pts dropped for them has got to be good.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Sky coverage is awful, its just a fucking RAG love fest. Andy gray is a tosser to say Rafael did nothing, he ended up being sent off for being a clumsy twat. It might not have been intentional but its a foul, so shut your fucking trap you wanker.

And while we are at it i rekon that Rafael ran across him on purpose to put him off or clip him as he did.. it was intentional as the spurs player had got clear of the two rags challenging and would have ben away. It was cynical and intentional and imo deserved a straight red on its own.

Deserved a red on it's own?
Give over, you can't seriously think that. It wasn't anywhere near last man and wasn't that close to United's box. A foul yes, yellow card, debatable but not even the most biased of fans can think that was worthy of a red alone.
If one of our players was sent off for that I take it you'd have no complaints then?
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 pm

[quote="Ted Hughes"]Gareth Bale didn't even want the ball even when in half a pitch of free space; didn't shout so they kept going to Lennon/Hutton instead. When he did get it, his usually immaculate crossing was even worse than Adam Johnson's. Yet another rag game bottler. Cross him off the list.[/quote

I was really disappointed in him as I thought he is the one player that can open up the rags defence but even when they had no RB, he did nothing of value. In fact as you say Ted, he almost disappeared in the last 15 mins. Fuckin spuds, they never perform when you want them to.

And I really hate that goal difference that keeps the rags above us. Thought we were closing the gap yesterday but managed somehow to throw it away. Here is hoping that Dzeko will be the man who will make up the deficit for us.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

cancel it then.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Call me a coward, but I was actually hoping for a draw in this game. We gain two on both teams. Spurs are now 8 points behind with a game in hand,and Chelsea 7. Yes, we should go for the league, but I can't help looking over my shoulders in regards to that Champions league spot.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Deserved a red on it's own?
Give over, you can't seriously think that. It wasn't anywhere near last man and wasn't that close to United's box. A foul yes, yellow card, debatable but not even the most baised of fans can think that was worthy of a red alone.
If one of our players was sent off for that I take it you'd have no complaints then?

Well maybe i'm being a bit biased ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:01 pm

A draw was what I was hoping for. 2 points dropped by both sides which leaves us 4 and 5 points above 4th and 5th respectively, if they win their game in hand. That's 2 games that they've got to win and we'd have to lose for them to get above us.

1 Man Utd 21 45
2 Man City 23 45
3 Arsenal 22 43
4 Chelsea 22 38
-----------------------
5 Tottenham 22 37

As for the Rag and Arse, we just keep putting pressure on and hope they crack. We've got an equal or better squad on paper and this is where they come to the fore.

Will the Arse let slip like they usually do?

Will the Rags ageing and injury prone players be able to last the course, especially having to fit in those 3 games in hand?

I don't know the answers but I'm pretty sure we've got the ammo to go to the end of the season with more points than anyone else. And if that fails, I'd suggest we're assured of CL football, which is the goal for this season, is it not?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
I was really disappointed in him as I thought he is the one player that can open up the rags defence but even when they had no RB, he did nothing of value. In fact as you say Ted, he almost disappeared in the last 15 mins. Fuckin spuds, they never perform when you want them to.

And I really hate that goal difference that keeps the rags above us. Thought we were closing the gap yesterday but managed somehow to throw it away. Here is hoping that Dzeko will be the man who will make up the deficit for us.

I think it's probably a good thing to get as far away from Spurs as possible so a draw will do me tbh. It just annoys me though; to see teams ALWAYS uderperform because they're pyched out playing the rags, just like we were.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Just watching La Liga and Real have just conceded the first goal to Almeria, which has happened on a number of occasions this season. Seeing as we know that 'The Special One' is defence first I'm just wondering if he acually has a say on the way Real play or he just picks the Galactico's and simply lets them do what they want?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:24 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

cancel it then.

Then what would I moan about!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

cancel it then.

There wouldn't be half the talk on here if it wasn't for Sky.

Anyway, I was reliably informed that you were back from France, why the location, is it 'cos it looks better than Crumpsall ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

cancel it then.

lol
you could moan about people moaning about sky!
9secondlegend

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm

from the same person who told me ours was a shit point and points lost at arsenal he has just text me that it was an excellent result fo united today.
9secondlegend

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum