Dzeko Signed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dzeko Signed

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 pm

on the OS now
Last edited by brite blu sky on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Dzoko Signed

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Star striker Dzeko signs for City

Edin Dzeko has joined City after completing his transfer from Wolfsburg.

He has signed a four and a half year deal and will wear the number 10 shirt.

The prolific 24-year-old striker can’t wait for the new marriage to start after a lengthy engagement.

He is likely to make his home debut against Wolves at CoMs on Saturday week (tickets still available).

“It has been a long time that I have been linked with the club going back to last summer but Wolfsburg did not want to sell me until today,” he smiled after completing a medical.

“There was too much speculation in the papers but my head is always clear. It is important that is the case because if you think too much about what might be it is a distraction and it can affect your game. I was always attracted most to joining City.

I am pleased to be at such a good club with such a big ambition as Manchester City. They were my first choice and only choice

“They have been playing well this season. I have watched them a lot on television. Now the speculation is over and I just want to do my best.”

Bosnian star Dzeko, who has most recently been on a winter break with former club Wolfsburg, has no doubt why he joined the Blues.

“Everybody speaks about City having lots of money but it is not about that. It is about ambition and I have spoken to coach Mancini and he told me ‘this is the best club for you’,” he explained in his excellent English.

“City are playing for first place in the Premier League and that is what I want. I am excited to play alongside players such as Tevez and Toure who I have only seen on the television and to be in the same team as players I have played against such as Boateng and Kompany.

“They will help me achieve my goal to be better in the future. I want to show the fans why the club paid the money for me. Everyone expects goals and I want to score them but most of all I want to contribute to a successful team.

“I don’t want to talk about my skill - that is for other people to judge. However, I know my quality and when I am fit I am not afraid of a challenge.

“I don’t know a lot about Manchester because I have only been once but I am looking forward to seeing the city and meeting the fans and getting to know everyone at the club.”

The hitman clearly offers Mancini a different option as a target man par excellence, cannot wait to get started:

Everybody says that England is the perfect league for me with my style

He has scored 10 goals in 17 League games this season for the Bundesliga champions and was a target for some of Europe's top clubs before opting to move to the City of Manchester Stadium.

His signing, Mancini's ninth since the former Inter boss took charge of the team just over a year ago, will be seen as a statement of intent with title-chasing City lying second in the table.

Sarajevo-born Dzeko began his career at his local side FK Zeljeznicar and turned few heads as a midfielder. But when he moved to Czech club Teplice, he finished as top scorer for 2006-07 with 13 goals from 30 appearances.

Dzeko moved to Wolfsburg in the summer of 2007 for €4million, and made an immediate impact with five goals in 11 games, eventually helping the club to fifth place and a UEFA Cup spot.

His second season was exceptional. Dzeko formed a potent partnership with Brazilian Grafite, scoring 26 out of the duo's record-breaking 54 goals as Wolfsburg won their first league title.

A further 10 goals in domestic and European cup competitions clinched the 2008-09 German Footballer of the Year award. Dzeko was also nominated for the 2009 Ballon d'Or, won by Lionel Messi.

The striker, who was made a UNICEF ambassador in November 2009, became the highest League scorer in Wolfsburg's history with 59 goals in 96 games.

New teammate Jerome Boateng is clearly a fan.

“Dzeko has everything,” he praised. “He can shoot right left and can head the ball too. He is a very strong striker. He is a quality player. Against Hamburg he always played well and seemed to score, it was always a big challenge.

“He can hold the ball well and he knows how to move with his body. He has a good eye for the goal."

;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Dzeko Signed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm

who?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 pm

thank fuck for that, WELCOME TO CITY EDIN
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby ryanmcfc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 pm

“I don’t want to talk about my skill - that is for other people to judge. However, I know my quality and when I am fit I am not afraid of a challenge. "

Hmmm.
ryanmcfc
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel de Jong

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Excellent sh*t.. really pleased about this signing, wish him well and hope he settles in to prem life in style.

I'm not thinking of him as the messiah or anything but i think this guy will give us the dimension we have been missing and both allow more styles of play and create more space for the other attackers by keeping defenders occupied.
Can't wait to see all of Silva, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko on the pitch together.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby one man army » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:10 pm

GET IN EDIN!
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Brad » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Fantastic signing, great start to the weekend!
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 pm

What? I never saw this coming. Who is he?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby shawzy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

At last...Fookinell im buzzin....Get blastin them goals in for us lad ;-)
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Signed like lightning in relation to most City transfer epics!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Biamp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Now he needs to be given time to settle in the PL, let's hope he'll settle in earlier than what everyone is expecting.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Get in there, welcome to Manchester Edin.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Looking forward to some of doug's reports this next week leading up to wolves
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Just had a look on the muen site and they havnt put it up yet, good on city let the offical site and sky do it first, leave muen to wait
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Biamp wrote:Now he needs to be given time to settle in the PL, let's hope he'll settle in earlier than what everyone is expecting.

You really can never tell.. everyone will give him plenty of time anyway, but that said he wont have such a culture shock coming from the German league.. also perhaps his style of play too. If we are really sensible about it we shouldn't expect him to be at his best until next season, what he can do without being at his best we will have to see ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Good news, and his signing will mean we have an ideal striker for our formation when we wave bye bye to Tevez in the summer, on our terms and not his.

Welcome Edin.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 pm

love it
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Delighted.

He is the final piece of the puzzle and with him in the squad we must have a shot at the title.

If one player in the world was built for this league it was Edin Dzeko, I can't wait to see him play!
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 pm

fuckin class
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's