Grant/WHU

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Grant/WHU

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Looks like Greenback is on thin ice right now:

West Ham manager Avram Grant is facing the sack unless he wins at least one of the relegation-threatened club's next three games, BBC Sport understands.

The Premier League's bottom team, who are four points adrift of safety, face Blackburn and Fulham away, before meeting Everton on 28 December.

A source said this allows the club to make best use of the transfer window.

"If we didn't win once by the turn of the year then there would have to be a change before the start of the January transfer window to give a new manager a chance to make the changes he wanted," the senior source told BBC Sport.

Can't see them getting owt from Rovers or an Everton side looking to bounce back from a 3-0 beating at Eastlands - Fulham or bust?

Fat Sam back in business at the Boleyn? Walmai?
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Grant/WHU

Postby blues-clues » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm

They should give moyes a six month contract. He always does well in the second half of the season!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Looks like Greenback is on thin ice right now:

West Ham manager Avram Grant is facing the sack unless he wins at least one of the relegation-threatened club's next three games, BBC Sport understands.

The Premier League's bottom team, who are four points adrift of safety, face Blackburn and Fulham away, before meeting Everton on 28 December.

Can't see them getting owt from Rovers or an Everton side looking to bounce back from a 3-0 beating at Eastlands - Fulham or bust?

Please no. I kind of like West Ham as they're decent club that often tries to play football. If fat sam goes there lot of that will change and I hope they go down.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm

I feel sorry for west ham ever since they got bought they went downhill.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 pm

blues-clues wrote:They should give moyes a six month contract. He always does well in the second half of the season!

not sure about the math on that...who would run the team the first 4.5 months of the season? Tricky proposition. Job share with Sven?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby saulman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:16 pm

The merry-go-round is getting into full swing. Big Fat Sam and Hughton are waiting in line.

...and what's O'Neil up to nowadays?
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Grant to Blackburn, Hughton to West Ham,

Fat Sam - next scum manager?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
blues-clues wrote:They should give moyes a six month contract. He always does well in the second half of the season!

not sure about the math on that...who would run the team the first 4.5 months of the season? Tricky proposition. Job share with Sven?

cheers

Sven did have one hell of a first half of the season. I think you're on to something, doomy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Fat Sam - next scum manager?

Now that, I would love to see.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby TonyM » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:41 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I feel sorry for west ham ever since they got bought they went downhill.

No sympathy since they cheated us out of an fa cup semifinal back in 05 I think it was. Remember when they called for the ball to go out of play so their player coul get attention, Kiki got all confused and they robbed the ball and scored. I was more furious at ourselves for not playing on proper but they f@ckin cheated and deserve no pity IMO.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby walmai » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Looks like Greenback is on thin ice right now:

The terrible problem we have with Grant is one thing; I still go along to the (home) games, as much as we barely even dare dream of a point, let alone a victory.

However, despite his evident lack of connection with the 'team' he allegedly coaches, the reality appears to be that the new owners either don't want their noses out of joint, impliedly accepting they've made a dud choice, or can't afford the compo due on the years and years left remaining on his contract.

So, its one thing even getting rid of Grant.

Its a total other shedload of excrement contemplating watching my beloved team playing with BFS at the helm. I genuinely don't know how much of it I could take. Bad football is one thing. Deliberate 'anti-football' quite another.

But I wouldn't bet against it.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby blues-clues » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

The maths isnt difficult. The first 4.5 months of the season have already passed. 6 months to the end of the season. Twas nowt but a just anyways up!

Good health sir!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 pm

i don't care for west ham one little bit. i liked zola but don't care what happens to them. i always feel sorry for fans of any team who has been established in the premier league and gets relegated, but there aren't any of their players i particularly like, and they are proof that trying to play football does not cut it. they're atrocious to watch they need allardyce if you ask me at least he'd give them some direction.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum