Liverpool has changed. Torres to City.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool has changed. Torres to City.

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Torres just looks depressed & lacking a bit of confidence to me. He knows he's dropped a huge bollock staying at Liverpool.

I both agree and disagree. He looks fed up, but also unfit. He only played in fits and starts last season after all. And how do you explain away the crap World Cup form?

I think he was nowhere even close to being fit during the World Cup & it was pretty unfair of Spain to play him. I think that had an effect on his confidence & then he's realised that the talk of Liverpool improving is complete bollocks. Right now, I recon he fit as far as injury free but not fully match fit. Whether that is down to poor training at Liverpool or that they don't want to push him in case he breaks down again I don't know. I do think however that the pace etc is still there, in fact I'm sure it is but he's not using it very often. He's either scared to push himself or just being careful imo.

I just worry about signing anyone from Liverpool though. They've sold us more duffers than everyone else put together apart from maybe Everton.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Silva + Torres = Magic

I can see us signing him in January without a doubt. Liverpool don't even play football to suit him anymore, we definitely do!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Rae4685 wrote:Silva + Torres = Magic

I can see us signing him in January without a doubt. Liverpool don't even play football to suit him anymore, we definitely do!

If his legs don't fall off I'd agree, they'd link up brilliantly.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:Silva + Torres = Magic

If his legs don't fall off I'd agree, they'd link up brilliantly.

One things for sure if Tevez leaves we cannot afford a mistake in January if we go for him I'd hope we would put him through one he'll of a medical.
Rae4685

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

FFS people - Torres spends more time on the sick bed than he does on the pitch......Dzeko is touch as Tevez and should be our prime target.

I would have Dzeko every time above Torres.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:FFS people - Torres spends more time on the sick bed than he does on the pitch......Dzeko is touch as Tevez and should be our prime target.

One of the rare occasions I will agree will Carl. Torres in the new Robbie Fowler. Dzeko everytime.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:FFS people - Torres spends more time on the sick bed than he does on the pitch......Dzeko is touch as Tevez and should be our prime target.

Oh right sorry didn't realise! Ive now changed my mind Torres is past it, I want DZEKO!!! He's the only one for the job!
Rae4685

Postby dikdik » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm

As a parvenu plebian of some 40 years standing I agree completley with Carl. (PS I miss the BLOCK CAPITALS!)
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Fesan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:11 pm

I agree that Torres cannot be our new Tevez as he cannot be relied upon to bring it week in & out. Nevertheless he would be a great buy along another striker or two.

Torres MIGHT find fitness and form again and deliver like he has before, score buttloads off brilliant Silva passes etc. But we have too much money and stuff at stake to put all our eggs into that basket. I think for Torres' sake too he should not be our main guy, he needs rest this year then maybe he can be fit and in form in august. Untill then he should play a bit-part in our quest for the holy grail.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Crossie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Tevez Flopabeyor out

Dzeko Torres in

Balo as 3rd striker in rotation or wide right in a 4-3-3.

Jo as 4th with Guildetti and the other youthies as the challengers

Torres just needs abit of luck with injuries, and then a nice rest in the summer, a change of scenery and a friend in Silva. Then he will exceed anything he gave Liverpoool in the last 3 years
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:When Liverpool signed Torres, he was the next top striker in European football. When Barcelona signed Eto'o, he was the next top striker in European football. I feel as though we've moved beyond buying fading superstars now. I'd like us to get the next top dog. Dzeko and Higuaín probably best fit the bill.

no way is torres a fading superstar. the guy does not want to be at liverpool, you can tell that by his miserable body language alone.

i think he would be fucking class for us.

There's a case for it mate. Hasn't looked fit for a good 12 months and had a dreadful World Cup.

dreadful world cup, but didn't he come on late and setup the winning goal with an assist to Iniesta? or am i high?

not mutually exclusive...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dawn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

would rather have dzeko but would take nando.
dawn
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Id have torres before dzeko.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Kladze wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Kladze wrote:Must admit I have been feeling a touch plebeian parvenus just lately. I was only saying so just last night.

There's a couple of plebeian parvenus' on here at the moment. I think you touched on it in another thread

lol

You 2 talking about Joor-a-little-shit again - take it to the max boy's!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:26 pm

If Wiki is to believed then 77 goal's in 134 games is no mean feat. Going into the WC he had been injured for a while so wasn't up to scratch. Also, we all know that Rafa was playing Torres whilst injured which made his rehabilitation a nightmare leaving him with persistent niggling injuries until Torres himself finally put a stop to it prior to the WC by forcing the club to let him have his operation.

I don't know what the future holds for him but he definately does not look happy at Liverpool after their promise's of an influx of money and player's has turned to dust.

Would he bring something to the table - Yes he would. Is he out of our league - He isn't now.

And more importantly, would I have him here - Yes I would.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Esky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm

In a nutshell.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:50 pm

I don't think a lot of you lads have grasped the bigger picture here

Its not a case of either/or

We need both Dzeko AND Torres

There is only a small window of opportunity now to get the players in where we can compete before the new FIFA regulations kick in

Torres is 24 years old and could be a real asset in the future..and there is never a better time to poach him with Liverpool in such dire straights..once they get their shit together the window of opportunity will have closed
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby TonyM » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Liverpool would want too much for the diving c@nt. He's forever injured and would be s bad influence on Mario.

I've never seen Dzeko play but I'd have him before Torres. I'd have Caicedo back too asap. That boy is w goodun if you ask me.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby BadKompany » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:05 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Torres is 24 years old and could be a real asset in the future

27 in March.

Dzeko or fernando llorente for me
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: The Business

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am

BadKompany wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Torres is 24 years old and could be a real asset in the future

27 in March.

Dzeko or fernando llorente for me

Is he?

Don't know where I pulled 24 from..however my point still stands
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum