We are gonna win the league.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We are gonna win the league.

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am

2 points off top place just hitting our straps and if you look at our fixtures for the rest of the season there are no nightmare segments of games.BELIEVE THIS IS OUR TIME i do and you can quote this thread if i am wrong.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: We are gonna win the league.

Postby BadKompany » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am

Definitely realistic,and this fella will help....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... USIVE.html
Never wear socks that are funnier than you.
BadKompany
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: The Business

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 am

keep the fuck quiet about it - the more focus is on bullshit and rags chelski et al the more we can put a nice little run together and keep ourselves up there.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 am

The Man In Blue wrote:keep the fuck quiet about it - the more focus is on bullshit and rags chelski et al the more we can put a nice little run together and keep ourselves up there.

But you do believe dont cha lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 am

gillie wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:keep the fuck quiet about it - the more focus is on bullshit and rags chelski et al the more we can put a nice little run together and keep ourselves up there.

But you do believe dont cha lol.

i want to brother, i want to. but i'm wary. let's just keep shtum and see what happens.
The Man In Blue

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 am

Put it this way while we are in a position that we can win it, then there is no reason to not acknowledge that we can. That in itself is something that gives a great feeling.
Talking to people about football you soon realise there are some that prefer not to believe in anything until it happens and others who want to believe it all until it doesn't.

Choose your straw!

I'm looking forward to the Everton game.. i think it is the last hurdle of fear that i hold personally that would hold me back from believing. I know the fuclers will raise their game, but im confident City will as well, it may be a battle and i hope we come out on top. I'd take a draw and still be confident we can at worst hold our own against any team at present. If we win it i will feel that we have shaken something off from last season and have the mentality and organisation to go all the way.. with a bit of luck here and there.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby frozen_pea » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

Unfortunately I can't make it to the Everton game.

Think this could be a big one.
If we win, then we can say we are strong enough to do it without Tevez / with all the bullshit going on. If we don't win, then people will say we have been de-stabilised
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby john68 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:09 am

frozen_pea wrote:Unfortunately I can't make it to the Everton game.

If we win, then we can say we are strong enough to do it without Tevez / with all the bullshit going on. If we don't win, then people will say we have been de-stabilised

I don't care if we have been de stabilised, sterilised or even fuclin pateurised...WE CAN WIN THIS LEAGUE.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:40 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... USIVE.html

City manager Mancini will meet with his squad in Turin today ahead of Wednesday's game at Juventus but Tevez will not be with them.

Journo's know SOOO MUUUUCH. I was gonna go see jimmy carr tonight aswell.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 am

gillie wrote:2 points off top place just hitting our straps and if you look at our fixtures for the rest of the season there are no nightmare segments of games.BELIEVE THIS IS OUR TIME i do and you can quote this thread if i am wrong.

Oh I believe all right but don't forget we are potentially 5 points off the top if the rags win their game in hand.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Kladze » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 am

brite blu sky wrote:

Put it this way while we are in a position that we can win it, then there is no reason to not acknowledge that we can. That in itself is something that gives a great feeling.
Talking to people about football you soon realise there are some that prefer not to believe in anything until it happens and others who want to believe it all until it doesn't.

Choose your straw!

I'm looking forward to the Everton game.. i think it is the last hurdle of fear that i hold personally that would hold me back from believing. I know the fuclers will raise their game, but im confident City will as well, it may be a battle and i hope we come out on top. [highlight]I'd take a draw and still be confident[/highlight]we can at worst hold our own against any team at present. If we win it i will feel that we have shaken something off from last season and have the mentality and organisation to go all the way.. with a bit of luck here and there.

You think we can win the title but are prepared to 'take a draw' in a home game against a team near the bottom of the table?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 am

Kladze wrote:
You think we can win the title but are prepared to 'take a draw' in a home game against a team near the bottom of the table?

While I see your point, Everton are a bogey team for us, and we usually end losing with them, so I can see why for him a draw wouldn't be so bad. For me, though, it would. We must win to keep the pressur eup on the rags and Arsenal.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Kladze » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

While I see your point, Everton are a bogey team for us, and we usually end losing with them, so I can see why for him a draw wouldn't be so bad. For me, though, it would. We must win to keep the pressur eup on the rags and Arsenal.

I've been watching City long enough to be able to make a case for almost every premier league team to be 'our bogey team' ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 am

I always said we should be capable of winning the league with the players we had accumulated. Thoughts that we should be happy with/aiming for 4th place were insanity, when you consider a draw in that one match against Spuds would've got us 4th - so some people were predicting hardly any improvement at all.

However although we are capable, and it is possible, we need consistency from here. It is fairly likely we may be top on January 2nd, but that will be after a run of easier games. And we have to travel to Chelski, Scum and Arsenal as well as the former glorious Dippers.

We need to keep banging in those wins.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:21 am

gillie wrote:2 points off top place just hitting our straps and if you look at our fixtures for the rest of the season there are no nightmare segments of games.BELIEVE THIS IS OUR TIME i do and you can quote this thread if i am wrong.

Done.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dronny » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am

Kladze wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

I've been watching City long enough to be able to make a case for almost every premier league team to be 'our bogey team' ;-)

LOL, add to that Shrewsbury, Halifax, York............
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only

Postby Kladze » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 am

Dronny wrote:
Kladze wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Kladze wrote:

LOL, add to that Shrewsbury, Halifax, York............

Halifax ......... oh Dear God !
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 am

frozen_pea wrote:Unfortunately I can't make it to the Everton game.

Tevez will start on Monday
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Kladze wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Choose your straw!

I'm looking forward to the Everton game.. i think it is the last hurdle of fear that i hold personally that would hold me back from believing. I know the fuclers will raise their game, but im confident City will as well, it may be a battle and i hope we come out on top. [highlight]I'd take a draw and still be confident[/highlight]we can at worst hold our own against any team at present. If we win it i will feel that we have shaken something off from last season and have the mentality and organisation to go all the way.. with a bit of luck here and there.

Yes i am.
As stated in the next 6 games thread, i rekoned on us being able to cope with of 3 draws out of 10. I stated those could be Stoke, Everton and Arsenal away. That would still land us with a ratio of 2pts per game for the WHOLE season so far.. that is better than any team so far this season. 2pts per game would see us on a form that would have us there abouts at the end of the season.

happy now?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Gillie, what's your sauce? ITK?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum