Spot the Difference v Wolves

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spot the Difference v Wolves

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:
blues-clues wrote:Unlike Balotelli, I think Dzeko will fit straight into the squad, already seem to have a few mates here and the transition from the German game is different to the transition from the Italian game. Frankly I reckon he will slot straight in as an out and out centre forward, this will give Tevez room to drop a little deeper, as he prefers to do anyway. Dzeko can then receive and hold the ball and provide service to Tevez, Silva, Milner, Yaya, Johnson etc as they follow up..... That's if he doesn't just turn and bury it in the net himself.. Cannot wait. This is the missing piece. Its about time we had a few 6-0 and 7-0 score lines!

What are you basing Balotelli not fitting in the squad, on?

OK, Balotelli is undoubtedly talented but I don't believe we have found the best way to use him yet, his injuries and suspensions have not helped him to become a part of the team. I am not convinced his game and Carlos' game are ideally suited. I am not convinced that his personality makes it easy for him to integrate easily. From the introductory videos the club have release, Dzeko seems more comfortable on day one than Balotelli does 6 months in.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Is Silva even fit for Wolves?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:06 pm

blues-clues wrote:
blues-clues wrote:Unlike Balotelli, I think Dzeko will fit straight into the squad, already seem to have a few mates here and the transition from the German game is different to the transition from the Italian game. Frankly I reckon he will slot straight in as an out and out centre forward, this will give Tevez room to drop a little deeper, as he prefers to do anyway. Dzeko can then receive and hold the ball and provide service to Tevez, Silva, Milner, Yaya, Johnson etc as they follow up..... That's if he doesn't just turn and bury it in the net himself.. Cannot wait. This is the missing piece. Its about time we had a few 6-0 and 7-0 score lines!

OK, Balotelli is undoubtedly talented but I don't believe we have found the best way to use him yet, his injuries and suspensions have not helped him to become a part of the team. I am not convinced his game and Carlos' game are ideally suited. I am not convinced that his personality makes it easy for him to integrate easily. From the introductory videos the club have release, Dzeko seems more comfortable on day one than Balotelli does 6 months in.

I suppose it would be nice to read reports of Balotelli being best mates with everyone, and laughing through tears of joy after every goal, but he does bang em in. It's a patchy start to his City career, which makes his goal tally all the more impressive imo. He'd be a pretty odd character anywhere, it's just the way he is. If it means he'll be off soon I'll be gutted, but it doesn't bother me now as he's doing exactly what we pay him for. As for fitting in with Tevez, I believe those two are easily good enough to play well together, it'd be nice to see it more often.

Some ncie fluffy stuff from teh club re Dzeko's first few days doesn't mean he'll hit the ground running and be as prolific as Balo. I was a bit worried by some of McClaren's comments that 'he'll have to work harder in England'; he might not have too much time to step up the grade before some folk turn on him.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:44 pm

blues-clues wrote:

I suppose it would be nice to read reports of Balotelli being best mates with everyone, and laughing through tears of joy after every goal, but he does bang em in. It's a patchy start to his City career, which makes his goal tally all the more impressive imo. He'd be a pretty odd character anywhere, it's just the way he is. If it means he'll be off soon I'll be gutted, but it doesn't bother me now as he's doing exactly what we pay him for. As for fitting in with Tevez, I believe those two are easily good enough to play well together, it'd be nice to see it more often.

Some ncie fluffy stuff from teh club re Dzeko's first few days doesn't mean he'll hit the ground running and be as prolific as Balo. I was a bit worried by some of McClaren's comments that 'he'll have to work harder in England'; he might not have too much time to step up the grade before some folk turn on him.

I've mentioned on here that we need to get Dzeko off to a good start if he's to be a success this season but from his interviews I think he seems really keen on this move; a lot moreso than the media led us to believe. I recon he's going to really put an effort in when he gets his chance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm

i wonder if we will play dzeco in the manchester cup on tuesday,just to get some play time in
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Just hope, because of his build, we don't regard Dzeko as simply a battering ram, hoofing the ball up to him at every occasion Big Fat Sam style (shudders at the recollection of when we had Niall Quinn in the team).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just hope, because of his build, we don't regard Dzeko as simply a battering ram, hoofing the ball up to him at every occasion Big Fat Sam style (shudders at the recollection of when we had Niall Quinn in the team).

I know what you mean...
But at the same time, I am certain Mancini will tell them to not do so. He will tell them to play our own game...
AND when finally in some matches we find ourselves in 0-0 situation at home after 85mins, when we anyway start to hoof the ball up - I'm glad we have big boy up front.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:13 pm

With Silva not fit Id fo for this.

............Hart.............
Micah..Kolo...Komps..Zab
..........De Jong...........
MIlner....Yaya.......Barry
.......Tevez.......Dezeko.

Both Milner and Barry can play through the middle or down the flanks making it ver difficult to know when and where we will hit them.
Yaya can also hold or bomb forward and we have two up front without sacrificing the midfield like some of the lineups Ive seen. Anyone who thinks we'll play 3 up top and AJ or Silva needs their head read IMO.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby 1950 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 pm

blues-clues wrote:Cannot wait. This is the missing piece. Its about time we had a few 6-0 and 7-0 score lines!

Jesus, talk about ridiculous expectations!
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: د.إ

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 am

I think the big deal about Dzeko is not so much how mancini will set the team up but the options he has to change things as the game develops.
Initally we saw lots of substitutions in order to chnage tactics, now I expect that he'll be more able to leave the same players on and move them around.
It also means we will have options, right, left, through the middle and over the top. With Silva pulling the strings as the brains, I am looking forward to some fun.
However, please give the guy time to lace his boots before passing judgment.

Coincidentally....In 67-68, Mercer said Francis Lee was his last bit of jigsaw...Debut???....versus Wolves (H)!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Sheikhermaker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 am

I must admit I love the optimism of people who think Dzeko will be an instant hit because he has come from the Bundesliga. Those who have been on Boateng's back might want to think about this.

Shit like this takes time, and to quote a classic,

'Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime, is on our siiiide, yes it is,
Searching for good times,
but just wait and see....'
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:50 am

Sheikhermaker wrote:I must admit I love the optimism of people who think Dzeko will be an instant hit because he has come from the Bundesliga. Those who have been on Boateng's back might want to think about this.

Shit like this takes time, and to quote a classic,

'Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime, is on our siiiide, yes it is,
Searching for good times,
but just wait and see....'

I think there's an optimism that he may just be able to stick the ball in the net, and convert some of these 20-30 chances we get in home games. Tevez is pretty wasteful, and Balotelli is always injured.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sheikhermaker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:17 am

I'm not doubting he'll do well for us, and I can't wait to see him play. I just think that too much pressure too soon won't be good for him. It'll be a while til we see the best of him but it is very exciting to add him to what is already a potent attack. Can't wait to see Dzeko play for us. Fuclin come on city!
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 am

Sheikhermaker wrote:I must admit I love the optimism of people who think Dzeko will be an instant hit because he has come from the Bundesliga. Those who have been on Boateng's back might want to think about this.

Well we have another two who came from Germany, Vinnie and De Jong...and both look the best in the league in their position, plus while they have definitely improved since they came, they were never poor to begin with; on the contrary they were always pretty good. Boateng is a different case, but he's had the World Cup and then the injury to fuck up his preseason, plus maybe he's just a different type of person from Vinnie and De Jong and he needs more time to adapt, this can happen.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:37 am

pepsi_dave wrote:Assuming all are fit, I would like to see this.... If Balotelli isnt fit, then stick silva out on the left, push Yaya up into the middle and stick barry alongside nige!

-----------------Hart-------------------

Zabba-----Kolo-----Vinny-----Kolarov

---------De Jong-----Yaya-------------

Tevez----------Silva----------Balotelli

----------------Dzeko------------------

I think that this is close - the only difference I think you might see (and I know this will be unpopular) is Boateng at RB.

His performances must be the major disappointment to Mancini this season. that said it was clear that he bought Kolorov and Boateng to be the attacking FBs that can put in good crosses - something Micah cannot do and not a big strength of Zabba (who has been a star) - I would not be surprised to see Mancini persist with Boateng now that Edin is here - for the change to work well there needs to be the option of balls into the box that he can then eaither lay off or try to score from

Not saying this is what I would do - but what I think Mancini might
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:Assuming all are fit, I would like to see this.... If Balotelli isnt fit, then stick silva out on the left, push Yaya up into the middle and stick barry alongside nige!

I think that this is close - the only difference I think you might see (and I know this will be unpopular) is Boateng at RB.

His performances must be the major disappointment to Mancini this season. that said it was clear that he bought Kolorov and Boateng to be the attacking FBs that can put in good crosses - something Micah cannot do and not a big strength of Zabba (who has been a star) - I would not be surprised to see Mancini persist with Boateng now that Edin is here - for the change to work well there needs to be the option of balls into the box that he can then eaither lay off or try to score from

I must be high? What impression has Mancini given that makes people he'll play a front 4 with Tevez wide right?
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:20 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

I must be high? What impression has Mancini given that makes people he'll play a front 4 with Tevez wide right?

I was commenting on the selection of players and really only wanting to make the comment about Boateng over Zabba for crosses - but I also think that Tevez will be in the middle behind Edin and if fit I think he might choose Silva over Barry

Of course he might be more cautious and go with Barry with Ya Ya breaking down the middle - but I just think he might take the opportunity this weekend to try this
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

But the amount they switch about - especially Silva who nominally plays wide right - suggests that Tevez can fulfil his role whilst he is out, with Dzeko up front. Tevez is the next best at that role.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:42 am

Anytime Mancini has played a 2nd striker it has been behine Tevez with the play maker behind.

Our teams strength has been our solid defense and hardworking midfield, I can seem him sacrificing one player for Dzeko, but he's rarely played Balo and Tevez, let alone playing them both with the new striker. He is not going to give up his hard working midfield for 4 attack players in my opinion. Balo will be benched and rotated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:48 am

Assuming Silva and Balotelli out:

Hart

Richards Kolo Komps Kolarov

DeJong Barry

Tevez Yaya Johnson (or Milner)

Dzeko

Not for every game mind, but for Wolves home.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum