Carlos Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos Tevez

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:01 pm

For all the shite with his week long transfer saga, where the FUCK would we be without this guy right now.

He is EVERYTHING I love about football and the finest player I have ever seen in my lifetime wear the shirt.

Wow.
Original Dub

Re: Carlos Tevez

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 pm

LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM

Louder mate louder!!!
Original Dub

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Great, great player.

Only criticism is sometimes tries to do TOO much.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beeks » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:04 pm

We just can't afford to let him go in the summer

He is the heartbeat of this team

If he really wants to go he's worth at least 80mil
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Beeks wrote:We just can't afford to let him go in the summer

Fucking right and that was the figure the club gave when all that shit was going on. He is as important to us (or to any perspective buyer, lets face it!) as fake Ronaldo was to the rags when he fetched 80m.

He absolutely has to be in the top three again for prem player of the season for the second year running. Hopefully he'll win it this time.
Original Dub

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I agree but somewhere around the 50 million mark would be acceptable.
Quality player none the less but if he is off at the #end of the season.
Fook you carlos.
Not a team in the world who isn't destin for glory other then mcfc atm.
But i think he will stay.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Hes unplayable at times.Its truly amazing the amount of work he puts in off the ball.

Such an influential player i really do hope he leads us out in the champions league next season.That's what he wants i reckon and we are on our way to it now.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

paulmclaren wrote:I agree but somewhere around the 50 million mark would be acceptable.
Quality player none the less but if he is off at the #end of the season.
Fook you carlos.
Not a team in the world who isn't destin for glory other then mcfc atm.
But i think he will stay.

why £50m? Why not £80m? If we win the league, it will be down to our captain mostly with the rest of the team backing him up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mike J » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Beeks wrote:We just can't afford to let him go in the summer

he's priceless to us. will be a massive blow if we lose him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

As I just put in the match thread he has to realise now he has the support he was bitching about. He doesn't have to do it all by himself. He could have had 1 goal and 3 assists instead of 2 goals, no assists.

Great player.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 pm

obviously our best attacking player and the heartbeat of the team but i have a feeling carlos will leave in the summer. makes you wonder why, he's playing his best football with us and earning lots of money.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

dazby wrote:As I just put in the match thread he has to realise now he has the support he was bitching about. He doesn't have to do it all by himself. He could have had 1 goal and 3 assists instead of 2 goals, no assists.

Great player.

Dazby, you got it wrong mate on this occasion. Come on, think about what you're suggesting to a player who has just scored a brace!

He is the best finisher we have ever had probably - certainly in my lifetime - so I would rather trust him taking the shot than passing it if given a choice.

He has assists to his name. When he knows for a fact its the best thing to do.
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:For all the shite with his week long transfer saga, where the FUCK would we be without this guy right now.

He is EVERYTHING I love about football and the finest player I have ever seen in my lifetime wear the shirt.

Wow.

Great player but i wont forgive him for what he did. Really tarnished everything for me (and ruined two days of my holiday) with his little transfer request thingy. Was excellent again today though.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:As I just put in the match thread he has to realise now he has the support he was bitching about. He doesn't have to do it all by himself. He could have had 1 goal and 3 assists instead of 2 goals, no assists.

Great player.

Dazby, you got it wrong mate on this occasion. Come on, think about what you're suggesting to a player who has just scored a brace!

He is the best finisher we have ever had probably - certainly in my lifetime - so I would rather trust him taking the shot than passing it if given a choice.

Which bit have I got wrong Dub? In the first half he took an improbable shot that went close but the pass was by far the higher percentage option. There were other opportunities in the first half that have escaped my memory. For his wondergoal, passing to Dzeko would have given him an open shot. Had the keeper been of a higher quality he'd of saved it.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 pm

dazby wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Great player.

Which bit have I got wrong Dub? In the first half he took an improbable shot that went close but the pass was by far the higher percentage option. There were other opportunities in the first half that have escaped my memory. For his wondergoal, passing to Dzeko would have given him an open shot. Had the keeper been of a higher quality he'd of saved it.

Come on now mate, stop digging.

The bit you got wrong was you advising Tevez to stop doing what he was doing. Thank fuck he didn't.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Are you serious Dub? Nothing breeds disharmony in a team like a player hogging the ball. We want our forwards to get themselves in positions to score. If Tevez keeps this up the rest of the team will stop as soon as he gets it, we'll get static, and it'll be a case of no Tevez no City.

Having said that, I'm sure he'll get used to playing with another striker pretty soon.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Great player.

i've been saying what Dazby said for a while now.. and it is a difficult call, but he would be even better player if sometimes he was able to realise the early pass would be the better option. A while back it didn't matter because there were less player getting into good positions, but since we have started to get it together in attack it has become more of an issue. Ok he got two, one was him at his best and pure brilliance, but that still doesn't take away the point or the argument that he could also have had an assist or two and maybe as important he could have spread play at the outside of the area when he ended up going nowhere or even letting play break down. It is a bit of a minor thing in the grand scheme but he would be even better imo if he could head up and spray the ball around.. like he does when he comes deep.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I want strikers to take the shot on though, I think if he starts looking for the best option every time, he will lose his edge and quite frankly I think his performance today outside of the goals he scored and the passes he didn't make was worthy of MotM.

Walks into any side in the world, how many players have we got who can do that? That's right, ONE.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:31 pm

dazby wrote:Are you serious Dub? Nothing breeds disharmony in a team like a player hogging the ball. We want our forwards to get themselves in positions to score. If Tevez keeps this up the rest of the team will stop as soon as he gets it, we'll get static, and it'll be a case of no Tevez no City.

Having said that, I'm sure he'll get used to playing with another striker pretty soon.

Hopefully, otherwise he can fuck off with his selfish play ;-)
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum