The best Christmas Present!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The best Christmas Present!

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Now that Arsenal's and Chelsea/United's matches are off if we beat Everton on Monday we're top of the league for Christmas day!!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: The best Christmas Present!

Postby saulman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:15 pm

That's if our game is on......but yeah, It would be great to wake up on Christmas morning and get the table up.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 pm

The best gifts are usually the ones that you least expect, and considering the amount of money I spent on presents this year; first place would be a great surprise!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I don't want to tempt fate - been a blue far too long to feel comfortable about what might happen. Anyway, unless all the teams get knocked out of the Cup in the early rounds, then they'll have to play these games whilst they're already up to the eyeballs in fixtures.

Could make life interesting.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:07 pm

It'll be a very nice feeling to see us going into the Xmas and New Year period at the 'Top of the league' but let's not forget that the other team's will have that game in hand, and United will have 2. I remember last year when we had to get ours in, and for me, it really fucked our chances of 4th up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Esky » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:02 pm

As I said in the other thread, *if* the game's on and *if* we win, it'd be the first time we're top at Christmas since 1929.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby circumspect » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote: unless all the teams get knocked out of the Cup in the early rounds, then they'll have to play these games whilst they're already up to the eyeballs in fixtures.

The Rags may well go into Carling Cup mode and with the Dippers having little chance of CL football we may see an away win at the swamp.
circumspect
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Postby Chinners » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Esky wrote:As I said in the other thread, *if* the game's on and *if* we win, it'd be the first time we're top at Christmas since 1929.

Maybe John68 could tell us what it was like ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

I cant see our game being called of to be honest. Should have more than enough time from now until the game to get the place cleared of snow. Lets just hope we don't have another heave downfall! Will be a Christmas to remember if were sitting pretty come next Saturday.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 pm

My first thought when logging on was "I wonder if anyone's started an if we win we could be top thread"? I'm not disappointed now. It would be fantastic, surreal and very un-City like. Let's hope eh?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Craig B » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:32 pm

But we are talking about an Everton side featuring Tim Cahill here.. isn't it a banker away win? I know we're progressing but there's something nasty about us playing those filthy scouse bastards that worries me. I wish I could be remotely confident but it just isn't happening!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:34 pm

city might be off on monday, just watching ipswich v leicester and if you can play
in these conditions, no game should be called off, fact.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:43 pm

feedthegreek wrote:city might be off on monday, just watching ipswich v leicester and if you can play

That's like going back 20 years and watching proper winter football. Fantastic stuff
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:56 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
feedthegreek wrote:city might be off on monday, just watching ipswich v leicester and if you can play

That's like going back 20 years and watching proper winter football. Fantastic stuff

Fuck me, you can't even see the line's now!

That brings back memories, let's see if they see this one through as I'm sure Leicester will have something to say at half time.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Your post just made me have a look - I see what you mean. It reminds me of a recording of a City match from decades ago, snow soooo deep the ball would come to a complete stop as soon as it hit the ground. (Come on Sven, don't let that ex-RAG get one over on you)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Your post just made me have a look - I see what you mean. It reminds me of a recording of a City match from decades ago, snow soooo deep the ball would come to a complete stop as soon as it hit the ground. (Come on Sven, don't let that ex-RAG get one over on you)
if our match is called off they will say its for fans safety, conditions around the stadium.
utter bollocks, what must it be like around portman road.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Craig B » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:54 pm

feedthegreek wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

if our match is called off they will say its for fans safety, conditions around the stadium.

Yeah but them East Anglian country bumpkins are 'ard!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Craig B wrote:
feedthegreek wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Yeah but them East Anglian country bumpkins are 'ard!

They dont need four by fours, they drive to the stadium in their tractors.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Unless there's a lot of snow on Monday, and I hope not, as I need to do Scotland and back before the game, the match will be on.

As for top on Christmas Day, I fear not, as our record against Everton is appalling. However, I've added it to my list for Santa and I've been a good boy this year, so you never know.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Just how will the other side of Manchester feel if/when they see us at the Top of the League on Xmas Day? Not forgetting the 6 day's we'll be there until they've got a chance to change it, and even then, we win again and BANG, we're top again ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum