Training Tuesday 14/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 14/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 pm

I had been told no training today but that didnt ring true so I checked again and first it was 11 then 12 then 1 and they eventually came out just after 1.30 ( I got there for 1pm) and there were plenty missing. Tevez though was out and there were 20 or 21 in total.Missing and probably working inside were Toure x2, Nigel,Mario,Silva,Ade,Vinnie,Barry,Joe,Jo. With regard to Tevez there was nothing noticeable in the way players reacted or in how he performed.I did notice Lombardo messing with him at some point but really it was just training as usual or as usual as possible with so many key players missing.

Mancini also not there having taken the sensible decision it seemed to me to stay in Italy after his eye operation and come back with the team after the game on Thursday.Plenty of reserves on show and as they were training at the far side I was struggling to tell who everyone was. Mee,Boyata,Kay,Nimely were definites and I think Reece Wabara but there were a couple I wasn't at all sure of. My guesses were Assaulin and Helan but I could easily be wrong.( I thought Ibrahim but he didn't move like him)

After initial warm up jogs and an exercise or two they split into 3 teams and played short games ( one side contributing from just off the pitch) on basically a 5 a side pitch.Most notable things early on were great goals from Michael Johnson(2)and Kolarov(3) but it was all fast and frantic stuff. Tevez was just one of the players and didn't really stand out in any way although he did score a couple but he was just getting on with it.Lescott got a knock at some point which seemed to hurt him but I doubt if it was anything serious.

Then they made up 2 teams and had another game on half a pitch.AJ was showing up very well looking sharp although that final pass did elude him at times.The one I thought might have been Assaulin looked ok but didn't stand out,MJ looked good early on but then I stopped noticing him so I watched a little closer to see he was still involved and going strong.

Not a clue about the team for Thursday but I believe Tevez and Balotelli are not travelling. Mario so he doesnt get the usual racist abuse that the Italians like to give him!Is that really the reason or would we rather not risk injury before Monday's game?

Oh I nearly forgot. I didn't see him but I was told Chairman Khaldoon was on site today at Carrington.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 14/12

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Just out of interest was David Pratt their?? Heard a rumour going around the other day that he had been sacked but i waited for this particular thread to find out if it was bollox or not.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Oh I nearly forgot. I didn't see him but I was told Chairman Khaldoon was on site today at Carrington.

Hmmm...interesting...Tevez related I wonder?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dronny » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:16 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Thought exactly the same, can't imagine he's over the Xmas shopping opportunities?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

superkev8705 wrote:Just out of interest was David Pratt their?? Heard a rumour going around the other day that he had been sacked but i waited for this particular thread to find out if it was bollox or not.

Yes he was there and taking a slightly bigger role in training with the boss away.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks Doug. I presume than there was no team movement type training and prep for the Juve game then? Must just be going to wing it apart from a session in Turin with Bob on the day perhaps.

Everyone seems to think the team will be full of kids but i find that hard to believe, would have thought the basic Europa team would be playing.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:21 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

I would have to think so but was he really there? I am very surprised if he was that in didn't get a mention on SkySports as they were all but blocking the way in along with other freelance photographers. One photographer behind the fencing with me later didn't have steps but when he was given a look by another guy then started to ask which one was Tevez. You couldnt make it up and needless to say I wasn't in a helpful mood.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Thanks Doug. I presume than there was no team movement type training and prep for the Juve game then? Must just be going to wing it apart from a session in Turin with Bob on the day perhaps.

Everyone seems to think the team will be full of kids but i find that hard to believe, would have thought the basic Europa team would be playing.

Nothing like that at all. I can see a weakish side v Juve but I don't think it will go so far at to be full of kids.Maybe something like Given
Micah,Jerome,Lescott,Bridge
SWP,Milner,Vieira,AJ
Jo,ANO
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby svengali » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Doug, was Gai Assulin training with the team and if so how did he look? Cheers.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Cheers Doug, was that prick from the telegraph there? I think he owes you some royalties!
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:35 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Cheers Doug, was that prick from the telegraph there? I think he owes you some royalties!

Don't be silly. Why would he be there when he could just wait for others to report and nick the words?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:36 pm

svengali wrote:Doug, was Gai Assulin training with the team and if so how did he look? Cheers.

Not sure but on reflection probably not.The one I thought might have been him might have been Poole but they had so much clothing and headgear on it was hard to tell.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby svengali » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm

svengali wrote:Doug, was Gai Assulin training with the team and if so how did he look? Cheers.

Not sure but on reflection probably not.The one I thought might have been him might have been Poole but they had so much clothing and headgear on it was hard to tell.

Thanks anyway Doug. Looking forward to seeing him hopefully soon.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Chairman Khaldoon makes him sound like some crazed dictator !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Cheers Doug, was that prick from the telegraph there? I think he owes you some royalties!

Don't be silly. Why would he be there when he could just wait for others to report and nick the words?

Hahaha, very true Doug. Once again cheers for the effort that you do put in.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby markuse » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Doug, do you think that the players that won't fly to Turin will train both Thursday and Friday at Carrington?
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:31 pm

You didn't read his report did you?
how ignorant.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby bawbag » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:35 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Thanks Doug. I presume than there was no team movement type training and prep for the Juve game then? Must just be going to wing it apart from a session in Turin with Bob on the day perhaps.

Nothing like that at all. I can see a weakish side v Juve but I don't think it will go so far at to be full of kids.Maybe something like Given
Micah,Jerome,Lescott,Bridge
SWP,Milner,Vieira,AJ
Jo,ANO

Ha - like it Doug - 'a weakish side'

Things have changed just a little bit, a strong enough team to see off most Premier League opponents.

I don't know where the goals will come from - hope this guy ANO is a hit for us!
bawbag
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Crossie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:54 pm

i hope MJ goes to Turin,

If it becomes a meaningless game it would be great to give him 20 mins against a bunch of pussy I-Tie's
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 pm

markuse wrote:Doug, do you think that the players that won't fly to Turin will train both Thursday and Friday at Carrington?

They might train tomorrow at Carrington before flying out.Whenever they come back from Italy they won't train on Friday ,except maybe for those who aren't involved at all v Juve.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum