David Silva - they are starting to take notice

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

David Silva - they are starting to take notice

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:21 am

Glad hes getting some acknowledgement for the great form he has been in.Hes been fantastic to watch over the last couple of months a proper playmaker.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ue-weekend
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: David Silva - they are starting to take notice

Postby john68 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 am

Maybe this should go in the I told you so...attention seeking thread but...even in his 1st game when it was apparent that he still had to adjust to the physicality and speed of the English game, he was taking up some fabulous positions and showed that he had a great football brain.
I said some time ago that i felt that in years to come, we would be lauding Silva as being the team leader on the pitch. I always felt that was the man to lead the team around and act as master strategist. He will be the legend we all remember.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:08 am

I hope and pray that the little man is going to be everything we all know he can be. We have been crying out for a younger version or Ali Benarbia, I, believe we have found one. Whoever it was who sang the song "I'm so excited and I just can't help it" is how I feel.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 am

edgeley blue wrote:I hope and pray that the little man is going to be everything we all know he can be. We have been crying out for a younger version or Ali Benarbia, I, believe we have found one. Whoever it was who sang the song "I'm so excited and I just can't help it" is how I feel.

hide it. yr so excited and you just can't hide it.

i'm sure you could help it if you set your mind to it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 am

It's early days and he needs to evidence the fact that he can keep up a generally high level of form I guess but I simply love watching him....he has touch and vision that I have only seen in the form of Bernarbia (and, fleetingly, Kinkladze) but allied to that is a first class workrate, hunger for the ball and willingness to graft for the team.

He is a bloody fantastic player. Truly magical.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 am

john68 wrote:Maybe this should go in the I told you so...attention seeking thread but...even in his 1st game when it was apparent that he still had to adjust to the physicality and speed of the English game, he was taking up some fabulous positions and showed that he had a great football brain.
I said some time ago that i felt that in years to come, we would be lauding Silva as being the team leader on the pitch. I always felt that was the man to lead the team around and act as master strategist. He will be the legend we all remember.

After his first preaseason appearance (a very brief one) it was obvious he would work well with Tevez - his first (and Yaya's first) prem appearance was quite funny though, they both dwelled on the ball too long and ended up with a WTF?? expression on their face when some opposition player nicked the ball off their feet at a billion miles an hour and ran off in a cloud of dust.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Fish111 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 am

If Mancini likes captains that lead by example on the pitch then i cannot see past David Silva. Absolute quality player and has a great attitude to boot unlike some Spanish-speaking players i can think of.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 am

I'm just glad that the ever so knowledgeable media have stopped calling him David Villa!!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 am

I just wish I could sit comfortably thinking he will be with us for a long time.He truly is a class player and we have quite a few now who are clearly good enough to be in trophy winning sides BUT can we keep them?

It seems that success immediately is essential or else the egos or agents just lose the plot.The man management part was always going to be the hardest part of Mancini's job.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I just wish I could sit comfortably thinking he will be with us for a long time.He truly is a class player and we have quite a few now who are clearly good enough to be in trophy winning sides BUT can we keep them?

It seems that success immediately is essential or else the egos or agents just lose the plot.The man management part was always going to be the hardest part of Mancini's job.

YIKES!

He has been here few months and people are already talking about him leaving!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 13021J » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:33 am

Doug you sound like you might slash your wrists, this Tevez thing has been hard in us all but chin up lad!

Silva seems like a far more level headed character than Tevez, wasn't he at Valencia for the last ten years? And only left when they could receive the max fee from us? Seems like a class act on and off the pitch.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby xavi6 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 am

King Kev wrote:I'm just glad that the ever so knowledgeable media have stopped calling him David Villa!!

If only. The clown co-commentating for the West Ham game called him Villa at least four times.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 am

xavi6 wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm just glad that the ever so knowledgeable media have stopped calling him David Villa!!

If only. The clown co-commentating for the West Ham game called him Villa at least four times.

Maybe I have just become imune to it then because I didn't notice.

It's piss poor that these people don't know the name of a Premier League footballer, a World Cup winning one at that!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 am

13021J wrote:Doug you sound like you might slash your wrists, this Tevez thing has been hard in us all but chin up lad!

Silva seems like a far more level headed character than Tevez, wasn't he at Valencia for the last ten years? And only left when they could receive the max fee from us? Seems like a class act on and off the pitch.

Not at all.As I have said in another thread I see this sort of thing with Tevez as just the sort of thing that can happen on our way to achieving ultimate success. If we do lose Tevez in the short term I am confident we will get another striker in and keep moving forward.I don't either worry that Silva is a problem and agree he seems more grounded than most but it doesn't take away the reality that managing a crop of highly talented , highly paid and highly ambitious players is a tough task.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 am

For all his class and graft, my favourite moments have been 2 substitutions. One early in the season, when, after limping for 5 minutes, he sprinted to the wrong touchline as soon as he realised he was coming off, then left the field like he'd lost a leg to waste time. Then against Bolton, when he must have known there was a chance it was him, so he walked along the half way line, with his back to the subs and only turned round when his name was announced, before doing that 'I'm jogging off, ref, although I don't appear to be moving' when leaving the field. Ultimate professional.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 am

Mancini out....we need a big manager, a guy who was made to manage the likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan

We need......Fat Sam
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mike J » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I just wish I could sit comfortably thinking he will be with us for a long time.He truly is a class player and we have quite a few now who are clearly good enough to be in trophy winning sides BUT can we keep them?

this is why i want us to make torres our main priority. it would keep silva happy but mainly because those two together could probably guide us to the title if not this year then next.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:17 am

I thought he was looking decidedly iffy in his 1st few games as he played quite a lot of 'Ireland' passes (casually playing the ball to the opponents without looking over his shoulder) & I was pretty worried but now he hardly ever plays a ball like that & he could walk into Barca's side without anyone noticing a difference imo.

If he can add a few goals to his play, he'll be up with the very best in the world. Imo he can.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm

He is the reason I'm not too worried about Carlito's possible departure.He will make chances for whoever plays up front for us. Getting more and more influential for us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
13021J wrote:Doug you sound like you might slash your wrists, this Tevez thing has been hard in us all but chin up lad!

Not at all.As I have said in another thread I see this sort of thing with Tevez as just the sort of thing that can happen on our way to achieving ultimate success. If we do lose Tevez in the short term I am confident we will get another striker in and keep moving forward.I don't either worry that Silva is a problem and agree he seems more grounded than most but it doesn't take away the reality that managing a crop of highly talented , highly paid and highly ambitious players is a tough task.

See where your coming from Doug, but there are two big aspects to the general idea, one as you say is success.. related to that is being a player that is part of bringing success to City and on top of that being a part of how far that success can go.. eg. winning the title twice in a row.. CL ? etc. The other big aspect is the shake out of players where City actually fits with them and becomes their place.. an example at present would be Kompany, possibly deJong and others. Success plays its part in that and at present it is way too early to tell who will pan out to be a mainstay player. I wouldn't count Silva out though at this stage.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum