Carlos Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlos Tevez

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Best striker in the world... Fucl fact
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm sure it's an ego thing as well for Carlos. By not passing the ball he's asserting his superiority on the rest of the team and showing Dzeko who's number 1.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Then he mounts him and rubs his gonads on edins inner child
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 pm

dazby wrote:I'm sure it's an ego thing as well for Carlos. By not passing the ball he's asserting his superiority on the rest of the team and showing Dzeko who's number 1.

Did I mention that I think Tevez is one of the best "team" players I've seen at City in my lifetime too?

There is no way on this Earth that the above statement is true.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:I'm sure it's an ego thing as well for Carlos. By not passing the ball he's asserting his superiority on the rest of the team and showing Dzeko who's number 1.

Did I mention that I think Tevez is one of the best "team" players I've seen at City in my lifetime too?

Nah, I think you're full of shit too. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:

While I don't believe it to be true, what I have to admit is that at times he does try to do it all by himself instead of passing to a better positioned teammate; take the shot just over the bar in the first half, he could have corssed it for Dzeko instead, and if he had done that well we might have scored.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm

dazby wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Nah, I think you're full of shit too. ;-)

I think its fantastic that we have such a mutual understanding of each other :)
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm

I doubt that seriously, depending where he is playing he is good as seeing the pass and setting others up.. if he is playing support for a striker then he does that job well and unselfishly. If he has the remit to get goals then he goes all out to get them, and it is in that role and attitude that i wish he would use others more sometimes when there are clear options. Minor criticism but i stand by it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

While I don't believe it to be true, what I have to admit is that at times he does try to do it all by himself instead of passing to a better positioned teammate; take the shot just over the bar in the first half, he could have corssed it for Dzeko instead, and if he had done that well we might have scored.

And herein lies the problem. Tevez only missed by a cunt hair as it was. Might have, might not have etc... at the moment, and until I see differently, I would rather have Tevez shoot 9 times out of ten than any other player on the team, in and around the box.

That said, if it means sliding it to another player who is almost certain to score, I'm all for it. But Tevez has done that on several occasions already.

Every top striker in world football is guilty of what some are trying to accuse Tevez of. Every single one of them. The only time I will have a problem with it is when it was a far easier option to slide it to a player who had pretty much an open goal in front of him and I absolutely refuse to believe Tevez will do/does that regularly.
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:30 pm

A massive reason whwy we are where we are right now is Carlos Tevez.He is a star and when we need him to he runs and runs and just makes things happen.Sometimes he just creates panic but on others he gets chances and scores a fair ratio.

I have no doubt on occasion he is a little greedy but he is a goalscorer.Tell me a quality goalscorer who isn't a bit greedy?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A massive reason whwy we are where we are right now is Carlos Tevez.He is a star and when we need him to he runs and runs and just makes things happen.Sometimes he just creates panic but on others he gets chances and scores a fair ratio.

I have no doubt on occasion he is a little greedy but he is a goalscorer.Tell me a quality goalscorer who isn't a bit greedy?

Egg zactly.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 pm

"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:02 pm

no problem with him being greedy when in the box, but when he's 30yds out with back to goal and still won't release it, it can be infuriating. However, still the most important player we have and sets a lot of the tempo of the way we play.

That aside, i haven't clapped his name since the transfer saga and not sure I ever will, especially since he's never said a thing to the fans about it. Think he's staying for the bonus and with the agreement he can go for a reasonable fee (c£50m) in summer
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 pm

edge275 wrote:If anyone fancies a laugh, have a look at page 7 onwards

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28123&hilit=vassell&start=150

My word..... <shakes head and walks away with a knowing smile>
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 pm

The greatest player ive ever seen wear the shirt. In the top 3 best strikers in the world. His first goal today was like Maradonna, his second was like a Shearer header, he shoots and scores from anywhere, has a hell of a strike, and has possibly the most intensive, high tempo work rate ive ever seen in an attacking player.
He is an unbelievable footballer. Without Tevez, we'd not even be in the top 4 imo.

VIVA TEVEZ!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Why Mancio takes him off I will never know. The lads fuckin' Heaven Sent and we are just not the same when he comes off.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why Mancio takes him off I will never know. The lads fuckin' Heaven Sent and we are just not the same when he comes off.

obviously thought it was job done at 4-1 and didnt want to risk any injuries
Wonderwall

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28123&hilit=vassell&start=150

I must admit...it was funny.....I think your term "lickers" will go down in mancityfans.net folklore history.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Why Mancio takes him off I will never know. The lads fuckin' Heaven Sent and we are just not the same when he comes off.

obviously thought it was job done at 4-1 and didnt want to risk any injuries

But that's it, aint it mate. We've done it before and struggled, so it''s the rest who need to step-up to the plate.

No complaints really though, the points are in the bag. It was like having KK back in charge, non-stop end-to-end play, bring it on!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I must admit...it was funny.....I think your term "lickers" will go down in mancityfans.net folklore history.

as apposed to you MAN LICKERS
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum