Jo - Everyone Calm Down!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jo - Everyone Calm Down!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:00 am

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:And he's going to get it unless he improves. At some point he will start to get stick at the ground unless he improves & unlike some players, who I've seen in the past have had shit for not very much (going all the way back to Ian Bowyer), if Jo gets shit, it will be very difficult to say why he doesn't deserve it. The onus is on him, to do better.

What a brilliant idea! I'm sure that's going to give him all the confidence in the world! He'll be on fire then!!

I understand where you're coming from, but firstly Ted aint saying he is going to boo him - just that the crowd in general are getting restless, which from my observations in recent weeks is a fact. You cannot unconditionally support a player who effectively leaves us down to 10 men, and if the crowd get on his back, he can react in one of two ways, man up and start playing or go hiding.

Its the manager's job to ensure he mans up, he is not, never has and in my opinion never will man up, the guy is a fucking pussy. Therefore its Mancini's fault for sticking with him, the crowd's grumbles HAVE to have a bearing on Mancini's selection because he can clearly see what we can - eventually the farce of picking Jo will be as bad as Hughes' stubborn refusal to drop Robinho.

As a seperate issue, I am hearing rumours that Dzeko is on the bench, that will cheer the Jo haters up
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:And he's going to get it unless he improves. At some point he will start to get stick at the ground unless he improves & unlike some players, who I've seen in the past have had shit for not very much (going all the way back to Ian Bowyer), if Jo gets shit, it will be very difficult to say why he doesn't deserve it. The onus is on him, to do better.

What a brilliant idea! I'm sure that's going to give him all the confidence in the world! He'll be on fire then!!

I understand where you're coming from, but firstly Ted aint saying he is going to boo him - just that the crowd in general are getting restless, which from my observations in recent weeks is a fact. You cannot unconditionally support a player who effectively leaves us down to 10 men, and if the crowd get on his back, he can react in one of two ways, man up and start playing or go hiding.

Its the manager's job to ensure he mans up, he is not, never has and in my opinion never will man up, the guy is a fucking pussy. Therefore its Mancini's fault for sticking with him, the crowd's grumbles HAVE to have a bearing on Mancini's selection because he can clearly see what we can - eventually the farce of picking Jo will be as bad as Hughes' stubborn refusal to drop Robinho.

As a seperate issue, I am hearing rumours that Dzeko is on the bench, that will cheer the Jo haters up

Well if sideshow Bob starts, it's an opportunity for him, in a game v one of the bottom teams, to go off to cheers rather than boo's when Dzeko eventually comes on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:10 am

wow
a website where we are not allowed to slag players off!!
great idea!
we could call it www.mcfc.co.uk
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's not an idea you fucking knobhead, it's a fact. At a game, I've never given a player shit in my life & would prefer it not to happen but over the years, I've been around a few million others who have done (yes we did have booing before the internet). Most of the time, it's been unfair but in the case of some players, their performances have made it almost inevitable. At the moment our league position is keeping Jo relatively safe from it but sooner or later Jo is heading for severe shit unless he pulls his socks up or Bob dumps him.

I hope you will boo Teves when he plays shit too !

What's the point of booing any player ? That really helps them doesn't it !

Edin going to get in the neck too if he doesn't turn up today?

Come on , we could win a game 6-0 and some people on the site would still find a scapegoat for something or other.

As far as Jo is concerned, he draws players away allowing teves and silva to weave their magic, he is inplace to score tap ins.He's been seen tracking back and defending on many occasions. Sure I don't like the fact that he easily goes to the ground, but Bellamy was always on his arse too, hand in the air bitching and moaning to the ref. At least Jo doesn't set the ref against us like Bellamy did.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby french_tony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:17 am

Ive still got faith in the lad and am writing off the Leicester game (most of the team were shit).
Mancini spends all day with him and obviously has spotted something otherwise he wouldn't be playing him so much, so in Bob (thats Mancini not Sideshow Bob) we trust. With RSC and Ade on the move its also pretty likely he'll keep playing.

I do think a lot of it is down to confidence and I do believe/hope that once he gets a league goal he'll eradicate much of the shitness out of his game which i think is a lot to do with nerves and trying too hard and thinking too much when on the ball.

But there is something there, he's got good technique, a great crosser of the ball, quite quick and decent enough in the air. We just need to see some of that finishing quality that he showed in Russia.

Come on Jo lad, bag a hat trick today!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:19 am

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's not an idea you fucking knobhead, it's a fact. At a game, I've never given a player shit in my life & would prefer it not to happen but over the years, I've been around a few million others who have done (yes we did have booing before the internet). Most of the time, it's been unfair but in the case of some players, their performances have made it almost inevitable. At the moment our league position is keeping Jo relatively safe from it but sooner or later Jo is heading for severe shit unless he pulls his socks up or Bob dumps him.

I hope you will boo Teves when he plays shit too !

What's the point of booing any player ? That really helps them doesn't it !

Edin going to get in the neck too if he doesn't turn up today?

Come on , we could win a game 6-0 and some people on the site would still find a scapegoat for something or other.

As far as Jo is concerned, he draws players away allowing teves and silva to weave their magic, he is inplace to score tap ins.He's been seen tracking back and defending on many occasions. Sure I don't like the fact that he easily goes to the ground, but Bellamy was always on his arse too, hand in the air bitching and moaning to the ref. At least Jo doesn't set the ref against us like Bellamy did.

Have you bothered reading any of the fucking thread or do you just pick out random posts & interpret them in your own way even after they've been clearly explained?

To repeat: I DON'T BOO ANYONE, I DON'T LIKE IT. Others do & will do with Jo if he plays badly & some DID give it Tevez when he was shit a few weeks ago.

You are seriously comparing his performances to Bellamy's btw? Fucking hell.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:19 am

french_tony wrote:Ive still got faith in the lad and am writing off the Leicester game (most of the team were shit).
Mancini spends all day with him and obviously has spotted something otherwise he wouldn't be playing him so much, so in Bob (thats Mancini not Sideshow Bob) we trust. With RSC and Ade on the move its also pretty likely he'll keep playing.

I do think a lot of it is down to confidence and I do believe/hope that once he gets a league goal he'll eradicate much of the shitness out of his game which i think is a lot to do with nerves and trying too hard and thinking too much when on the ball.

But there is something there, he's got good technique, a great crosser of the ball, quite quick and decent enough in the air. We just need to see some of that finishing quality that he showed in Russia.

Come on Jo lad, bag a hat trick today!

I don't think it's a goal he's missing. A goal isn't going to help him trap a ball within his 1st 3 touches. Nor is it gonna help him win an aerial battle with a lead boot wearing midget.

It's ability he needs, not a goal.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:20 am

There are two prevalent points in this thread, one of which I agree with and one I don't. First of all I agree completely that getting on a player's back is counter productive. Being booed and heckled by our fans has been the point of no return for City careers (Samaras, Symons) and even football careers (Edghill). It's pointless and, this being a sensible site, I doubt anyone would dispute that.

I have to take issue with the second point though. Jo does not work hard. Reminds me of a mate of mine who won't get on a loose ball even when it's 70/30 in his favour. If he wants respect, he needs to be making more than a token effort when challenging for the ball. At this rate, he'll be gone soon and will be remembered as nothing more than another McManawoman. Now that he's been given a chance to redeem himself, it's up to him to show the footballing world what he's capable of at this top level. I trust Mancini's judgment. So should Jo, and play with a bit of heart.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 am

No Ted sorry not to confuse, that was meant to be plural you and not a singular. Perhaps I should have said , you lot.....
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:There are two prevalent points in this thread, one of which I agree with and one I don't. First of all I agree completely that getting on a player's back is counter productive. Being booed and heckled by our fans has been the point of no return for City careers (Samaras, Symons) and even football careers (Edghill). It's pointless and, this being a sensible site, I doubt anyone would dispute that.

I have to take issue with the second point though. Jo does not work hard. Reminds me of a mate of mine who won't get on a loose ball even when it's 70/30 in his favour. If he wants respect, he needs to be making more than a token effort when challenging for the ball. At this rate, he'll be gone soon and will be remembered as nothing more than another McManawoman. Now that he's been given a chance to redeem himself, it's up to him to show the footballing world what he's capable of at this top level. I trust Mancini's judgment. So should Jo, and play with a bit of heart.

Tbh, I thought Jo did really well at Fulham & I could see a place for him in the scheme of things but rather than go on from there, he seems to have gone backwards & has barely put in a decent performance since. If he plays today, he really needs to produce something.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:27 am

zuricity wrote:No Ted sorry not to confuse, that was meant to be plural you and not a singular. Perhaps I should have said , you lot.....

Fair enough but I'm not one of the 'lot' that will be booing Jo, he's only ever had encouragement from me when I'm at the ground. I do the criticising on here, which is a much better idea imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 am

I keep waiting, sometimes expecting, for Jo to turn into the so called 18 million pound striker that he is, and I guess, I'll keep on waiting and, sometimes, expecting.

One point though, this thread is just far to late. The word is 'Dzeko'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:There are two prevalent points in this thread, one of which I agree with and one I don't. First of all I agree completely that getting on a player's back is counter productive. Being booed and heckled by our fans has been the point of no return for City careers (Samaras, Symons) and even football careers (Edghill). It's pointless and, this being a sensible site, I doubt anyone would dispute that.

I am not a fan of booing or heckling an individual, as I was behind the goal the day Edghill scored the own goal past Weaver and to see him in tears was heartbreaking - particularly as he was one of our own.

However, having said that......with the players you named, it wasn't because of temporary form they were criticised, it was because they were shit. If you go and watch someone serve up shit every week, you have every right to voice your disapproval, and if it leads to a shit player leaving the club, then boo fucking hoo - does it make the club weaker, does it hell.

At its core, the treatment of shit players is simply following natures law of natural selection - we are all animalistic, and it is human nature to push the weakest out of the group by any means necessary - seeing as we can't pick the side, voicing disapproval and putting pressure on the player and manager is the only way fans can do that.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

You are a cunt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I keep waiting, sometimes expecting, for Jo to turn into the so called 18 million pound striker that he is, and I guess, I'll keep on waiting and, sometimes, expecting.

One point though, this thread is just far to late. The word is 'Dzeko'.

Fair point that about turning up, Ade is the same. In Edin we have the perfect striker, he knows exactly what it means to achieve success. This guy is going to explode onto the scene during the run in.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 am

9secondlegend wrote:wow
great idea!
we could call it http://www.mcfc.co.uk

Well a 'slagging' forum is about right as no one actually 'discusses' Jo its just a competition to see who can heap the most abuse on him. Trouble is when you have called Jo a useless cunt umpteen different ways it all gets a bit redundant so yeah maybe calming down is not a bad shout.

But if you feel you have to post and vent then do so in a fetching green font and remember to wipe the flecks of spittle off your screens as it can be a bastard to get off when dry.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 am

BobKowalski wrote:
great idea!

Well a 'slagging' forum is about right as no one actually 'discusses' Jo its just a competition to see who can heap the most abuse on him. Trouble is when you have called Jo a useless cunt umpteen different ways it all gets a bit redundant so yeah maybe calming down is not a bad shout.

But if you feel you have to post and vent then do so in a fetching green font and remember to wipe the flecks of spittle off your screens as it can be a bastard to get off when dry.

Thank you!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:41 am

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

You are a cunt.

I don't remember what I did to you, but whatever it was it was worth it.

Grow up ffs.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

BobKowalski wrote:
great idea!

With all due respect, thats utter bollocks. After a game, there may be several hundred people who view this forum, and if they have all seen a cunt, why would they not call it as having seen a cunt. It might get boring to you, but the fact is that if the majority are saying he is a cunt, the likelihood is, he is a cunt (or at the very least, a shite player)

Fact is, forums are for fans to air their views. We might not all agree, but i'd much rather people did it on here, than screaming blue murder and abuse at the guy during the game like they did at Edghill.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

You are a cunt.

I don't remember what I did to you, but whatever it was it was worth it.

Grow up ffs.

Grow up?? "It's not an idea fucking knobhead...." Yeh okay mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum