Training Wednesday 15/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Wednesday 15/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Kladze wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A low key day today before they fly out and plenty of cameras around as is part of the deal pre Europa games.25 players on show today excluding keepers but still quite a bunch of what you would call key first team squad players were missing.As just reported on SSN everything seemed very relaxed within the squad.

They separated into two groups , 1 of 10 and one of 15.The 10 practiced with the yellow premier league ball and the others with the Europa ball which suggests the 10 won't be involved tomorrow.In that 10 were Tevez and Mario but also Abdul Razzak/MJ and I think maybe Assulin.I heard on SSN that the expected front two v Juve were Ade and Jo but neither has trained this week and I think Ade is still injured ( foot injury). It wouldn't surprise me if Nimley got a game v Juve. He was certainly out early and practicing his ball skills for some 10 minutes before others arrived.

The 15 played a pass and move game with both Kidd and Platt watching closely [highlight]whilst the 10 had a 6 a side game[/highlight]at the far end from me.As I said all quite low key.

LOL !

Nice one Doug ....... cheered me up.

When I typed that I thought at the time that some pillock will probably comment and here it was straightaway:) Just kiddin.

On the Nimley thing I only think he will get a look in if Ade and Jo aren't under consideration.As Ade is still injured that's him out and because Jo hasnt trained this week I assume all isnt well with him either but you never know.

It will be interesting if we play 5 across the middle with Nimley on his own up front to see whether we have attacking intent os just try to sit.It means nothing to Juve who can't qualify so maybe they will have a very inexperienced side.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 15/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 pm

King Kev wrote:Rumours are flying about that during training today Tevez shouted to a watching fan "I stay".

Can you confirm this Doug?

I believe that happened yesterday not today.Would be nice if we could believe he meant it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum