Jo - Everyone Calm Down!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jo - Everyone Calm Down!

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am

Leave the fuckin guy alone for crying out loud!! Some of the hypercritical bullshit from people on here with "I'd never get on a players back" but then in every other post bring him up as being shit is crazy! He's not a very good player; brilliant we all know that! FFS give it a rest though. You can't blame him for being picked. It's the manager that puts him in! He was shite against Leicester. Brilliant! So was half the team!
Maybe with a bit of confidence he might play a little better. He's been in positions where he'd have got a fair few goals if Mario/Tevez/Johnson had passed to him for an easy tap in. Maybe it would be a different story then.

I haven't heard him booed at a match as of yet, but I don't think it'll be too long until he is. Always hear people shouting crap at him, but never full on booing.

Look, it's safe to say he won't be here next season, but while he is can we not cut him a bit of slack? It's not as if he doesn't try. He gets in to some decent positions. But you can't blame him personally for being picked ahead of RSC/Ade/some kid from the academy. He doesn't make that decision himself.

I would love for him to prove everyone wrong. Really would. I don't think it's going to happen but while he's still a City player and still wearing the City shirt maybe we could cut him a bit of slack?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Jo - Everyone Calm Down!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 am

he's also usually asked to play out of position, or worse, just fills in wherever there's a gap. No position is his own and we've seen what can happen with players who don't have a standard position.

He wouldn't be in anyone's first 11, but there's 14 places in the squad for players who aren't first choice. As soon as we have a kid come through who's good enough to take his place, great, but, till then, he's all we've got, as I doubt Messi would be happy with a place on our bench.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:he's also usually asked to play out of position, or worse, just fills in wherever there's a gap. No position is his own and we've seen what can happen with players who don't have a standard position.

He wouldn't be in anyone's first 11, but there's 14 places in the squad for players who aren't first choice. As soon as we have a kid come through who's good enough to take his place, great, but, till then, he's all we've got, as I doubt Messi would be happy with a place on our bench.

Exactly! Pictures of a Simpsons character in every fuckin thread is getting a bit old now. Let the guy just get on with doing his job.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am

Sorry, but he's shit. Offers nothing and falls over himself 5 times a game.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:19 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Sorry, but he's shit. Offers nothing and falls over himself 5 times a game.

Who's disputing that?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:32 am

I hope he plays today :-)
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:35 am

shawzy wrote:I hope he plays today :-)

So do I - c'mon Jo lad!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 am

Spurge wrote:

So do I - c'mon Jo lad!

Are you on crack? I want our forwards spots given to players that score goals or create goals. Jo creates misery and groans.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 am

How much fucking slack does he need? Jesus H Christ! He regularly plays like utter shite in side that's supposed to be going for the title & STILL doesn't get abuse yet you want even more fucking slack! What, we're not even allowed to discuss the fact that he's been fucking useless or have a laugh about it; just meekly accept it & say nothing? Like fucking sheep or rags?

Bollocks to that, it's a fucking discussion board for fucks sake; it's what we're here for. If he plays well, there'll be a thread on here with people praising him for it, if he's fucking cack, he'll get stick on here & deserves to.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:How much fucking slack does he need? Jesus H Christ! He regularly plays like utter shite in side that's supposed to be going for the title & STILL doesn't get abuse yet you want even more fucking slack! What, we're not even allowed to discuss the fact that he's been fucking useless or have a laugh about it; just meekly accept it & say nothing? Like fucking sheep or rags?

Bollocks to that, it's a fucking discussion board for fucks sake; it's what we're here for. If he plays well, there'll be a thread on here with people praising him for it, if he's fucking cack, he'll get stick on here & deserves to.

Steady on fella as per the thread title 'calm down' you're gonna give yourself some health probs at this rate.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:09 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Spurge wrote:

So do I - c'mon Jo lad!

Are you on crack? I want our forwards spots given to players that score goals or create goals. Jo creates misery and groans.

No however I might ask if you are? Whats all this tracking back stuff beiong overated.

When I played the game I viewed people who didn't track back as either not understanding the game or being self centred and by default a bit of a dick
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:How much fucking slack does he need? Jesus H Christ! He regularly plays like utter shite in side that's supposed to be going for the title & STILL doesn't get abuse yet you want even more fucking slack! What, we're not even allowed to discuss the fact that he's been fucking useless or have a laugh about it; just meekly accept it & say nothing? Like fucking sheep or rags?

You my friend are talking shite as usual.
I appreciate that people come on here to discuss all things MCFC. And that's what we've done with Jo. And we've called him crap/shit/lazy/useless/Sideshow Bob/etc, but to continue the name calling over and over and over and over it gets pretty boring don't you think? Especially when it's one of our own.
I'm guessing 1. You didn't read my post properly 2. You don't go to many matches?
As I stated, "haven't heard him booed at a match as of yet, but I don't think it'll be too long until he is. Always hear people shouting crap at him, but never full on booing."

It's okay though, you've got your 'legends' status so you can of all people can act all high and mighty around here.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:18 am

Mase wrote:

I appreciate that people come on here to discuss all things MCFC. And that's what we've done with Jo. And we've called him crap/shit/lazy/useless/Sideshow Bob/etc, but to continue the name calling over and over and over and over it gets pretty boring don't you think? Especially when it's one of our own.
I'm guessing 1. You didn't read my post properly 2. You don't go to many matches?
As I stated, "haven't heard him booed at a match as of yet, but I don't think it'll be too long until he is. Always hear people shouting crap at him, but never full on booing."

It's okay though, you've got your 'legends' status so you can of all people can act all high and mighty around here.

What the fuck?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bleedBlue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 am

Mase wrote:Leave the fuckin guy alone for crying out loud!! Some of the hypercritical bullshit from people on here with "I'd never get on a players back" but then in every other post bring him up as being shit is crazy! He's not a very good player; brilliant we all know that! FFS give it a rest though. You can't blame him for being picked. It's the manager that puts him in! He was shite against Leicester. Brilliant! So was half the team!
Maybe with a bit of confidence he might play a little better. He's been in positions where he'd have got a fair few goals if Mario/Tevez/Johnson had passed to him for an easy tap in. Maybe it would be a different story then.

I haven't heard him booed at a match as of yet, but I don't think it'll be too long until he is. Always hear people shouting crap at him, but never full on booing.

Look, it's safe to say he won't be here next season, but while he is can we not cut him a bit of slack? It's not as if he doesn't try. He gets in to some decent positions. But you can't blame him personally for being picked ahead of RSC/Ade/some kid from the academy. He doesn't make that decision himself.

I would love for him to prove everyone wrong. Really would. I don't think it's going to happen but while he's still a City player and still wearing the City shirt maybe we could cut him a bit of slack?

Thanks for posting this. Our coach demands a lot from his players, and i believe that he plays Jo because of what he sees in training. All that is needed now is for Jo to replicate his training form into a PL game. He could have had a couple of goals by now if his selfish teammates had only passed the ball for an easy tap-in.
I was never a huge fan of Jo until i saw him practice and play in the USA last summer. I was, quite honestly, very impressed with his awareness and distribution skills. I thought he's was one of our most technically gifted players, after seeing him in practice. was looking forward to seeing big things from him this year. He needs to get his confidence back, and i think it will come soon. . Like Mancini, don't sleep on Jo. He's young and has to still come to terms with the Premier League physicality and speed. But within the next year he'll be there. And guess what fellows... He's NOT going anywhere...Mark my words.... He has the right attitude, a hard worker and the skills, which makes him Mancini's kind of player...Maybe AJ can learn something from him.
bleedBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Weiss, Nimely, Boyata, AJ

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 am

Mase wrote:

He was booed 2 years ago vs Hull when we won 5-1

And aside from that, I agree with your point that he doesnt choose the team and its the manager who should attract the criticism for picking him, however he has been given a very fair crack of the whip this season - as he was in his first year, and as he was at Everton and has shown nothing - yet we have just shunted RSC out the door without even giving him the slightest chance.

Bob may be playing a master stroke, it could be that the faith he is showing may be rewarded as Jo finally learns to adapt to the Englush game after 3 seasons with game time.......but that looks a million miles from happening, and I fail to see why the fans should put up with seeing this guy fail week after week when we have numerous other options, or even academy players who could be blooded instead and play no worse.

He is a professional footballer on the biggest stage in world football, I don't give a shit what he earns but he chose to come to city for a reason, and he is failing to deliver. If I failed to deliver to my customers week after week for 3 years in my job, I would be subject to complaints and be out the door. He is no different and is not immune to criticism.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

He was booed 2 years ago vs Hull when we won 5-1

And aside from that, I agree with your point that he doesnt choose the team and its the manager who should attract the criticism for picking him, however he has been given a very fair crack of the whip this season - as he was in his first year, and as he was at Everton and has shown nothing - yet we have just shunted RSC out the door without even giving him the slightest chance.

Bob may be playing a master stroke, it could be that the faith he is showing may be rewarded as Jo finally learns to adapt to the Englush game after 3 seasons with game time.......but that looks a million miles from happening, and I fail to see why the fans should put up with seeing this guy fail week after week when we have numerous other options, or even academy players who could be blooded instead and play no worse.

He is a professional footballer on the biggest stage in world football, I don't give a shit what he earns but he chose to come to city for a reason, and he is failing to deliver. If I failed to deliver to my customers week after week for 3 years in my job, I would be subject to complaints and be out the door. He is no different and is not immune to criticism.

And he's going to get it unless he improves. At some point he will start to get stick at the ground unless he improves & unlike some players, who I've seen in the past have had shit for not very much (going all the way back to Ian Bowyer), if Jo gets shit, it will be very difficult to say why he doesn't deserve it. The onus is on him, to do better.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:And he's going to get it unless he improves. At some point he will start to get stick at the ground unless he improves & unlike some players, who I've seen in the past have had shit for not very much (going all the way back to Ian Bowyer), if Jo gets shit, it will be very difficult to say why he doesn't deserve it. The onus is on him, to do better.

What a brilliant idea! I'm sure that's going to give him all the confidence in the world! He'll be on fire then!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 am

Spurge wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Spurge wrote:

So do I - c'mon Jo lad!

No however I might ask if you are? Whats all this tracking back stuff beiong overated.

When I played the game I viewed people who didn't track back as either not understanding the game or being self centred and by default a bit of a dick

That my friend is a little joke between me and another poster having a laugh when Robinho was here. It's called a sense of humour.

That said Jo could track all the way back to the day he scored in the CL and he'd still be shit.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:46 am

Spurge wrote:

Steady on fella as per the thread title 'calm down' you're gonna give yourself some health probs at this rate.

Ted's words ring through with me if someone is starting games and is contributing next to nothing why not have a go at him?

Great he trys hard but his effort alone does not cut it if his performance is absolutely pathetic.He's not on the same wave length as any of his team mates and consistently fails to get the basics right.

If Tevez was performing like Jo he would be getting it to from the fans, lets face it Jo deserves the stick.

Why should we not question his selection or debate his frustrating performances?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 am

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:And he's going to get it unless he improves. At some point he will start to get stick at the ground unless he improves & unlike some players, who I've seen in the past have had shit for not very much (going all the way back to Ian Bowyer), if Jo gets shit, it will be very difficult to say why he doesn't deserve it. The onus is on him, to do better.

What a brilliant idea! I'm sure that's going to give him all the confidence in the world! He'll be on fire then!!

It's not an idea you fucking knobhead, it's a fact. At a game, I've never given a player shit in my life & would prefer it not to happen but over the years, I've been around a few million others who have done (yes we did have booing before the internet). Most of the time, it's been unfair but in the case of some players, their performances have made it almost inevitable. At the moment our league position is keeping Jo relatively safe from it but sooner or later Jo is heading for severe shit unless he pulls his socks up or Bob dumps him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum