Referee Quartet today [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Referee Quartet today [merged]

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:53 pm

ryanmcfc wrote:Why don't they have TV cameras on the goal line? Seems like it's an obvious thing to do.

I don't think anyone's thought of it yet
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Five goals in the second half. 30 seconds per goal added on is the rule for goals and subs of which they're were 6 so that's over 5 that should have been played.

wolves 3rd goal looked over the line from where I was sitting which is parralel to sticks.

Ref was poor today. But not at fault any of our defensive frailties.

If the refs are so against us, why have we had more pens than any other team
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Five goals in the second half. 30 seconds per goal added on is the rule for goals and subs of which they're were 6 so that's over 5 that should have been played.

wolves 3rd goal looked over the line from where I was sitting which is parralel to sticks.

Ref was poor today. But not at fault any of our defensive frailties.

ross.mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:

Because we are fouled in the box!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 pm

The ref was shit, however, he was right on the penalty and the goal (I sit in line with it). Saying that, he just couldn't wait to give everything to Wolves and nearly had Joe for not kicking the ball yet turned a blind eye when they were 1-0 up.

Couldn't believe there were NO yellow cards, did Mason forget we're supposed to be the dirtiest team in the league?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:03 am

I don't have a problem with the goals, what annoys me is the way refs allow players simply to jump into other players rather than attempt to play the ball. The obstructions. Then that little git hunt , thinks he can barge into zabs from behind and barge him over the line with blatant pushing from behind !

Wolves played well and took advantage of many decisions not being made though

The reminded me of ever ton, constant niggling fouls trying to upset city's flow.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 am

I think he may have got the big decisions right but he got a lot of the small ones wrong, a common theme in City games; the number of 50/50 & even 70/30 decisions going against us. We are getting penalised for the kind of offences which aren't being called against the opposition & it's happening in every game. Refs are also being lenient when there's violent conduct against us but giving our players cards. This isn't in my imagination; it's happening. Similarly with dissent & kicking the ball away.

The Milner incident with the ball over the line was very very dodgy as there's no way the linesman can be sure at all; he just gave it anyway. Not right.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The Milner incident with the ball over the line was very very dodgy as there's no way the linesman can be sure at all; he just gave it anyway. Not right.

I agree; just for comparison, the other week there was a similar incident in a Roma game; Riise got the ball in a similar position to Milner, but the ball, as the replays later showed, had crossed the line completely, so it was out of play; quite evidently too, I'd add. Linesman and ref saw nothing wrong with that though, he crossed the ball and Roma scored. Quite a different way to judge a similar situation, isn't it? I know it's different leagues and all, still I think that when the refs and their assistants are not sure, the rule book says they should let the play continue; this applies both to balls out of the pitch, offsides, and balls crossing the goal line (or not). There's no way yesterday they could have been 100% sure of the third goal and the Milner incident.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 am

It was Mason - what did people expect???

Have you not been watching his previous performances when reffing us?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:44 am

I still don't get the 5 minutes, although someone on the prevoius page said its due to goals, subs and injuries.

Well, the physios didn't come on the pitch once, so that bollocks about injuries

There were 5 substitutions, which is 2.30

I wasn't aware that additional time was allowed for scoring goals. In fact, I remember in particular the United / BLackeye game, there was 2 minutes added, and there were 6 goals in the 2nd half.

The 5 minutes was pretty blatent cheating to me - unless someone can point out the rule where the ref adds 30s per goal
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum