Dzeko letter to Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dzeko letter to Mancini

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 am

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Dzeko letter to Mancini

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 am

Graundian also running the story
linky
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Michigan Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:10 am

We're due a bit of good news. He's been banging them in for me on FIFA '11.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby frozen_pea » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 am

From Article:
Dzeko has scored eight league goals in 16 games but recently had a public spat with McClaren, ignoring his manager's outstretched hand after being substituted against Werder Bremen earlier this month.

Yup, he's a dead cert to come to City, and will no doubt have the papers talking when he does something like this for us.

Don't know enough about him, so reserving judgement at the moment. However it could be another player with a temprament problem?
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 am

I find that a but unbelievable to be honest but if true that would be great.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby aaron bond » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:52 am

avoidconfusion wrote:I find that a but unbelievable to be honest but if true that would be great.

He probably just poked Mancini on Facebook and after the media caught hold of it it's turned into a letter!
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:29 am

What I find interesting about this is where the story has come from.

I can't remember which story re Tevez it was in yesterday but it was a decent journo who said something like "despite their many faults one thing that Manchester City do not do is leak stories deliberately"....the context being that we had managed to keep this Tevez stuff in house for a long time when it was a proper bombshell of a story.

Accordingly, I suspect that this story has come from him or his advisors....

Either way I am pretty sure there is some degree of truth in this and I love the fact that some of the players we've signed recently (or are looking to sign) have explained their genuine desire to come to us above anyone else. Sure there is a financial element, that is indisputable, but the likes of David Silva could have earned very very good money elsewhere and he actively wanted to come to City.

That, my friends, is brilliant
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 am

do you reckon he wrote it on an airmail letter, licked the envelope, bought a stamp, looked up the address of the club t'internet and wrote it on the letter and then posted it snail mail?

Premadonna footballers have someone to wipe their arse these days, I cant see this myself.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 am

Wonderwall wrote:do you reckon he wrote it on an airmail letter, licked the envelope, bought a stamp, looked up the address of the club t'internet and wrote it on the letter and then posted it snail mail?

Premadonna footballers have someone to wipe their arse these days, I cant see this myself.

Dear me WW must you be so literal in your interpretation......for "Edin Dzeko wrote a letter to MCFC" I think you can read "Edin told his agent to call Marwood in an overt, please come to get me communication"

Underlying effect is the same in both cases
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 am

ant london wrote:What I find interesting about this is where the story has come from.

I can't remember which story re Tevez it was in yesterday but it was a decent journo who said something like "despite their many faults one thing that Manchester City do not do is leak stories deliberately"....the context being that we had managed to keep this Tevez stuff in house for a long time when it was a proper bombshell of a story.

Accordingly, I suspect that this story has come from him or his advisors....

Either way I am pretty sure there is some degree of truth in this and I love the fact that some of the players we've signed recently (or are looking to sign) have explained their genuine desire to come to us above anyone else. Sure there is a financial element, that is indisputable, but the likes of David Silva could have earned very very good money elsewhere and he actively wanted to come to City.

That, my friends, is brilliant

There have been plenty of rumours and speculations going on - for instance after Tevez missed the Christmas party, which he himself chose the polka dot theme for. I think the media only held back until they had something rock solid, i.e. the written transfer request. I'm not sure at all that the club leaked this intentionally, and if they did it would most likely have been a preventive measure to regain control of the situation.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:17 am

I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either. People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

Stinks of Jo to me. Wouldnt mind being proven wrong but i doubt he is half the player/goalscorer tevez is and by time we see his true potential shit or otherwise it could have cost us a CL place.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:33 am

ashton287 wrote:I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either. People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

Stinks of Jo to me. Wouldnt mind being proven wrong but i doubt he is half the player/goalscorer tevez is and by time we see his true potential shit or otherwise it could have cost us a CL place.

Or maybe they aren't limited to the Premier League, they watch other European leagues too when they can, and this is how they came to know of Dzeko.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 am

if herman writes a 'come and get me' letter to mourinho, he'll rightly be castigated. Yet when a player does it about joining us we think it's good. Hope Real don't show interest after he joins, as we can't really complain when the inevitable happens
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 am

ashton287 wrote:[highlight]I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either.[/highlight]People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

The fact of your own ignorance of other European / world football doesn't give you the right to assume the same level of ignorance in others.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:55 am

Maybe they watch ESPN? Since ESPN dont have many Prem matches they tend to show a lot of German/Italian/Spanish football so it's good for broadening your horizons.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:14 am

Kladze wrote:
ashton287 wrote:[highlight]I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either.[/highlight]People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

The fact of your own ignorance of other European / world football doesn't give you the right to assume the same level of ignorance in others.

Whilst I would not put it so bluntly, I agree

I have seen quite a bit of him - admittedly only television and clips - seems a natural for the PL - genuinely 2 footed and pretty good in the air

reminds me a lot of Torres in his prime - and I genuinely think could be better than that
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goataldo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 am

Interesting article, spoiled only perhaps by Zabba training in a sports bra in one of the photos.

Re Dzeko, it's a valid point that it's easy to be pleased if a player has done this with regard to coming to us and that we'd be rightly annoyed if the shoe was on the other foot. But hard as it is to get used to, it's in OUR favour so I'm prepared to overlook the moral standpoint.

The only opinion I have of Dzeko is formed from what people whose opinion I value, think about him, and by all accounts the majority of sane people seem to think he's mint (so cheer up Ashton!).

And I do not want Torres as the lady is always injured, besides the fact that I don't think he's play for another English club than LIverpool.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:01 am

Supposedly written in August
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Esky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 am

I'd have been more excited if the letter had been written sometime later than August.

Still, for me, wanting Dzeko at City isn't an FM love-in or simply riding on a bandwagon, he's just a very good player. In Oz exposure to the German league's pretty high - One HD, ESPN and Setanta all show games and Bundesliga wrap-ups.

Outside La Liga, I'd have more faith bringing a Bundesliga player than I would someone from Serie A or Ligue Un. The style of play most closely mirrors English football in being fast and physical.

Dzeko's been the best forward there for 3 seasons. He and Grafite took the equivalent of Everton or Villa to the title (I know parity is greater there than in the Prem but Wolfsburg came 15th or something a year or two before he signed).

There's every chance he could be another Jo or a Shevchenko but that could happen with anyone we sign.

Of the targets who will realistically be available, Dzeko is the best we could get. Plus he's in form (82 in 135, 8 in 15 this season) and isn't always crocked (Torres).
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 am

The only thing he lacks is genuine pace. Everything else ticks the boxes very nicely.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum