Your thoughts??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Your thoughts??

Postby plee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Well I've been supporting city since day one, and have been accused by ppl over here of being a glory hunter... I have to say I was quite insulted, but at least ppl over here now cab recognize a city shirt. They might even be in the sports shops soon the way we are going
plee
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Cityfan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:52 pm

I cannot understand the mentality of someone who crticises someone they don't know else purely based on the team they support outside a purely footballing context.
This extends to all supporters for me including devil worshipers.
People slag off the far East utd fans but in practice how many have met many of them?
I worked in the far East for several years, one of the people I worked with heard I was from Manchester and started asking me about football, he was a keen Utd fan and had been since they had been touring the area several times in the sixties. I met him shortly before they started enjoying their current success under baconface, he was not there for the glory. I talked a lot of football with him ( slightly limited as his English was better than my Chinese though not good). I went to a lot of the local football matches with him and met his family, he was a really good bloke. I even forsook my principles and bought him memorabilia on returns to Britain. In those days the massive marketing had not hit the far East.
What put me off the scum a bit more though was that towards the end of my time he was unwell with cancer and dying, United were touring and tickets were hard to get I wrote to old trafford to see if he could get access to a local training session or something explaining the situation and recieved no reply.
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 am

The whole essence of this club from its very inception has been one of reaching out to the World.
From its humble beginnings as a church footie team, it very quickly sought to outdo its nearest rivals, Gorton Villa, to represent all of West Gorton.
Within a few years, it had grown to represesent Gorton and after a brief flirtation as Ardwick, the club was pushing itself as the Manchester club.
Maine Road was originally planned to eventually hold 100.000 and by the 1930s 0ver 85,000 attended an FA Cup tie.
Manchester City was born of ambition, stopped only by WW2 and then the subsequent poor stewardship of the 1980s onwards.
To be ambitious may be new to this generation of fans but ambition and expansion were always part of our heritage.
Those 85,000 fans didn't all come from St Marks, they were attracted by City's success.

So what is new?
Today. Global TV offers city a chance to reach out as never before. For me, the more the merrier. If Noolie, Antti, Doomie, Flo, Dazzler and others have accepted our invitation...WELCOME. We are merely continuing our journey that began in a little local church....CLIMB ABOARD.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum