Carlos Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlos Tevez

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Can I just throw into the argument that in my opinion Tevez shifting wide to fit in the new lad kind of shows he aint the selfish git we're all comforting ourselves by thinking he is to make him leaving a softer blow if he does.

Carlos is a team player, the hardest working forward in the world. He also scores a hat ful and sets a few up. Sometimes when theres not much on he'll go on a dribble, like today and last season against Wigan I think it was. Thank god he does because he turns games in an instant when theres fuck all else going on.

To summise, I love Carlos and would gladly babysit his babies while he shagged my missus.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:57 pm

David Silva > Carlos Tevez
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Can I just throw into the argument that in my opinion Tevez shifting wide to fit in the new lad kind of shows he aint the selfish git we're all comforting ourselves by thinking he is to make him leaving a softer blow if he does.

Carlos is a team player, the hardest working forward in the world. He also scores a hat ful and sets a few up. Sometimes when theres not much on he'll go on a dribble, like today and last season against Wigan I think it was. Thank god he does because he turns games in an instant when theres fuck all else going on.

To summise, I love Carlos and would gladly babysit his babies while he shagged my missus.

Tevez started wide and shifted everywhere, he was unmarkable
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:David Silva > Carlos Tevez

You're having a laugh.

Silva is quality, but there is Tevez is the man and we all know it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sheikhermaker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

You're having a laugh.

Silva is quality, but there is Tevez is the man and we all know it.

As already said, best striker in the world Tevez, I'm in no doubt about that. The stats speak for themselves, and thats why his style of play isn't an issue.

As for Silva > Tevez, do you really think Silva would look as good without players like Tevez around him?
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beeks » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 am

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
edge275 wrote:If anyone fancies a laugh, have a look at page 7 onwards

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28123&hilit=vassell&start=150

I must admit...it was funny.....I think your term "lickers" will go down in mancityfans.net folklore history.

as apposed to you MAN LICKERS

Most definitely.....you lot need to make up something original....lickers is "our" term that we dished out....well it was Edge but he was in my gang ;).
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:I agree but somewhere around the 50 million mark would be acceptable.
Quality player none the less but if he is off at the #end of the season.
Fook you carlos.
Not a team in the world who isn't destin for glory other then mcfc atm.
But i think he will stay.

why £50m? Why not £80m? If we win the league, it will be down to our captain mostly with the rest of the team backing him up.

No team in the world will pay 80 million pound for a player in the for see able future.
It's madness.
But for the goals he scores, he's 'constantly' working the opposition side, be it in midfield and defence.
And comes up with the goods at the front.
Cannot ask for more then that.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 am

For such a small bloke, the way he shields and holds the ball is amazing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:31 am

He's great
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:10 am

Think the reason we mention Silva with Tevez is he hadn't played for a couple of games. The absence
points out how important he is too us. But let's face it, Tevez is the man!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:14 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/68247.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

I read the full interview somewhere but can't find it now..

As well as what he said above, in the full one he says he doesn't "owe" the fans for the disagreement he had with the club and all he will do is continue to give everything and score as many goals as possible.

Bit strange really, because he mentions that he had discrepencies with Mancini, which is a lot more believable than the shite we were served.

If I had to put my money on it, now that a few things have happened since then, I'd say Tevez and Mancini's relationship had come to a head and Kia used the situation to get at Cook through the transfer statement. Mancini and Tevez then sorted it out, man to man and the rest of this bollox was swept aside. Just my opinion, but like I said, it makes perfect sense after Tevez' freak out at the Bolton game, right before the whole debacle.

Anyway, if he keeps playing like he's playing, I hope he stays here until the day he retires.

I love Silva, but anyone who thinks he's already "greater" or more important than Tevez is off their fucking head.
Original Dub

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 pm

@SkySportsbucko:
According to reports in Spanish daily Marca, Real Madrid have had 'informal contact' with Manchester City regarding a loan deal for striker Carlos Tevez. The reports also claim that City would want the deal to be made permanent in the summer for a fee in the region of £33million if they were to accept the loan offer.

Where the fuck do they dream this shit up from.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/68247.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

I read the full interview somewhere but can't find it now..

As well as what he said above, in the full one he says he doesn't "owe" the fans for the disagreement he had with the club and all he will do is continue to give everything and score as many goals as possible.

Bit strange really, because he mentions that he had discrepencies with Mancini, which is a lot more believable than the shite we were served.

If I had to put my money on it, now that a few things have happened since then, I'd say Tevez and Mancini's relationship had come to a head and Kia used the situation to get at Cook through the transfer statement. Mancini and Tevez then sorted it out, man to man and the rest of this bollox was swept aside. Just my opinion, but like I said, it makes perfect sense after Tevez' freak out at the Bolton game, right before the whole debacle.

Anyway, if he keeps playing like he's playing, I hope he stays here until the day he retires.

I love Silva, but anyone who thinks he's already "greater" or more important than Tevez is off their fucking head.

He said himself quite catagorically that the problem wasn't with Mancini. He also initially said that the problem was homesickness, then that it was with someone above Mancini & now he appears to be suggesting it was with Mancini. Two words; Kia Joorabchian.

In view of the absolute shite he keeps coming out with though, I'll take everything he says with a pinch of salt & just hope, rather than expect, that he'll be here next season. Won't hold my breath though. In the meantime, he could win us the title.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ashton287 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:51 pm

80 MILLION MY ARSE

More like 85. World transfer record.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:58 pm

He's fucking barmy but I honestly don't really care. I'm pretty optimistic that he'll still be here next season....he is terribly advised and not very bright IMO though so I'm not even trying to decipher what may have happened during the hiatus. He doesn't need to apologise, just needs to keep performing for us like he did on Saturday. The ovation he got told him all he needs to know about being appreciated and he has as much chance of success here as pretty much anywhere else.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 pm

ant london wrote:He's fucking barmy but I honestly don't really care. I'm pretty optimistic that he'll still be here next season....he is terribly advised and not very bright IMO though so I'm not even trying to decipher what may have happened during the hiatus. He doesn't need to apologise, just needs to keep performing for us like he did on Saturday. The ovation he got told him all he needs to know about being appreciated and he has as much chance of success here as pretty much anywhere else.

There's no arguing with any of that.

If there was, I would.
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Carry on Carlos,dont worry your pretty little head.

;-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Surprised no one has picked up on the apparent Real Madrid change of heart

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4552/9/real-madrid-plot-move-tevez-after-van-nistelrooy-deal-blocked

I know it's talkSh*te but it's news today.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

zuricity wrote:Surprised no one has picked up on the apparent Real Madrid change of heart

trueblue64 wrote:@SkySportsbucko:
According to reports in Spanish daily Marca, Real Madrid have had 'informal contact' with Manchester City regarding a loan deal for striker Carlos Tevez. The reports also claim that City would want the deal to be made permanent in the summer for a fee in the region of £33million if they were to accept the loan offer.

Where the fuck do they dream this shit up from.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum