Balotelli happy in UK

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Balotelli happy in UK

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it if it has.

From the Guardian Wed.

Mario Balotelli has praised the way "the Premier League has declared war to racism" after being spared the possible ordeal of playing in front of the Juventus crowd that has abused him in the past.

Balotelli will not be involved in Manchester City's Europea League tie in Turin tomorrow, partly because the team have already qualified for the next stage of the competition, but also because the manager, Roberto Mancini, is mindful of the problems that occurred there when the striker was playing for Internazionale.

The issue of racism in Italian football resurfaced last month when Balotelli was repeatedly booed playing for his country against Romania and the 20-year-old, despite his recent disciplinary problems, has concluded he did the right thing leaving for England, where "the culture of integration is much more widespread than in Italy".

He said: "The day I arrived at Manchester City it was three black boys who asked for my first autographs, and I presented them with my white cap. I am proud to be black and Italian. I've learned from my family that no one is 'upside down' simply because he speaks, prays or thinks differently."

Balotelli recalled that the first time he was abused came on his debut, at the age of 15. "It was 2 April 2006, I was playing for Lumezzane at Padua and, as I was still not 16, the club had to ask for special dispensation from the Italian FA and the authorisation of my parents.

"It was my first professional match and I entered the pitch with an indescribable feeling of joy … but as soon as I came on a choir of boos greeted my appearance. The happiness and excitement of my debut prevented me from hearing those boos, as if they shut my ears off, but with time I've heard very clearly all the insults and boos.

"They've always prompted me to try to score. I say to myself: 'You should not get angry when they shout at you; if you let it affect you, next time they'll get even worse.' But pretending that nothing has happened can be dangerous too."

Balotelli speaks out in the foreword of a new novel, Buuuuu, by the Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Luigi Garlando, the story of a 15-year-old boy, Jack, who is born with a rare disease and walks on his hands, surrounded by discrimination. In the book Balotelli is a friend of Jack's and helps him to be happy.

Juventus supporters once held up a banner about Balotelli with the words: "A Negro cannot be Italian." Another bearing the message "No to a multi-ethnic national team" was confiscated at the international match against Romania.

"I do not know what more I can say about these things," Balotelli said. "Maybe these people came to the game because they do not even have a television set at home. I've learned through experience that it is better to ignore them and pretend nothing has happened but thank God I do not have to know the people who are insulting me."

The Italian media, he said, should do more to identify the issue. "From Manchester, I'd prefer to see them debate the problem of racism more than they debate my girlfriends."

Well, if he's happy now I'd hate to see him when he's miserable.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Balotelli happy in UK

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it if it has.

From the Guardian Wed.

Mario Balotelli has praised the way "the Premier League has declared war to racism" after being spared the possible ordeal of playing in front of the Juventus crowd that has abused him in the past.

Balotelli will not be involved in Manchester City's Europea League tie in Turin tomorrow, partly because the team have already qualified for the next stage of the competition, but also because the manager, Roberto Mancini, is mindful of the problems that occurred there when the striker was playing for Internazionale.

The issue of racism in Italian football resurfaced last month when Balotelli was repeatedly booed playing for his country against Romania and the 20-year-old, despite his recent disciplinary problems, has concluded he did the right thing leaving for England, where "the culture of integration is much more widespread than in Italy".

He said: "The day I arrived at Manchester City it was three black boys who asked for my first autographs, and I presented them with my white cap. I am proud to be black and Italian. I've learned from my family that no one is 'upside down' simply because he speaks, prays or thinks differently."

Balotelli recalled that the first time he was abused came on his debut, at the age of 15. "It was 2 April 2006, I was playing for Lumezzane at Padua and, as I was still not 16, the club had to ask for special dispensation from the Italian FA and the authorisation of my parents.

"It was my first professional match and I entered the pitch with an indescribable feeling of joy … but as soon as I came on a choir of boos greeted my appearance. The happiness and excitement of my debut prevented me from hearing those boos, as if they shut my ears off, but with time I've heard very clearly all the insults and boos.

"They've always prompted me to try to score. I say to myself: 'You should not get angry when they shout at you; if you let it affect you, next time they'll get even worse.' But pretending that nothing has happened can be dangerous too."

Balotelli speaks out in the foreword of a new novel, Buuuuu, by the Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Luigi Garlando, the story of a 15-year-old boy, Jack, who is born with a rare disease and walks on his hands, surrounded by discrimination. In the book Balotelli is a friend of Jack's and helps him to be happy.

Juventus supporters once held up a banner about Balotelli with the words: "A Negro cannot be Italian." Another bearing the message "No to a multi-ethnic national team" was confiscated at the international match against Romania.

"I do not know what more I can say about these things," Balotelli said. "Maybe these people came to the game because they do not even have a television set at home. I've learned through experience that it is better to ignore them and pretend nothing has happened but thank God I do not have to know the people who are insulting me."

The Italian media, he said, should do more to identify the issue. "From Manchester, I'd prefer to see them debate the problem of racism more than they debate my girlfriends."

My eldest son has a theory on why Mario looks miserable all the time but i can't share it on here as i would probably be banned.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 pm

If he's just said he's happy, you know what's coming in about a week's time...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 pm

gillie wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it if it has.

From the Guardian Wed.

My eldest son has a theory on why Mario looks miserable all the time but i can't share it on here as i would probably be banned.

[spoiler]he's flatmate with rae and ashton?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]sorry rae and ashton.it was but a joke[/spoiler]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:If he's just said he's happy, you know what's coming in about a week's time...

I was just about to post the same thing.
Never dull at City, eh
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Nooly that's fucking legendary hahaha!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:

From the Guardian Wed.

[spoiler]he's flatmate with rae and ashton?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]sorry rae and ashton.it was but a joke[/spoiler]

Erik thats not my lads theory but it does have merits lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 pm

He's a bit of a prick. But maybe I'd be the same if I had to endure that shite since I was a kid. Fair play to him with the girls as well. TRU PLAYA FO LIFE!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Im a long way off thinking that he will be any good for us, just cant see him sorting out the head of his. Shame as he clearly has the skill set to be a good player.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:31 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Im a long way off thinking that he will be any good for us, just cant see him sorting out the head of his. Shame as he clearly has the skill set to be a good player.

5 goals..9 games..I'd say he is already 'good for us' wouldn't you?

Make absolutely no mistake..he is top draw..and anyone who dismisses him for having the odd tantrum is a fool
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 pm

If it was the odd tantrum maybe, but every bloody game and so far its been for no reason other than his messed up head. As for the goals to games I will have another look when he has had a run of games in the prem.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:Im a long way off thinking that he will be any good for us, just cant see him sorting out the head of his. Shame as he clearly has the skill set to be a good player.

Make absolutely no mistake..he is top draw..and anyone who dismisses him for having the odd tantrum is a fool

Bish i get what you are saying but if he is a team player then why did he not celebrate Yaya's goal on Saturday?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 pm

gillie wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Bish i get what you are saying but if he is a team player then why did he not celebrate Yaya's goal on Saturday?

Gil..if he keeps banging them in I wouldn't give a fuck if he pulled down his shorts and took a dump on the centre circle every game..

Feed Balo and he will score
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

He's that good, you stuck your sig on him!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 pm

gillie wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

He's from the Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink school of football.

Goals fucking piss him off big time, nothing is liable to annoy either of them more than their team mates or indeed themselves scoring a mother fucking goal and woe betide anyone who gets in their cunting way after bagging a bastarding hat-trick.

I personally think it's piss funny, couple that with the fact he's mad as a box of frogs and visits women's prisons and I would say he's about 4 goals away from becoming my favourite ever footballer, possibly even human being.

He can cut the diving shit out though.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gaudy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 pm

whats this about him paying a vist to prison,second time i read it?
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby dario2739 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 pm

gillie wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

To be fair, he doesn't even celebrate his own goals!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 am

dario2739 wrote:
gillie wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

To be fair, he doesn't even celebrate his own goals!

Richard Dunne was the fucking same.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am

Actrually, he gets kicked to the high heavens and the refs do frig all about it.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Actrually, he gets kicked to the high heavens and the refs do frig all about it.

It's true that happens on occasions but I think it's being caused by the fact that he collapses in a heap sometimes when the oppo CB farts near him & the refs start to dislike him intensely & actually hope to send him off, as would any of us if he wasn't wearing a blue shirt. He is a horrible individual sometimes & refs are only human.

If he was wearing a certain red shirt of course, he'd get a free kick each time & the opponent would be booked instead but he plays for City so he'll have to learn how to deal with it or leave.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum