Worst City in England for Football considering size

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Worst City in England for Football considering size

Postby city72 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Durham not only is it a city but also a county
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:Wakefield - a city? Come off it! I refuse to accept that.

Using far more realistic population stats that I plucked out of thin air/made up, I'd say Bristol or Carlisle.

Wakefield!!? Hahaha. You lot are mental.

Your refusal to accept that Wakefield is a City does not stop it being true........and neither does it stop some of us from being mental!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 pm

blues-clues wrote:
uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:Wakefield - a city? Come off it! I refuse to accept that.

Using far more realistic population stats that I plucked out of thin air/made up, I'd say Bristol or Carlisle.

Your refusal to accept that Wakefield is a City does not stop it being true........and neither does it stop some of us from being mental!

I would never discourage the latter, especially as it proves (to me) that the former is some sort of insane, group hallucination.

Wakefield! The place got a vicar once, and someone thought it was worth writing a book about. It's just a crap town. Although I did read that it's the rhubarb capital of the UK somewhere (true story), so maybe I'm wrong. Or mental.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

I would never discourage the latter, especially as it proves (to me) that the former is some sort of insane, group hallucination.

Wakefield! The place got a vicar once, and someone thought it was worth writing a book about. It's just a crap town. Although I did read that it's the rhubarb capital of the UK somewhere (true story), so maybe I'm wrong. Or mental.

To qualify as a City though you just have to have a Cathedral, so places like Wakefield, Winchester, and even Wells (pop 10,000) count as Cities. Warrington, Widnes and Wigan do not so it is nothing to do with having a name that starts with W.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm

blues-clues wrote:
uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

To qualify as a City though you just have to have a Cathedral, so places like Wakefield, Winchester, and even Wells (pop 10,000) count as Cities. Warrington, Widnes and Wigan do not so it is nothing to do with having a name that starts with W.

I know. I actually googled it thinking 'I bet it hasn't even got a cathedral, that'll show him!' and then saw that it has. Bollocks. I'd stangle my cat in a fit of pique if I hadn't already strangled it in a similar incident earlier this month.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Busted.

Look, I just cut and pasted those numbers from a website ok
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Patrick wrote:Busted.

Look, I just cut and pasted those numbers from a website ok

Yeah well you nearly got me into a whole load of trouble..... just as well nobody is taking this thread too seriously !
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Redna » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank's for responding mates. I had a feeling that Bristol would be among the worst but if it is a City/Borough/Metropolitan Area? I really don't understand the difference.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 am

Three teams in Wakefield, surely? Wakefield bloody Trinity, three in one.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum