Fridays showdown talks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fridays showdown talks

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I know and understand the view by many that they no longer want Tevez here, but do people believe Mancini has the ability to convince him to stay regardless of whether we want him to stay or not.

Hes oviously ready to make a stab at it and i personally feel we have a man capable of convincing him if at all possible.

Interesting(todays buzz word) quote from Mancini

"I think we can always change his mind," Mancini said. "Maybe there is another reason [for submitting the transfer request]. He is an important player for us who has already scored 10 goals. If Carlos is "unhappy" at the moment but has scored 10 goals, I hope he will be unhappy for the rest of the season. Together, we can change the history of the club."
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Fridays showdown talks

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 pm

He will stay at least until the end of the season. I don't think he will be given a choice and he is not the type of player to stop trying so I'll be happy with that
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 pm

I think the transfer request was made in a kind of fit of protest.
I think we dont know the full story and have jumped to a lot of conclusions.
I think Mancini will help sort it out and Tevez will stay - quite possibly still as captain believe it or not.
I doubt any more money will be involved.
I think we will get rid of Adebayor and RSC in January.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I think he will have to stay untill the end of the season, if we are in the top 4 as we should be things may change but it will take a massive turn around for the player. Im not sure he has that in looking back at what he has done to formeer clubs.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Whether he stays or not, the captaincy should be stripped off him. What kind of picture does this paint, if your Captain puts in a transfer request for bullshit reasons and then is allowed to stay Captain.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:44 pm

brite blu sky wrote:I think the transfer request was made in a kind of fit of protest.
I think we dont know the full story and have jumped to a lot of conclusions.
I think Mancini will help sort it out and Tevez will stay - quite possibly still as captain believe it or not.
I doubt any more money will be involved.
I think we will get rid of Adebayor and RSC in January.

BBS have you turned into Paul Mclaren lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 pm

What im trying to discuss is more Mancini not Tevez we have talked the hole off him since the weekends revelation.

I just think we are in capable hands here under Mancini.

Hes got tact and a common desire that Tevez shares and thats to succeed and i think if anyone can lead Carlos back on to the path of righteousness Mancini can.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby TonyM » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm not yet convinced by Mancini but it's how he deals with things like this that'll prove his worth. That said though he could handle these type of things perfectly 100 times but at the end of the only results count. So if Tevez stays or goes, or no matter what fans, the media, players or anyone says, Mancini has to keep the points tallying up.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 am

Can he talk him round? Depends if he can move the club to argentina/turn us into Real/pay him more/sack Cook or whatever it is Herman actually wants.

Personally, I hope he calls him a knob and tells him his request has been accepted.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Can he talk him round? Depends if he can move the club to argentina/turn us into Real/pay him more/sack Cook or whatever it is Herman actually wants.

Personally, I hope he calls him a knob and tells him his request has been accepted.

Whilst I understand your frustration and anger towards Tevez, we have league title to try and win.

Without Tevez, it's unlikely to happen. We have to keep him until the end of the season at least so it's essential that Mancini and Tevez work something out.

I personally think it will be sorted so that Tevez is here until May. Then it will be reviewed, but at least that gives us plenty of time to look for a replacement if he does eventually decide to go.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:53 am

I think his agent was after more money.
I think nobody that can afford him wants him.
I think the talk of him retiring is fucking bullshit.
I think he has no options at the moment.
I think his agent will want money in June.
I wish we could fuck him off now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sheikhermaker » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 am

F**k Tevez, 'Berto is infinitely more important.

I've been filled with confidence with the way that Mancini has managed the squad recently, especially the way he responded when the press and supporters were criticising our 'negative' style of play. Ha.

I'm really starting to think he's the man. I've been especially impressed by the way he deals with the media. That eye operation this week, how routine was it? Maybe a case of Mancini stepping away so the Tevez story could be outed without any questions being answered from the press?

And the quote from above too: (G&B) "I think we can always change his mind," Mancini said. "Maybe there is another reason [for submitting the transfer request]. He is an important player for us who has already scored 10 goals. If Carlos is "unhappy" at the moment but has scored 10 goals, I hope he will be unhappy for the rest of the season. Together, we can change the history of the club."

Now that is what you call throwing down the gauntlet, and thats solid. If he's up for it, Mancini's Magic. If he's offski's however, then Tevez is a coward. Win Win situation.

EDIT: Just read Green and Blue's last post and I agree, I think we should be talking about Mancini, and I too think we are in very capable hands.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 am

I think his agent has tried to 'pull a Rooney' on us
I think its blown up in his face
I think his only other options (Real and Barcelona) have said they're not interested in buying him in January
I think Tevez is a big baby who speaks to much shit to the press and needs to learn English to make his life easier, with a slimy money obsessed agent whose nasty tactics have put him in a very embarrassing position where he's going to end up with egg on his face
I think come January 1st all this will be forgotten about, we'll be sitting top of the league and Tevez will have scored two more City goals over the Xmas period...
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum