bellers arrested for assault

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bellers arrested for assault

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 am

actually agree wi most of that goaters. think the problem is we keep seeing jo playing with no sign of ade or rsc and bellers in cardiff.

difficult to understand the thinking behind that.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 am

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:actually agree wi most of that goaters. think the problem is we keep seeing jo playing with no sign of ade or rsc and bellers in cardiff.

difficult to understand the thinking behind that.

Agree with you on Jo Arjan, he's awful. Not sure what Mancini sees in him apart from the fact that he will gladly pick up a wage and not create a stir when he's not playing. RSC is possible slower though and runs like he's in treacle; Adebayor has clearly been marked as a bad egg and to be shipped out, as on a talent basis he is way above Jo and RSC, but it seems again he's proved himself to be trouble in the dressing room and to be moved out as he can't be a good squad player with his attitude.

Bottom line, we have to trust the manager and hope he comes up with a top 4 spot and, unbelievably though it sounds, a Cup win - with our squad we should be looking at winning the FA or Europa League this year.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i find this sad. I love Bellers and hope that he has done nothing that wasn't in self-defense.

Ultimately, the REAL difference to our chances in the title tilt this season, i fear, will be that Bellamy was exiled. And we'll never know, will we?

sad.

cheers

What on earth in Bellamy's career history, now a good 13 years long, indicates he would be "the difference" in a title tilt? He's gone through 9 clubs and hasn't won a carrot ... not one single winners medal .... nothing. He couldn't even win a bloody medal with Celtic, thankfully jinxing them in to a last day collapse.

He is a good player with talent no doubt, but is a) always injured or coming back from injury, b) always involved in some sort of controversy, which invariably is of course never his fault, and c) never ends up winning a bloody thing.

what on earth? well...have you been watching our side all season? Have you seen our lack of width and finishing prowess? Have you seen matches where no one took the one opportunity we had to make a difference and snatch a goal or make the final ball count from a sweet pass into the box to someone roaming free and looking for a ball?

that's what i've seen...

Let me put it this way...if Bellers had the shot that Milner had vs Arsenal it's likely he would have put it on target to at least force a save. And there are numerous matches where that kind of thing could have made a difference.

that's "what".

cheers

Dear oh dear. Milner is a far better player in this squad for now, and for the next 5 years as opposed to Bellamy, so lets get that out of the way first. Different types of players granted, but Milner will prove a shrewd purchase in the long run, especially given that he replaced the one season wonder but sadly, serial basket case that was Stephen Ireland.

As for been watching our games this season, yep - seen every one, most of them in person. Do we have to go through what building a squad involves, and dealing with troublesome personalities in a dressing room again? Have you been watching us this season, and I mean really watching formations, flow of the game and our performances away from home?

There's far too many rose-tinted spectacles on Bellamy; yes he is talented, but he is also oft-injured, poison in a dressing room and wouldn't have been happy being in and out of the team. Mancini knew this and made the right decision in shipping him out for the overall good.

There are numerous games Bellamy would have missed due to his creaky knees, several newspaper whinges about not been played/respected/trained too much etc, and also plenty of games he would have gone missing in too. Look at Bellamy's career history, examine the many clubs he's been through and all the bust-ups and try to pick up the obvious theme from it.

Mancini knew exactly what he was doing in shipping him out - think bigger picture and you'll get it to.

Cheers

So just to be clear you would prefer a comfy dressing room and an easier ride for Mancini in building squad chemistry than seeing bellamy playing instead of Jo? I'd prefer the best players on our books to be on our roster. So silly of me.

I would have preferred that Mancini would have done the hard work of some man management and get Bellamys head straight so that we could have a very good squad player available who offers something that no one on the squad has.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: I would have preferred that Mancini would have done the hard work of some man management and get Bellamys head straight so that we could have a very good squad player available who offers something that no one on the squad has.

That's all well and good but look at the list of managers who have tried, and failed, to deal with Bellamy. Rioch (disciplinarian) had run ins with him, Sir Bobby Robson (manmanager if there ever was one and a grandad figure) couldn't deal with him at all, Souness (as hard/harsh disciplinarian as there can possibly be) had to get rid off him after he threatened to feign injury and had beaten up their first team coach, Benitez (well his manmanagement is a joke but another semi-succesfull manager) couldn't control him, he had run in with Zola (hard to think nicer man in the game).

I probably even forgot few there. That's some list right there. You can't say that these weren't good manmanagers and different approaches hasn't be tried on him. Almost all of them failing. Bellamy is decent player but certainly not worth that sort of trouble.

While I'm not happy to see clown like Jo there playing for us, I think Mancini did the right thing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i find this sad. I love Bellers and hope that he has done nothing that wasn't in self-defense.

Ultimately, the REAL difference to our chances in the title tilt this season, i fear, will be that Bellamy was exiled. And we'll never know, will we?

sad.

cheers

What on earth in Bellamy's career history, now a good 13 years long, indicates he would be "the difference" in a title tilt? He's gone through 9 clubs and hasn't won a carrot ... not one single winners medal .... nothing. He couldn't even win a bloody medal with Celtic, thankfully jinxing them in to a last day collapse.

He is a good player with talent no doubt, but is a) always injured or coming back from injury, b) always involved in some sort of controversy, which invariably is of course never his fault, and c) never ends up winning a bloody thing.

what on earth? well...have you been watching our side all season? Have you seen our lack of width and finishing prowess? Have you seen matches where no one took the one opportunity we had to make a difference and snatch a goal or make the final ball count from a sweet pass into the box to someone roaming free and looking for a ball?

that's what i've seen...

Let me put it this way...if Bellers had the shot that Milner had vs Arsenal it's likely he would have put it on target to at least force a save. And there are numerous matches where that kind of thing could have made a difference.

that's "what".

cheers

Dear oh dear. Milner is a far better player in this squad for now, and for the next 5 years as opposed to Bellamy, so lets get that out of the way first. Different types of players granted, but Milner will prove a shrewd purchase in the long run, especially given that he replaced the one season wonder but sadly, serial basket case that was Stephen Ireland.

As for been watching our games this season, yep - seen every one, most of them in person. Do we have to go through what building a squad involves, and dealing with troublesome personalities in a dressing room again? Have you been watching us this season, and I mean really watching formations, flow of the game and our performances away from home?

There's far too many rose-tinted spectacles on Bellamy; yes he is talented, but he is also oft-injured, poison in a dressing room and wouldn't have been happy being in and out of the team. Mancini knew this and made the right decision in shipping him out for the overall good.

There are numerous games Bellamy would have missed due to his creaky knees, several newspaper whinges about not been played/respected/trained too much etc, and also plenty of games he would have gone missing in too. Look at Bellamy's career history, examine the many clubs he's been through and all the bust-ups and try to pick up the obvious theme from it.

Mancini knew exactly what he was doing in shipping him out - think bigger picture and you'll get it to.

Cheers

So just to be clear you would prefer a comfy dressing room and an easier ride for Mancini in building squad chemistry than seeing bellamy playing instead of Jo? I'd prefer the best players on our books to be on our roster. So silly of me.

I would have preferred that Mancini would have done the hard work of some man management and get Bellamys head straight so that we could have a very good squad player available who offers something that no one on the squad has.

Nobody can get Bellamy's head straight, about 15 managers have tried ffs.

You really dont get it do you?

Cheers
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote: I would have preferred that Mancini would have done the hard work of some man management and get Bellamys head straight so that we could have a very good squad player available who offers something that no one on the squad has.

That's all well and good but look at the list of managers who have tried, and failed, to deal with Bellamy. Rioch (disciplinarian) had run ins with him, Sir Bobby Robson (manmanager if there ever was one and a grandad figure) couldn't deal with him at all, Souness (as hard/harsh disciplinarian as there can possibly be) had to get rid off him after he threatened to feign injury and had beaten up their first team coach, Benitez (well his manmanagement is a joke but another semi-succesfull manager) couldn't control him, he had run in with Zola (hard to think nicer man in the game).

I probably even forgot few there. That's some list right there. You can't say that these weren't good manmanagers and different approaches hasn't be tried on him. Almost all of them failing. Bellamy is decent player but certainly not worth that sort of trouble.

While I'm not happy to see clown like Jo there playing for us, I think Mancini did the right thing.

Agh! Finally I can say.....

"This! ,"

I didn't want city to sign Bellamy, but we did. He's blown hot and cold at city and I don't think he would have helped us this season either. I'm glad he's not part of the squad.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:16 am

Bellamy was not loaned directly out for footballing reasons. In fact for those who cant see further than the end of their nose it is quite likely we may have sneaked one in against Scum or Arse if he was here. But Bobby is trying to build something bigger than short-termism. Bellers has always been a nuisance, and these constant digs about the training, high-fiving it with the likes of Moyes who had a scuffle with our manager, Dodgy Arry who just effectively knocked us out of the CL and such suggest he cant help but work against team spirit and the common good.

So it's quite simple with Bobby - and I believe the chairman - you either buy into the squad or you fuck off, we dont want you. Notice how Tevez, SWP, Bridge and even Adebayor(and Bellamy) have now shut the fuck up. I dont quite know how the club did it but they have. I think they are being very, very ruthless toward the target of future and sustained success under Mancini. Not cow-towing to any player.

And I think it's the way, as results suggest.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:01 pm

If Bellers had been five or more years younger I think Mancini would have tried to sort him out - Bobby's a ruthless fucler though (thank gawd he's our ruthless fucler), so it just wasn't worth it to him in the bigger picture. I think it's a shame really because we could have used him this season and I think we'd be sitting with a higher points total if he was in the squad. It's Bobby's team though, and he's paid to make those choices not me.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Did he have his golf clubs with him ??

Probably takes them everywhere. Done pretty well for a little fellow if he's twatted them without his golf clubs tbf.

I think it's disgraceful though & Cardiff should cancel his loan deal send him back to City immediately.

Ha ha, yes please!
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 pm

zuricity wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Agh! Finally I can say.....

"This! ,"

I didn't want city to sign Bellamy, but we did. He's blown hot and cold at city and I don't think he would have helped us this season either. I'm glad he's not part of the squad.

Dead right as usual.

Only joking, you're a fucking lunatic.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum