Dzeko letter to Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko letter to Mancini

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am

As it goes Uwe tipped him for us last night on blue Tuesday,If he's good enough for the finest striker ive seen at City its good for me.

I havent seen him play apart from a goal he knocked in against the rags.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wooders » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am

dazby wrote:The only thing he lacks is genuine pace. Everything else ticks the boxes very nicely.

Whats "genuine" pace?
Does he run in a style that looks as if he is going fast but actually isn't or something ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Esky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 am

Wooders wrote:
dazby wrote:The only thing he lacks is genuine pace. Everything else ticks the boxes very nicely.

Whats "genuine" pace?
Does he run in a style that looks as if he is going fast but actually isn't or something ?

Cricket term isn't it?
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 am

ashton287 wrote:I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either. People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

Stinks of Jo to me. Wouldnt mind being proven wrong but i doubt he is half the player/goalscorer tevez is and by time we see his true potential shit or otherwise it could have cost us a CL place.

I've seen him play in the flesh 3 or 4 times, and on tv around 20-30 full matches (although only once this season, admittedly). I was one of the first to say he'd fit in amazingly here, 2 years ago.

He'd have linked up amazingly with Ireland, as one of his teammates at Wolfsburg up to the start of this season, Misimovic, was an identical, but slightly better, player, and most of the team's goals in their championship winning season were created through this partnership.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dronny » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:if herman writes a 'come and get me' letter to mourinho, he'll rightly be castigated. Yet when a player does it about joining us we think it's good. Hope Real don't show interest after he joins, as we can't really complain when the inevitable happens

Nice observation of irony there BS76, my thoughts entirely.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby 13021J » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 am

I agree. With the exception of Balo our strikers do lack genuine pace. Ade is fast but he hasn't been able to harness that this season. Maybe this lack if pace has affected our ability to break teams down this season?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 am

As has been pointed out he's not particularly quick so his attributes are touch, strength, intelligence, aerial power, finishing.

Imo, strength wise he's ok but not fantastic, touch is very good & his movement is clever. He's good in the air in Germany, will he be as effective in England? Hard to say. Didn't dominate the rags in the air like Andy Carroll did with Vidic.

The main worry for me is whether he'll produce he same level of goals & consistency of finishing as he does over there. Against the rags he cost them the game by being nervous in front of goal. I've seen him miss a lot of chances of the kind which Adebayor misses but he is a better finisher & has much better positional sense, so will get much more chances to score than Ade. He's also a lot more intelligent on the ball than Ade & that could turn out to be his biggest asset if he signs. He's an intelligent player, no doubt & like Scholes, his brain can gain him a yard. Still a gamble though & imo Lllorente is better, as is Torres but they're playing against different opposition so it's just guesswork really. Certainly has talent.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 am

ashton287 wrote:I know nothing about him and as far as im concerned the whole "we need dzeko" brigade probably dont either. People just love to be a part of a big old bandwagon.

Stinks of Jo to me. Wouldnt mind being proven wrong but i doubt he is half the player/goalscorer tevez is and by time we see his true potential shit or otherwise it could have cost us a CL place.

I think to be honest alot of the guys on here live or are from other countries so therefore are bound to watch different leagues etc. I agree in the terms of some people are talking like they know how good he is and probably not even seen him kick a ball apart from on YouTube but not everyone. For us narrow minded folk can you name a prem player current or previous that plays a similair style? Im struggling to be excited about a player I know nothing about.
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Wooders » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 am

missing lots of chances and still being the leagues top scorer last season (season before that he was second, only to his strike partner grafite, he got an extraordinary amount of assists) says it all for me - gerrim signed
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 am

Rae4685 wrote:

I think to be honest alot of the guys on here live or are from other countries so therefore are bound to watch different leagues etc. I agree in the terms of some people are talking like they know how good he is and probably not even seen him kick a ball apart from on YouTube but not everyone. For us narrow minded folk can you name a prem player current or previous that plays a similair style? Im struggling to be excited about a player I know nothing about.

If I had to liken him to someone it would be former Arsenal striker Alan Smith. He's a bit of a goal sniffer so could do a Van Nistlerooy (without the poncing) if everything went in his favour. If things didn't work for him though, he's the kind of player who could look a bit average. If City have scouted him for this long though, chances are they know what they're getting.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:18 am

If he did contact us btw, it's not good news at all that it's become public & I agree it's probably KJ who's got the info & tipped off the press to try & annoy him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:

If I had to liken him to someone it would be former Arsenal striker Alan Smith. He's a bit of a goal sniffer so could do a Van Nistlerooy (without the poncing) if everything went in his favour. If things didn't work for him though, he's the kind of player who could look a bit average. If City have scouted him for this long though, chances are they know what they're getting.

He reminds me of Mark Viduka with that big frame of his..
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum