Referee Quartet today [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Referee Quartet today [merged]

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm

What the fuck was that about?
Ball didn't cross the fucking line for their third. Then they gave goalkick against Milner without ball crossing the line. And then the five minute added on.

Now I'm not one to moan about individual poor decisions but that was just too much. Ferguson must've paid them well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Referee Quartet today

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Don't tell me you think certain refs and media are biased against us???

Of fucking course they are and those who call the rest of us paranoid for noticing it are fucking blind AND ignorant. This is happening again and again and again.

Horse shit. We play against 12 men at least every other week.
Original Dub

ref wow

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice try ref... cunt

Not one to moan usually but Fuck me they tried their best between them to screw us over.

Pen - maybe
Goal - no way
5 mins - pmsl
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:What the fuck was that about?
Ball didn't cross the fucking line for their third. Then they gave goalkick against Milner without ball crossing the line. And then the five minute added on.

Now I'm not one to moan about individual poor decisions but that was just too much. Ferguson must've paid them well.
Not to mention that in the first half he gave them all the 50/50 contacts. I agree that the ref and his assistants were biased today, there's no way they could have got all those decisions against us otherwise.

Original Dub wrote:Don't tell me you think certain refs and media are biased against us???

Of fucking course they are and those who call the rest of us paranoid for noticing it are fucking blind AND ignorant. This is happening again and again and again.

The Italian commentator said one thing that made m think, we are 2nd (now top) in the league, and we are the team with most fouls and cards; doesn't this tell the media something about how biased refs are against us?
Last edited by CityFanFromRome on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Esky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Completely agree with all of that.

Before anyone says the penalty was contentious though, it wasn't. Lescott fouled him.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

[highlight]Ball didn't cross the fucking line for their third[/highlight]. Then they gave goalkick against Milner without ball crossing the line. And then the five minute added on.

Ball didn't cross the line? How far away from the telly do you sit Antii? you need to move closer mate .........
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Kladze wrote:
[highlight]Ball didn't cross the fucking line for their third[/highlight]. Then they gave goalkick against Milner without ball crossing the line. And then the five minute added on.

Ball didn't cross the line? How far away from the telly do you sit Antii? you need to move closer mate .........

I sit pretty close and after three replays I'm still not sure it crossed the line completely.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

I sit pretty close and after three replays I'm still not sure it crossed the line completely.

I thought it was a clear goal before the ref even gave it.

We all see things differently I s'pose :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: Referee Quartet today [merged]

Postby david yearsley » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Incompetence personified Mr Mason - or you´re just a cheat!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

the replay I saw was pretty inconclusive, I thought the officials had to be 100% sure it was across the line before they can give it!! Fucking russian linesman
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

whaaaaa whaaaa whaaaa, we have more than enough of everything to despatch teams like wolves. Today we let the result become something that bad decisions could have influenced - thats our fault.... some days we get the luck, some days we dont.

Man up
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Kladze wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

you do understand that whole ball needs to cross the line? It looked absolutely nothing like that. But hey, linesman and the ref both agree with you.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Patrick wrote:whaaaaa whaaaa whaaaa, we have more than enough of everything to despatch teams like wolves. Today we let the result become something that bad decisions could have influenced - thats our fault.... some days we get the luck, some days we dont.

Man up

If decisions are poor, then you gotta call them out Patrick, shit linesman today and shit refereeing too. Say what you see as Roy Walker once said
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Kladze wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

you do understand that whole ball needs to cross the line? It looked absolutely nothing like that. But hey, linesman and the ref both agree with you.

I've been playing and watching football for a good few years more than you Antii. I don't think I need a 'refresher' on the rules - thanks all the same.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Patrick wrote:whaaaaa whaaaa whaaaa, we have more than enough of everything to despatch teams like wolves. Today we let the result become something that bad decisions could have influenced - thats our fault.... some days we get the luck, some days we dont.

Man up

hmmm, it really did seem they had it in for us today Patrick. We only started getting decisions once we scored our fourth.

No way was the third over the line.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BadKompany » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

No issue with the penalty,Lescott is a big clumsy cnut.

No issue with the 5mins,goals,subs and allowances for stoppages.

Ball over line? i still aint sure

However,the ref certainly gave them the lions share...........
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: The Business

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:Don't tell me you think certain refs and media are biased against us???

Lookmum is the main culprit there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby shawzy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:19 pm

I can live with the goal decision crossing the line, it was the little things that pissed me off......When they gave a goal kick when Milner had it on the line....The 5mins added on was nearly as bad as the swamp Fergie time. Tsk.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Bear60 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I watched it in a pub full of fucking rags their everwhere ffs and when that 5 mins was added I almost burst a blood vessel where the fuck did they get that from ?
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm

But thats the point I'm trying to make.....

Shit decisions happen....

Football decisions are still very subjective and until the governing bodies accept technology has a part to play that's the way they will be. I do not for one moment believe that any professional ref or official has it in for city, they call it as they see it, right or wrong and that's called football, the same problem has been recurring since the game started. Sometimes it goes for us, sometimes it doesn't.

Refs calls bad or good are no fuckling excuse for not destroying a team like wolves at home.... Fact
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum